Apple begins manufacturing iPhone SE in India

proud_indian

Reaction score
Country
India
Apple begins manufacturing iPhone SE in India

• Apple confirmed it has started to build iPhone SE units in Bengaluru, India
  • India is one of Apple's key growth markets
  • Samsung is currently the most popular smartphone maker in India, according to IDC
Todd Haselton | @robotodd
2 Hours AgoCNBC.com
104056412-RTX2OJUU2.530x298.jpg

Beck Diefenbach | Reuters

Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook

Apple began manufacturing a small batch of iPhones in India on for the first time on Wednesday.

"We are beginning initial production of a small number of iPhone SE in Bengaluru," Apple told CNBC, noting that it plans to begin shipping to customers in the market this month.

China and India are two markets where Apple has looked for growth, and the company has made significant investments in India to help it gain traction among its 1.2 billion consumers. The company opened up an iOS development lab last year, for example. The investments in India's economy may play out well among consumers who currently favor other devices.

There's plenty of room for Apple to grow in India, as it is not currently one of the top five smartphone manufacturers in the country. According to data released by IDC this week, Samsung leads in the market with a 28.1 percent share, followed by Chinese smartphone makers Xiaomi, Vivo, Lenovo and Oppo.

Apple remains part of a slice of smartphone makers trying to gain traction, which have a 28.3 percent share of India's smartphone market combined.

The iPhone SE is one of Apple's lower-priced iPhones and is already available in India.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/17/apple-begins-manufacturing-iphone-se-in-india.html

Apple,like others, has been asked by GOI to follow its Phased-Manufacturing-Plan(PMP) ie Value addition of 50% by 2020,not just assembling as Apple wanted.

any user of Iphone SE here ? i was thinking to buy this phone, can anyone share his/her experience ?

Apple does not manufacture any iPhones. It outsources to Foxconn(China)

any user of Iphone SE here ? i was thinking to buy this phone, can anyone share his/her experience ?

As far as I know SE is basically Iphone 6S's hardware put in a 5S's body... which is my favorite looking Apple design ever. Just love how classy it looks and that it's not with the size of a tablet like most other smart phones- I love phones that I can operate with only one hand. No matter what the Apple haters might say be sure that it will work perfectly for years too. :)

India is an important market for Apple. Like the rest of the world, Apple products are considered premium and will continue to sell well which would mean more investments and more made in India products from Apple. Good start!

The good days of Iphones are gone, so many competent competitors emerged in recent years.

Me,,its ok.
Only problm i found is the inability to download any app bigger thn 100mb over 4g LTE netwrk,,apps above 100mb require wifi

As far as I know SE is basically Iphone 6S's hardware put in a 5S's body... which is my favorite looking Apple design ever. Just love how classy it looks and that it's not with the size of a tablet like most other smart phones- I love phones that I can operate with only one hand. No matter what the Apple haters might say be sure that it will work perfectly for years too. :)

The screen size, is it bigger than 4s ? I used to use Samsung , but later moved to Iphone 4S and since than i did not change my phone but i bought other things i like now i want to change my phone, but this time a little bigger screen to enjoy videos ..

Me,,its ok.
Only problm i found is the inability to download any app bigger thn 100mb over 4g LTE netwrk,,apps above 100mb require wifi

I have to replace my Baba Adam Iphone 4s so i hope its just little bigger than that ..

@Starlord , yeah it has a bigger screen (4 inches) than a 4S (3,5 inches) yet for enjoying videos most people choose phones with a bigger screens than that. 6S is at 4,7 inches and 6S+ is at 5,5 inches. Yet they will be more expensive than an SE. It all depends on your budget and what you are looking for in a phone.

If you have the money to splurge on it go for it. If not its not worth it. One thing about apple products is that support for their products via software updates or os will be a bit long compared to android.

Back
Top Bottom