What's new

Anyone for PM but Narendra Modi: Amartya Sen

Anyone? ANYONE? That's a very very responsible, objective and constructive statement backed with sound reasoning from this guy.

Gotta say, leftists, like islamicans can never rise above their ideological decay, the damage is permanent.

In a recent interview to a news channel, Nobel Laurate Amartya Sen said that a government led by prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi won't be the best for the country.

Amartya Sen had long maintained his position against Modi. He had yesterday said that he thought Modi was not a good candidate for the prime minister's seat. He had come all the way from New York to cast his vote after 13 years in Bolpur, West Bengal, his hometown. He further added, in the interview that it would had been better if anyone else but Modi had led the BJPin the elections.

Amartya Sen stressed that he is not anti-BJP but also said that BJP will never be his party. He mentioned that he wasn't pro-Congress either, as according to him it had a poor record.

Sen who has always been compared to economist Jagdish Bhagwati dismissed speculations that they were rivals but he felt that Bhagwati focused on him too much. He said, "He likes discussing me, I don't like discussing him." He had earlier said that Bhagwati and his collaborators had written 24 articles against him but he had never written any on Bhagwati.

Anyone for PM but Narendra Modi: Amartya Sen | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Well,

Amratya sen is fighting this election by proxy. This election is as much of a referendum on his economic model as it is on Congress's corruption.

And he is rightly scared of Modi as Modi is going to marginalize his acolytes like jean derze and would listen to right wing economists like Jagdish Bhagwati.

In a recent interview to a news channel, Nobel Laurate Amartya Sen said that a government led by prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi won't be the best for the country.

Amartya Sen had long maintained his position against Modi. He had yesterday said that he thought Modi was not a good candidate for the prime minister's seat. He had come all the way from New York to cast his vote after 13 years in Bolpur, West Bengal, his hometown. He further added, in the interview that it would had been better if anyone else but Modi had led the BJPin the elections.

Amartya Sen stressed that he is not anti-BJP but also said that BJP will never be his party. He mentioned that he wasn't pro-Congress either, as according to him it had a poor record.

Sen who has always been compared to economist Jagdish Bhagwati dismissed speculations that they were rivals but he felt that Bhagwati focused on him too much. He said, "He likes discussing me, I don't like discussing him." He had earlier said that Bhagwati and his collaborators had written 24 articles against him but he had never written any on Bhagwati.

Anyone for PM but Narendra Modi: Amartya Sen | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Who cares for his views ? If he does not want, don't vote for him. People who want him will vote for him & have already voted. As simple as that. :whistle:

Mr Sen knows that he has to oppose Modi ...but does not know why ?

He is not opposed to BJP but Modi ....His assertion anyone but Modi explains that he is opposed to person than ideology ..

Is he ok with Mulayam or Mayawati as PM of India ...since he has said anyone but Modi ?

this guy is utter biased,he never raised a voice against all the scams.

what about the 1984 riots,,,now sikhs don't count in sen's book??
pathetic

Anyone? ANYONE? That's a very very responsible, objective and constructive statement backed with sound reasoning from this guy.

Gotta say, leftists, like islamicans can never rise above their ideological decay, the damage is permanent.

yup,,their grey matter shrinks pretty fast.
i doubt if any is even left in sen at all!!

u know the first thing that sen would do if he becomes the finance minister??
he will slash the defence budget and advocate lca against rafales as was a stupid report in hindu a week back.

these guys don't even understand india properly.:hitwall:

this guy is utter biased,he never raised a voice against all the scams.

what about the 1984 riots,,,now sikhs don't count in sen's book??
pathetic

India needs to move ahead and look towards future .

We had enough of quarreling with past & we had enough of 1984 , 1992 , 2002 ....

We need to look forward to 2014 and years ahead ...If India has to progress.

all right mate,what poor language did i use??
is he not left winger?

You wrote: " troll can't shut his mouth" .... and thats pretty poor. Just because you dont agree with someones opinion (And he expressed his opinion in a proper manner! ) you cannot tell him to "shut up".

You wrote: " troll can't shut his mouth" .... and thats pretty poor. Just because you dont agree with someones opinion (And he expressed his opinion in a proper manner! ) you cannot tell him to "shut up".

I think it's @he-man 's natural way of talking . I don't think he mean to disrespect Mr Amartya Sen ....

I totally agree with you that we should express ourselves in civil way. after all mr Amartya sen is a nobel laureate . and he is entitled to his views ...

I think it's @he-man 's natural way of talking . I don't think he mean to disrespect Mr Amartya Sen ....

I totally agree with you that we should express ourselves in civil way. after all mr Amartya sen is a nobel laureate . and he is entitled to his views ...

dude he is free to express his views,,,,i couldn't care less.
i may have been a bit too crass here but the point stands.

he has been airing these views for quite some time now.
the best thing is even as an economist he has no say on countless scams and i find that very disturbing

found the thanks button:fans:

Last edited:
India needs to move ahead and look towards future .

We had enough of quarreling with past & we had enough of 1984 , 1992 , 2002 ....

We need to look forward to 2014 and years ahead ...If India has to progress.

we cannot let the guilty for such grave massacres to go unpunished just for the sake of moving on and looking forward. Perpetrators of 2002 are languishing in Jail but ones responsible1984 genocide are all not roaming free but also hold important political positions just because Sikhs don't form a vote bank like Muslims do. So much for bloody secularism.

Amartya Sen is India's most respected economist and the most internationally known academic that India has produced. His rejection of Modi makes me doubt Modi's suitability.

Amartya Sen is India's most respected economist and the most internationally known academic that India has produced. His rejection of Modi makes me doubt Modi's suitability.
That's an appeal to false authority. The question here is not one of economics, so him being a respected economist has no bearing, any more than if he were a great author or engineer or doctor. If it was a question of economic policy, then a good economist's view can be considered authoritative. On this subject, his opinion is (only) as important as anybody else's.

Well I dont trust this Nobel Prize .And so people like Sen.Always a loud speaker of Western interests

Indian citizens will elect their PM not some NRI

The question here is not one of economics

Isn't it? The election is all about economics, specifically about how Congress has failed to unlock the high growth India desperately needs. An economist like Sen must consider India's economy as the foremost priority, so his refusal to endorse Modi suggests he has dismal expectations of Modi's ability to run the economy.

Back
Top Bottom