What's new

Any questions Regarding India

:rofl:

Dear friend, good to see you active. Before I answer, please see the Questions about China thread, posts #523, 524 and 526.

I am sure it will amuse you.

I don't know how I missed that, guess I really need more time to go through all those thread.
I agree with you on both country should set on the border on their LAC, but in order for that to happen, the leaders of China as I have know would also need something else from India too. That is a justifiable excuse for China to give up their claim of Arunachal Pradesh to save government's face in this negotiation, because in Chinese politics or just in society saving face is one of the most important thing for politicians. So that is what has been troubling me for the most part, as I could not think a possible way to achieve this without making the government looking weak to its people as you have seen recently how sensitional they can be with those kind of issues, or making India compromise its own integrity by giving in too much that makes this an unfair deal.

Also as some India member wrote in the China's question as a response to mine, Tibet would never be on the table of this negotiation as India government as well as the rest of the world have already acknowledged that Tibet is an integrated part of China despite how some India members here feel. Otherwise this would be a whole different ball game which would hinder any futher negotiation about any other matters.

I don't know how I missed that, guess I really need more time to go through all those thread.
I agree with you on both country should set on the border on their LAC, but in order for that to happen, the leaders of China as I have know would also need something else from India too. That is a justifiable excuse for China to give up their claim of Arunachal Pradesh to save government's face in this negotiation, because in Chinese politics or just in society saving face is one of the most important thing for politicians. So that is what has been troubling me for the most part, as I could not think a possible way to achieve this without making the government looking weak to its people as you have seen recently how sensitional they can be with those kind of issues, or making India compromise its own integrity by giving in too much that makes this an unfair deal.

Also as some India member wrote in the China's question as a response to mine, Tibet would never be on the table of this negotiation as India government as well as the rest of the world have already acknowledged that Tibet is an integrated part of China despite how some India members here feel. Otherwise this would be a whole different ball game which would hinder any futher negotiation about any other matters.

I agree with you 100%. The answer that is staring me in the face is obvious, but i feel reluctant even to mention it out aloud, since there is so much sentiment attached to it in certain quarters. It is also a military decision, as the concession in question should not lead to complaints that their entire position has been compromised.

This symbolic extra compensation may take more time than all the rest put together.

I have a couple of questions about language usage in India.

1) What is the spoken language native to India with the most amount of speakers and is it commonly used on TV, politics and everyday life?

2) Concerning English in India, is it generally only used in the software/service sectors or does it serve also as a lingua franca language across most/all of India?

1) What is the spoken language native to India with the most amount of speakers and is it commonly used on TV, politics and everyday life?

2) Concerning English in India, is it generally only used in the software/service sectors or does it serve also as a lingua franca language across most/all of India?

Hindi is native tongue to 40% of the Indians and especially for people from North India. And you have 18 something other languages and 1000s of dialects as native tongue for the rest of the Indians.But many Indians read/speak Hindi. And it is the most commonly used language on TV, politics and everyday life. But most people in states like Tamilnadu in South India do not speak Hindi. Their language of communication with other states' people is english.

But many Indians can communicate in English as well - courtesy of the english education and the legacy leftover by British.

This is more like an opinion question. Where do you guys see Pak-Indo relations heading lets say 20 years from now? thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Towards prosperity, trade and buisness. LOL after killing 100 million people in world war 2 if the west can come together then why can't India and Pakistan. They realised the importance of development and came together. India and Pakistan have to do the same one day. India will somehow develop, but Pakistan will be the one to suffer if it choose to go opposite.

nothing will happen..coz india has seen the period of usa+Pak+china al through cold war.
have u forgot the mujhahedeen of kashmire?remember 10 years back..... kiya america iss ka bandobast bhi kar k jae ga ya iss chakar mein within 2 years war karwa k jae ga pakistan and india :P

This is more like an opinion question. Where do you guys see Pak-Indo relations heading lets say 20 years from now? thanks in advance :rolleyes:

The prob with us Asians is that we think from our heart & not the head.

Our animosity cannot be more than that of France - Germany or US - Japan. They have gotten over the past and economics turned two enemies into economic allies.

India , Pak & China need to look towards each other first before looking westwards for answers.

One hope 20 years from now something like this will happen.

For this the young need to question themselves & their Govts and lead the way. Old fogies are stuck in the rut.

Does India see itself as part of the muslim world? Due to shared history and geographic proximity?
As well as a large population of muslims.

No we dont. Just like your civilizational identity is Judeo-Christian, ours is Dharmic.

Indians are not Islamophobes. Difficult to be, when large numbers of Indians ARE Muslims.

If Indians in general had been Islamophobes, then the Islamophobic party, the BJP, would have won a lot of seats in elections. They don't.

Yes, Indians on this forum are disproportionately Islamophobic. For instance, see #14.

BJP is not Islamophobe. A party that does not try to appease minorities does not automatically become Islamophobe.

Hindi is the language that is most commonly used in India.It is mostly used in the Northern and Central parts of India.The regional languages are mainly used for official communications.English is like the Secondary official language.

No we dont. Just like your civilizational identity is Judeo-Christian, ours is Dharmic.

BJP is not Islamophobe. A party that does not try to appease minorities does not automatically become Islamophobe.

Bye by you are banned :wave:

A lot depends upon the Pakistani economic condition.If it deteriorates,probably we may have to face a higher infiltration in Kashmir.That may give rise to tensions between the two nations.
If Pakistani economic condition improves then we may end up with another Operation Gibraltar/Kargil like situation.That may worsen the situation.

I frankly dont see any country giving up their claim on Kashmir,so its status quo.Trade may increase a little.Rest all remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom