What's new

Any good Indian military movies?

I don't mean story, most of these military movies sucks for story. I don't need to understand the language, I just want to see some cool military gadgets.

It be great if it was real equipments.
yea...one movie..madras cafe..released last year....but it doesnt show new military stuff it shows old stuff used by IPKF(indian peace keeping force) in sri lanka...the movie is basily focused on covert ops(by R&AW)..although it has few blunders overall the movie is good based on incidents happend in 80s 90s.....
MadrasCafe.jpg

I don't mean story, most of these military movies sucks for story. I don't need to understand the language, I just want to see some cool military gadgets.

It be great if it was real equipments.

Pure war movies were never a favorite of Indian film industries, that is a Hollywood thing. We don't have such billion dollar film budget to make such highly computer graphics rich war movies, and apart from young Indian male crowd such movies doesn't really have a significant market in India, Indian movies are different. There are some good war movies, but you won't find too many military equipment in those movies, they are all story based. You can check the following movies.

Haqeeqat (1964) - IMDb - On 1962 Indo-China war
Border (1997) - IMDb - On 1971 Indo-Pak war - Battle of Longiwala
Lakshya (2004) - IMDb - On 1999 Kargil conflict

Edit: I haven't seen Madras Cafe, but trailers look good.

The Chinese army has their own movie studio, while the US army works with Hollywood.

Indian Bollywood must have something. Does Indian army not want to use movies to attract new recruits? The best way to do it is well movies.

Like this one, I mean the story is so lame, but well, the action is also lame, but you do get to see some cool new equipments.

They don't need to. The army holds a very high position in our society so there are much more applicants than there are seats. In fact, it's harder to get into Officer school than it is to get into Med school.

I guess I'm too old for this forum :D.. but if you really want to see some real Indian movie based on armed forces you should watch Vijeta, directed by Govind Nihalani and produced by Shashi Kapoor. This movie was all the way supported by the IAF and IN . Really superb movie, well researched and worth the watch. I really wonder no one suggested it yet on this thread.

Everyone here forgot "Prahar" of Nana Patekar,,One of the best movies.
hqdefault.jpg

@Genesis
there is no bollywood war movie which can be compared with Hollywood epics like patton,thin red line,platoon,bridge too far.......
i dont know why,,,but bollywood sucks in most genres bar rom-coms.........
only movie worth watching(based on millitary men),in my opinion,is PRAHAR....

I guess I'm too old for this forum :D.. but if you really want to see some real Indian movie based on armed forces you should watch Vijeta, directed by Govind Nihalani and produced by Shashi Kapoor. This movie was all the way supported by the IAF and IN . Really superb movie, well researched and worth the watch. I really wonder no one suggested it yet on this thread.
That was a hell of a movie. I completely forgot. Still remember the dialogue "Asmaan se geere aur khajoor me atke" :lol:

That was a hell of a movie. I completely forgot. Still remember the dialogue "Asmaan se geere aur khajoor me atke" :lol:

I watched a documentary where it showed Sunny Deol single handedly winning the 1965 war.

I wanted to name LOC Kargil, but God.......It had Abhishek Bachan in it......so nope, not in the GOOD category.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom