What's new

Arab journalists hail Turkey’s ‘moral’ regional policy

Alija Izetbegovic mentions that Arslan was influential on him. Distribution of his books by Saudi's, by whatever purpose is a different case.

I wasn't serious but why not? Iran should take the lead. People absolutely would love it, especially Assad would hats off to that.

Turkey and Egypt have no problem among their people. They aren't our enemy. It is the coup that spoils our relations.

90% of the Muslim world is Sunni, so it should be a Sunni country that takes the lead. Also a country that has good relations with everyone. Thats why I said Oman, since its both a Sunni and a Neutral State. Its like the Switzerland of the Middle East.

Also I know there is no problem between Turkish and Egyptian people. Im talking about governments because thats what matters.

Then you have it. I myself couldnt remember Alija mentioning him personaly. So I just assumed he did, cause Arslan along with Abduhu, Bena.. influenced many muslim thinkers of that age.
Alija Izetbegovic became intelectual in his own right later on with uniqe thoughts and perspectives on muslim metters, from politics, ethics, philosophy

I myself was quite suprised seeing his book among the 'house library' collection which Saudis distrubuted back in the day. I mentioned it as a curiosity more then anything else.
Let me tell you another thing, like Shakib Arslan, Ataturk was a member of Special Organization.

Last edited:
Turkey's 'moral foreign policy' has always been a myth. Erodgan's antics and shameless utilization of the suffering of the Gazans to score cheap points earned Turkey a lot of unfortunate and undeserved praise in the period leading up to 2011 when he, for the sake of his neo-Ottoman wet dreams, decided to back the horrid terrorist war launched against Syria up till the failed coup against him in 2016 and disillusionment with NATO over the Kurd issue. I don't comment on Turkey's actions post-failed coup but prior to this Turkey was pursuing policies horrible for the region. Turkey does not pursue a policy based on values and Erdogan is the opposite of some 'Muslim unity' figurehead like his hordes of lazy followers think he is.

I have no doubt that I'm reading the post of a Pakistani suckular Jew who needs to suck more Muslim blood when everybody sleeps.

I have no doubt that I'm reading the post of a Pakistani suckular Jew who needs to suck more Muslim blood when everybody sleeps.

Do you have any brain cells in there? Calling out the 'Islamic Sultan wow wow Mashallah' and his collaboration with Israel makes me a 'suckular Pakistani Jew'?

Let me tell you another thing, like Shakib Arslan, Ataturk was a member of Special Organization.

I didnt know that. But Im not suprised. Also there/s no coincidence that the name Izetbegovic and his friends chose for their organization was The Young Muslims, probably taking its cue from Young Ottomans

There is nothing more futile in politics than to talk about wonderful but unattainable ideas. A realistic compromise is better than a handful of ideal prescriptions that remain only on paper - Izetbegovic

90% of the Muslim world is Sunni, so it should be a Sunni country that takes the lead. Also a country that has good relations with everyone. Thats why I said Oman, since its both a Sunni and a Neutral State. Its like the Switzerland of the Middle East.

Also I know there is no problem between Turkish and Egyptian people. Im talking about governments because thats what matters.

Oman is actually Ibadi, not Sunni majority.

Turkey is coming to Oman. I wouldn be suprised soon to read about the plans of a turskih military base. Oman is under preasure primarli from UAE, Saudi to the lessr extent. After Turkish reaction on Qatar issue, two gulf countries took note, Kuwait and Oman.

Turkey is coming to Oman. I wouldn be suprised soon to read about the plans of a turskih military base. Oman is under preasure primarli from UAE, Saudi to the lessr extent. After Turkish reaction on Qatar issue, two gulf countries took note, Kuwait and Oman.

what is the beef between oman and uae?

what is the beef between oman and uae?

Oman is too independent in its FP, re Iran, Yemen, Qatar. There are also some teritory 'disputes', UAE want some of Omani land. First recent bump, after a period of calm and warm relations, came in 2010., when Omanis busted a waste UAE run spy network inside Oman. The scandal was later worked thru with the help of Kuwaiti mediation, but relationship never returned to its previous levels. There's a lot of history of disputes there dating back to independence years, emirates were omani land:

a bit of historical background

https://mepc.org/journal/uae-and-oman-opportunities-and-challenges-twenty-first-century

UAE 'annexes Oman territory' on new Louvre museum map

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018...ritory-louvre-museum-map-180122060843418.html

Saudi-UAE pact's aggressive policies could break up GCC: Oman source

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/saudi-uae-reckless-policies-could-break-gcc-oman-source-435138828

Kuwait, Oman, and the Qatar Crisis

http://www.mei.edu/content/article/kuwait-oman-and-qatar-crisis

Ajam is only standing up on this issue .......

Bangladesh should take the lead. As i observed Bangladeshi members are the most fiery ones in this forum.

@T-Rex

I strongly disagree. It should be Emiratis... selfcentered, narcisistic, entity .. w/o any political, hystorical weight or vision and principles beyond selfperservation of their throne. Only thing they have is money. But money alone in st enough, ppl must believe in your vision and leadership, paying ppl up will get you so far. Case in point are their recent debacles startin with Qatar ( who unmanevered them like ameteurs), Yemen, Somalia.... Only regretable thing is that MBZ convinced Saudis to follow his geopolitical amaterish gambit...

And Im ready to bet on everzthingI had, UAE hostility towards rdogan and Turkey is in a big part their recognition of the turkish reasurgence political and otherwise in Islamic world circles... they see turskih potential to be the corner stone of the new ME and islamic world in general... And its a treath to them and their pitfull little sceems of keeping the status quo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom