What's new

Anyone good in programming here?

risingsinga

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hello smart guys on PDF :)

I am working on an assignment for that I need to install a software on my Mac. But it requires me to modify the .bashrc or .bash_profiles but I cannot find any of these files. in my home directory. I'm using Mac OS 10 El Capitain on my MacBook Pro. Can anyone help me.
My background is from medical sciences so I don't know much about programming. Thanks for the help in advance!!

Regards,
Maaz :)

Last edited:
Hello the smart guys on PDF :)

I am working on an assignment for that I need to install a software on my Mac. But it requires me to modify the .bashrc or .bash_profiles but I cannot find any of these files. in my home directory. I'm using Mac OS 10 El Capitain on my MacBook Pro. Can anyone help me.
My background is from medical sciences so I don't know much about programming. Thanks for the help in advance!!

Regards,
In your user folder, /Users/UserName.
1- Open terminal
2- Type
cd /Users/UserName
3- Create file
touch .bash_profile
4-Open file to edit
open .bash_profile

I hope that helps

bash shell is for Linux/BSD's right? the .bashrc, .profile file will be in /etc/skel/ directory.

In your user folder, /Users/UserName.
1- Open terminal
2- Type
cd /Users/UserName
3- Create file
touch .bash_profile
4-Open file to edit
open .bash_profile

I hope that helps
Thanks for your response. I will try and let you know. :)

bash shell is for Linux/BSD's right? the .bashrc, .profile file will be in /etc/skel/ directory.
Will it be valid for Mac too?

Thanks for your response. I will try and let you know. :)

Will it be valid for Mac too?

The files you named are Linux files,

My hunch is that you may have downloaded the wrong version of software. i.e one for Linux not for MAC.

Regards,
Download Vmware and install any software's iso you want on it

Regards,
Look at /Users/YourUserName/.profile or .bash_profile
If it is not there you can create one & put information there you need to be loaded with each instance of bash.

Create .bash_profile in place of .profile if you want contents to effect bash shell only.

Last edited:

Regards,

1) on the terminal command prompt type "cd" and enter. (This will take you to ur home directory)
2) Then type "ls -a" and enter (This will show hidden directories & files. )
3) you can see the list of files which includes bashrc file .

if it is not present as suggested by others you can create one.

Best thing is to ask some one else who has already installed that software and seek their help.
I am sure you will run into more issues while installing software , bashrc problem is simply nothing.
If it takes time you will learn some thing new , all the best. :tup:

Last edited:
Virgins on Reddit says South Asians are the worst coders...

I beg to differ, Both India and Pakistan are involved in a lot of software development so I'm not sure in what context they said. However please do not take my example as I have non-IT background.

Don't know what made them say that but most of the coders are Indians only...you go to microsoft or any big product based companies you will find the majority of the coders are Indians

Back
Top Bottom