What's new

Are east Punjabies on path of self destruction?

i remember i befriended a Sikh guy when i was in DC for studies; the guy was the biggest charsi i ever met (and ive met a lot)

anytime i visit his apartment he has no snack but has plenty of alcoholic bottles in his freezer :laugh:

funny part was he's a very observant Sikh....never trimmed his hair or took off his turban (it was a bandana)

E.Punjab needs Islam...

You see, without Islam, what disaster comes to a geography...

We need to spread the civilization of Islam to Punjab, too...

E.Punjab needs Islam...

Alcohol & drugs are prohibited even in Sikhism ......

Here are 5 basic rules for a Sikh....

Rule 1 - THE 5 K's : Cutting hair is strictly forbidden in Sikhism. Sikhs are required to keep unshorn hair.

Rule 2 - INTOXICATION: Consumption of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, and other intoxicants is not allowed. Intoxicants are strictly forbidden for a Sikh.

Rule 3 - ADULTERY, HAVING PREMARITAL OR EXTRAMARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONS : In Sikhism, the spouses must be physically faithful to one another.

Rule 4 - BLIND SPIRITUALITY Superstitions and rituals should not be observed or followed, including pilgrimages, fasting and ritual purification; circumcision; idols, grave worship; compulsory wearing of the veil for women

Rule 5 - MATERIAL OBSESSION : Accumulation of material wealth is not encouraged in Sikhism.

Last edited:
There is no East or West Punjab. I would tend to call it Indian Punjab rather than East Punjab.

I;m quite sure Biharis speak Urdu....atleast they do in Bangladesh.

Urdu is a wide spoken language of South Asia ..... which act as a bridge b/w different communities ....
like here in Paistan Balochs, Pashtoons, Afghans, Punjabi, Sindhi, Kashmiri, even Bengali all speak Urdu at public places though its not their native language .... so whats big deal in it ..... :undecided:

Urdu is a wide spoken language of South Asia ..... which act as a bridge b/w different communities ....
like here in Paistan Balochs, Pashtoons, Afghans, Punjabi, Sindhi, Kashmiri, even Bengali all speak Urdu at public places though its not their native language .... so whats big deal in it ..... :undecided:

British introduced Urdu among Punjabis. All the medieval Muslims poets of Punjab wrote in Punjabi while in British time it shifted to Urdu. 
Really! How'd you come to to that conclusion?! Prove it!

Its copycat of polished Lucknowi Urdu. 
A quote from wiki .....

Now plz show me Urdu in that list .....

Bihari is considered as the dialects of Hindi/Urdu.

Last edited:
Lady say around 5:20 that Indian punjabis are becoming namard by taking so many drugs. Basically mean East Punjab is lost cause, i feel sorry for them. In couple of decades the oficial language will become Bihari.
bihari is no language.

Good blame everything on Pakistan and all is well. :enjoy:
Paaji best aafeem comes to India from Afghanistan through Pakistan with the help of farmers from both sides of LOC. 
E.Punjab needs Islam...

You tried that before and ended up loosing Mughal sultanut.

Last edited:
Paaji best aafeem comes to India from Afghanistan through Pakistan with the help of farmers from both sides of LOC.

Paaji - whatever you say, at the end it's responsibility of Indian border forces to stop smuggling and Punjab's border is plain unlike LOC where you can make excuse of terrain, and drugs are being distributed all over Punjab & Patiala --- even if you blame distribution on ISI as well but still it's your government and LEAs responsibility to control - based on scale mentioned in OP, i don't think it's possible without your own govt. & LEAs support/involvement.

check yourself dear ..... having some understanding problem.

Though there are a number of theories about the origin of Urdu (that is, aside from camp language theory) that say, for example, Urdu has its origin in Punjabi, or it was born in Deccan or in Sindh, few have stood up to research based on historical linguistics and comparative linguistic. Of the theories considered to be holding water, the most plausible seems to be the one that says Urdu developed from some dialects spoken in and around Delhi in the 11th and 12th centuries AD. These dialects include Brij Bhasha, Mewati, Khari Boli and Haryani, which, in turn had developed from Apbhransh. The name Apbhransh refers to a number of languages/dialects which were born from Prakrit languages. The question that still requires a precise answer is: from which Apbhransh did Urdu originate? Some linguists believe it was most probably an offshoot of Shourseni Prakrit, spoken in and around Mathura. Dr Gian Chand Jain says it was Khari Boli.

Urdu’s origin: it’s not a ‘camp language’ - DAWN.COM

Back
Top Bottom