What's new

Antulay raises doubts over Karkare's killing

Threads merged - please keep related subject matter in the same thread instea do creating new ones.

Storm in Lok Sabha over minister’s claim​

* Red-faced Congress swiftly dissociates itself from statement, will seek explanation from Minority Affairs Minister AR Antulay​

NEW DELHI: Indian Minority Affairs Minister Abdul Rahman Antulay has caused a storm in the Lok Sabha on Wednesday and Thursday, suggesting that the killing of Anti-Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare in Mumbai during last month’s terror attacks was a conspiracy.

The minister said he was killed due to his leading role in the investigations of the 2006 Malegaon bombings that killed eight people outside a mosque and have been blamed on Hindu nationalists.

“Anyone trying to go to the roots of terror has always been a target,” he said, calling for a separate inquiry into Karkare’s death. “There is more than what meets the eye,” he said, adding that the top official went to Cama Hospital instead of the Taj and Oberoi hotels, and was wearing a ‘substandard’ bulletproof vest.

Creating five minutes of pandemonium as Antulay sat quietly, opposition legislators said they were not satisfied with his clarification in the House the previous day that he did doubt the terrorists had killed Karkare.

Speaker Somnath Chatterjee tried in vain to pacify the agitated legislators, who continued to protest even after Parliamentary Affairs Minister Vyalar Ravi intervened and assured them the government would look into the matter.

Congress: A red-faced Congress swiftly dissociated itself from the minister. “We don’t accept the inference and the innuendo that underline the statement (by Antulay)...We don’t agree with bringing this case under a cloud,” Times of India newspaper quoted a Congress spokesman as saying. Citing its sources in the party, it said the Congress would seek an explanation from the minister.

Statement: External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said the government would make a statement on Antulay’s remarks either today (Friday) or before the end of the Lok Sabha on December 23. iftikhar gilani/agencies/ daily times monitor

Antulay not sorry, says he's said what many think

CNN-IBN

Published on Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 14:34, Updated on Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 15:36 in Nation section

Tags: Mumbai Terror Attacks, National Investigation Agency , New Delhi

New Delhi: While Minority Affairs Minister AR Antulay sent his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he has also reiterated his demand for a probe into the death of the Anti-Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare Hemant’s death.

“I have said what was their in the minds of lots of people,” he said speaking with reporters outside Parliament.

Sources say his resignation has not been accepted yet. Antulay too let the ambiguity remain. “I am a soldier of the party, if it’s in the interest of the party then I will resign. Party doesn't have to tell me to resign,“ he said.

He also said maintained that a lot of things are swept under the carpet. “Media has twisted what I have said ,” he said,

Meanwhile, RJD chief and Railway Minister Lalu Prasad said it was an "established fact" that the former Maharashtra ATS chief was killed by terrorists from Pakistan.

Antulay not sorry, says he's said what many think

Antule is trying to woo the minority right-wingers

Really? Now thats an interesting stand.Are u trying to imply that the minority right wingers in india agree with Antulay?And he is only voicing what they silently or otherwise believe in and want to hear out loud?

Umar ho gayi hai ab upar jaane ki

Kis kis ko bhejou gai? ATS kai teen tu gai...ab next hit list mei kon kon hai...amraish mishra,anudhati roy...and many more jin ka abhi agai pata chalai ga?:)
Keep us posted!

No wonder the ATC chiefs wife was so upset at the Indian leaders !

What is this nonsense they refused because the aid was meant for senior police officers only. By your logic she should soon be applying for asylum in Pakistan.

Antulay has said ""Karkare and two other police officers were definitely killed by the Pakistani terrorists. Even a fool knows this. What I asked was who sent Karkare and the two officers there?"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...of_my_remarks_Antulay/articleshow/3862168.cms

And now
Muslim forum demands Antulay's resignation

Last edited:
I was today only reading in TOI support builds for Antulay in Pakistan and I can see that here. BTW how old is Nawaz Sharif??

I wonder how long this Minority Affairs Minister AR Antulay will live....:what:

He suffers from no life-threatening ailments. Will live long enough to give sound bites that will gladden Pakistani hearts for generation to come.

You will narrate tales of this bumbling fool to your granchildren - he will still be alive at that time.

Kis kis ko bhejou gai? ATS kai teen tu gai...ab next hit list mei kon kon hai...amraish mishra,anudhati roy...and many more jin ka abhi agai pata chalai ga?:)
Keep us posted!

