What's new

Any questions Regarding India

you forgot to name me :tongue:

Sorry, you should have been included, among the intelligent Hindutvavadi revisionists. KS has been cutting slices out of my flesh for the longest period, Bhairava and Rig Vedic are obstinate as hell, whereas you have not given me a major belly-ache so far. PLEASE keep it that way.

Did I say any where that he did not employed Hindus. I told that this article will give you insights. It is well researched article where many of his activities are brought about. You asked whether he killed hindus or not I gave you a link according to which he sanctioned killing of Hindus and christians. He also employed hindus and at other time gave grants to temples.

In all it shows that his policy keep changing with time. In all his rule was typical of a feudal lord who acts on seeing short term gains.

There is an explanation to his grants to temples as well, the **** was a great fan of astrology and he let 2 temples to conduct one puja in a week for the benefit of the astrologers who advised him. He razed and destroyed hundreds of temples to the contrary.

ok and how many hindu rajas mahrajas gave money to mosques compared to TIPU who gave grants to temples and protected a temple from invasion?

well researched how did you come to that conclusion when clearly it says that things said AGAINST him were written by british who fought against him and hence it is disputed that they had other motives!

after alll this let us for a minute assume just assume you are correct and he "killed" hindus. however, he also protected their temples & gave them jobs in high posts such as minister of treasury!

given the time he lived in won't you call him a very lenient and liberal leader compared to other rulers of his time???? you can't judge him given the morality of today! clearly blacks were considered lower class till 20th century! & hindus considered "achut" & kachra classes lower compared to brahmin.

given the harsh times he lived in it clearly can be said he was truly an enlightened despot of his time. for giving freedom to all his subjects and have a "diverse cabinet" of ministers!

Actually, I rather agree with you. We cannot judge people by the standards of today .

There are different ways of explaining things to bullies, to young school boys, to young educated elite and the approach is different towards intellectuals.

I know, you being an intellectual do feel frustrated.

sir, I don't have what you term as prejudices.

In that case, I have to assume that your general posts are intended for a particular audience, and stay out of them.

Fair enough.

And what are these .... please explain.

You can start with Indus Valley Civilization and subsequently move forward with Vedic civilization,Mahajanapadas and the Magadha empire.Subsequently you can look into the Dravidian civilizations like Cholas,Chalukyas,Pandyas,Pallavas.

Some are ancient civilizations aging back to thousands of year BC,some are more modern,belonging to the medieval era.After you finish upto this,you can start with the later civlizations.Given you the names,I think I have given you the name of a historian as well in one of my earlier posts,"R.C.Mazumdar".Read some his books.

Well Sir,

I am the scion of Indus Valley Civilization. I am also the holder of the cradle of Indus Valley Civilization. I am also Muslim, therefore I also represent Muslim civilization.

What does India represent - a place where people live whose ancestors also lived there before them.

As I already pointed out you are not the scion of IVC or Swat or Pushkalavati because the heritage was not created by history Iranian people. Second you guys claim Urdu, here is an informative map about the native place of Khariboli.

300px-Hindustani_map.png

How is general Indian views toward Iran and Iranians?What do they think about historical ties and shared culture of both countries?

Could equally well speak for the fact that the 900 million fought, resisted, and then pushed back and absorbed.

Fought for 700 years? That is more than 7 generations? 7 generations allowed to live and not FORCEFULLY CONVERTED...Because you see, spread by the sword literally means convert or die! So, at least admit this concept is false!

Well, all humans are Muslim to start with. Islam is the oldest faith. And adam and eve were Muslim. Created by Allah. And all she had for her lower privates was a fig leaf. Bossoms unfettered by later Islamic morality (prudishness?).

So either Islam was not around when man was magically created.

Or the prudishness was a recent after-thought. And maybe man-made?

2 questions:
How do you what Eve covered? From the bible? We do not follow the bible...we accept that which is similar to the Quran but which differs we do not follow...Apart from the bible where does it state how much Eve covered?

ok and how many hindu rajas mahrajas gave money to mosques compared to TIPU who gave grants to temples and protected a temple from invasion?

well researched how did you come to that conclusion when clearly it says that things said AGAINST him were written by british who fought against him and hence it is disputed that they had other motives!

after alll this let us for a minute assume just assume you are correct and he "killed" hindus. however, he also protected their temples & gave them jobs in high posts such as minister of treasury!

given the time he lived in won't you call him a very lenient and liberal leader compared to other rulers of his time???? you can't judge him given the morality of today! clearly blacks were considered lower class till 20th century! & hindus considered "achut" & kachra classes lower compared to brahmin.

given the harsh times he lived in it clearly can be said he was truly an enlightened despot of his time. for giving freedom to all his subjects and have a "diverse cabinet" of ministers!

You are right with time the things change and the same standards can't be applied.
-India is not the same as it was in the past.
-People in past were different
-Society laws in the past were different the values the people live and die for were different.

In today's society we had to look beyond the values, society and the way of living of the past, not be the slave or fan boy of the past.
You asked the question of his massacre I hope you have got the full picture and good insights now.
My point he was a person living for himself like a normal feudal rural; a bit short sighted (as he was unable to forge proper alliance and lost his kingdom on a relatively small issue of Travancore).

Sorry, you should have been included, among the intelligent Hindutvavadi revisionists. KS has been cutting slices out of my flesh for the longest period, Bhairava and Rig Vedic are obstinate as hell, whereas you have not given me a major belly-ache so far. PLEASE keep it that way.

You must have included me in your pet list as well, seeing as you never replied to my email. :pop:

How is general Indian views toward Iran and Iranians?What do they think about historical ties and shared culture of both countries?

We have a rich history with Iran that dates back ages.
The language that we speak is derived from a language that belongs to Indo-Iranian language group.
I will skip the ancient-medieval history part and move to current relations.
India was the founder-member of the Non-Aligned-Movement and the current Chair-Person of the same is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad,the current President of your country.That speaks volumes about the present relations.The countries have shared a friendly relation so far,with active trade relations and joint ventures like the Irano-Hind Shipping Co.,Zaranj-Delaram Highway,Chabahar port etc.
As Indians we are friendly to the Iranians and people like me,commend Iran's stand against Western Imperialism.Although many Indians denounce the form of justice that is currently being followed in Iran,freedom of expression,the public executions etc.Yes,as Indians,we are concerned about the people of Iran.

Yes. Always. One cannot turn away from the truth.

Not when its part of one's DNA.

The persecution and the truth.

Which part of your DNA incorporated the sword? TO me personally that is the most ridiculous thing to hear!

Your DNA can be traced back to millions of years, you basically are living proof that your ancestors were neither murdered by Muslims nor forcefully converted!

Back
Top Bottom