Both govt and Cong should feel proud of my comments: Antulay19 Dec 2008, 1431 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Unfazed by the controversy triggered by his remarks on the killing of former ATS chief Hemant Karkare, Minority Affairs Minister AR Antulay today said that he stuck to his stand and that both government and Congress should feel "proud" of his comments.

"I always stand by the truth," said Antulay, who has sent his resignation to the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, in the wake of the uproar after he raised questions on Karkare's killing.

Asked whether he stood by what he had said two days back, he replied in the affirmative. He had said, "Whether Karkare was a victim of terrorism or terrorism plus something, I do not know..."

"I said a man like Karkare is born among millions... Who pushed him in the trap of death? Who sent him there to be killed by the Pakistanis?" was Antulay's refrain.

Arguing that Congress had no reason to be embarrassed by whatever he had said, Antulay said, "Both the government and the party should feel proud."

He refused to confirm nor deny whether he sent his resignation to the Prime Minister.

Asked whether he had been asked to resign, he said, "Does a person like Antulay need to be told to resign?"

On being pestered to confirm his resignation, Antulay said, "... I am a self respected person...Forget the resignation. That is a very simple thing. I had resigned from Chief Ministership of Maharashtra...when 100% Congress MLAs were with me."

To another query whether the party has sought any clarification from him, he said, "Clarification is sought when anything is hidden."

Justifying his earlier demand for including riots under the purview of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), Antulay said, "On the issue of federal agency, I said what was in the hearts of millions of Indians... I have told the truth."

"Nobody spoke. But I did. I said so because it has been found that a number of things are pushed under the carpet in the name of state subject. Federal agency is being made... I said it at an opportune moment as a reminder of duty," he argued.

He also refused to accept the opposition's charge that Pakistan can use his remarks on the circumstances surrounding Maharashtra ATS chief Hemant Karkare's killing and questioned, "How do you say that Pakistan can use this thing?"

Further clarifying his earlier remarks, Antulay said, "Karkare and two other police officers were definitely killed by the Pakistani terrorists. Even a fool knows this. What I asked was who sent Karkare and the two officers there?"

He said print and electronic media twisted his comments.

Both govt and Cong should feel proud of my comments: Antulay-India-The Times of India

UPA proud of my remark on Karkare, says Antulay
Font size: CNN-IBN December 21, 2008 09:47:00

New Delhi : Almost three years after A R Antulay's swearing-in ceremony, the Minorities Minister finally means business. By grabbing headlines over the conspiracy theory he has voiced concerning the death of Anti-Terrorism Squad chief, Hemant Karkare, A R Antulay he has tied the Government in knots.
However, what is remarkable is that the minister himself is hardly in a minority, with support pouring in for his comments from likeminded allies. Railways Minister Lalu Prasad has said, "All Mr Antulay is saying is that he wants to know how Hemant Karkare went on the route that he did that night. Antulay probably meant there should be an inquiry to ascertain who sent Karkare to Cama hospital where he was killed." Samajwadi Party General Secretary Amar Singh has added, "Antulay is a friend of mine and I will not criticise him or ask for his resignation."
It's this support which has given renewed confidence to a man who had become part of political history and an unrepentant Antulay says he has not embarrassed his party or the Government, but that he has spoken out for several Indians instead. Antulay had earlier said, "My party is not embarrassed of me. My party is proud of me, of the fact that there are people in the party who speak out the truth."
It is now Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi who are in a fix. While Antulay has offered to resign in a letter to the Prime Minister, the duo are worried that there could be political fallout if the minister is sent packing. Antulay has some support within his party – especially from his own community. This, coupled with the fact that there is apprehension within the Congress that some of the stringent clauses of the new law could upset Muslims, means that accepting his resignation could result in trouble for the Congress.
However, the other side to be considered is the fact that Antulay has helped Pakistan's case and at a time when India has taken a tough diplomatic stand against its neighbour, silencing A R Antulay makes sense – at least before the international community. With increasing criticism from the BJP and the fact that Pakistan is using the entire issue for its own advantage, it is obvious that Antulay is proving to be a big embarrassment for the UPA.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News | Nagaland News - morungexpress.com - UPA proud of my remark on Karkare, says Antulay

Antule is trying to woo the minority right-wingers.

Now that's a conspiracy :rofl:

The head of investigation about to uncover a series of plots that tie Hindu fundamentalists to bombs exploding in India that were blamed on Pakistan.

Not only does he get shot in the back , but all his subordinates who were investigating the same false flag plots get shot too.. in the back!

Nope, nothing to see here, move on..nothing to see :cheesy:

Course India won't let him freely say what he wants to say. He'd be lynched. So much for being free to say what you really think! He's already being hounded.

Back
Top Bottom