What's new

Antony defers decision on critical but controversial missile deals with Israel

im not the part of govt.why should i justify anything.i'm only saying the inevitable.u think the CAG is going to sign just like that if its not by a competitive bidding??he questioned the airforce for changing the specifications in agusta westland case.we all know its position now.we sure dont want other deals becoming like that dont we?

I am not accusing you of trying to justify Govt action ...I am sorry if I gave you that impression .

I am just trying to say that just because CAG has questioned the Defense deals doesn't mean Defense minister of India puts country's defense preparedness at stake ....

Just because CAG has questioned Augusta westland ( which by the way is totally different scenario ) doesn't mean Defense minister of India should be over cautious and play safe !!!

all along Antony have tried to play saint but in the process MOD and Armed Forces have played huge price ....

and despite this over cautious attitude August Westland scam happened right under the nose of this very Defense minister !!!

I am not accusing you of trying to justify Govt action ...I am sorry if I gave you that impression .

I am just trying to say that just because CAG has questioned the Defense deals doesn't mean Defense minister of India puts country's defense preparedness at stake ....

Just because CAG has questioned Augusta westland ( which by the way is totally different scenario ) doesn't mean Defense minister of India should be over cautious and play safe !!!

all along Antony have tried to play saint but in the process MOD and Armed Forces have played huge price ....

and despite this over cautious attitude August Westland scam happened right under the nose of this very Defense minister !!!

all are involved in this bullshit

do u think antony dosen't know who are the middle agents,what deals are bad...............where kickbacks are recieved??

everyone knows these things but the rot is so deep that no one can do anything except for maybe prime minister

even half the judiciary is overtly corrupt,,,,we can't do shit

all are involved in this bullshit

do u think antony dosen't know who are the middle agents,what deals are bad...............where kickbacks are recieved??

everyone knows these things but the rot is so deep that no one can do anything except for maybe prime minister

even half the judiciary is overtly corrupt,,,,we can't do shit

I am worried for you ....promise , you won't commit suicide !!!

my reply was precisely to the point of competitive bidding.not indecisiveness.previously CAG and supreme court has questioned the govt in number of occasions especially on favoritism i.e single vendor selection contrary to the competitive bidding.in such cases the cases run in courts for years.in austa case the allegations are that airforce has altered the specifications in order to suit a specific vendor ofcourse investigations proved a conspiracy behind the deal.but even though there is no conspiracy the CAG can very much question the deal and launches an enquiry which takes away a good deal of time.

my reply was precisely to the point of competitive bidding.not indecisiveness.previously CAG and supreme court has questioned the govt in number of occasions especially on favoritism i.e single vendor selection contrary to the competitive bidding.in such cases the cases run in courts for years.in austa case the allegations are that airforce has altered the specifications in order to suit a specific vendor ofcourse investigations proved a conspiracy behind the deal.but even though there is no conspiracy the CAG can very much question the deal and launches an enquiry which takes away a good deal of time.
as i already said if any change has to made,,,write down reasons for it there and then .

this way they cannot blame u later if reasons are good enough

the problem is these changes are done secretely and with malicious intent so they are never recorded

there are ways to do anything
during making policy changes give in writing at that time only the reasons for doing so,,,keep public in confidence

the problem is when its done in secrecy or no record is kept for reasons behind policy change
exactly ..if there are enough reasons to select a specific vendor and they are justified its fine.but when u have multiple vendors ready to sell u products with varying capabilities to do a same job then govt must opt for competitive bidding to get the best product at best price and technology just like in the above case of ATGM.if not CAG has the every authority to question it and it becomes just like a never ending deal and ends up in court.

exactly ..if there are enough reasons to select a specific vendor and they are justified its fine.but when u have multiple vendors ready to sell u products with varying capabilities to do a same job then govt must opt for competitive bidding to get the best product just like the above case of ATGM.if not CAG has the every authority to question it and it becomes just like a never ending deal and ends up in court.

there is way for everything man

but nothing will happen so long as ppl like vk singh don't take charge

Changing specifications to suit and select Single vendor is not same as having single vendor ...

My question is why Antony has to be so defensive if he is clean ....
Antony as defense minster of India has to take decision keeping interests of country in mind and not what CAG /CVC/Supreme Court will ask ?

Off course defense minister is answerable to all these constituitional bodies ....to abide by law is different from being scared of law !

If there is no malice then why do you think CAG/Supreme court will raise finger ?

In Augusta westland case there was gross misconduct ...and blatant corruption . so if somebody has questioned Govt then what's wrong ?

Does that mean that Govt will stall decision making every now and then ???

that's what I meant by saying " Doodh ke Jale huy Chaanch bhi phhok phoonk ki pite hain " ....

It is as ridiculous as first thing ....atleast that's what I feel so ....

there is way for everything man

but nothing will happen so long as ppl like vk singh don't take charge

we have a lot of red tapism and when corruption is involved even in some cases then even the honest bureaucrats will fear to take a decision because tomorrow somebody might question him for the decisions he has taken in the past p.c parakh is a good example he is fortunate as PMO supported his actions otherwise he would have landed in jail atleast on the pretext of interrogation..proper systems must be kept in place to deal with things like these.people in DAC are also fearing the same consequences especially after augasta case things have become slow in defence acquisitions..but we need political will and a strong govt to refine these things.hope atleast next govt does that.foreign acquisitions are always a matter of concern for india .

Changing specifications to suit and select Single vendor is not same as having single vendor ...

Antony as defense minster of India has to take decision keeping interests of country in mind and not what CAG /CVC/Supreme Court will ask ?

Off course defense minister is answerable to all these constituitional bodies ....to abide by law is different from being scared of law !

If there is no malice then why do you think CAG/Supreme court will raise finger ?

In Augusta westland case there was gross misconduct ...and blatant corruption . so if somebody has questioned Govt then what's wrong ?

that's what I meant by saying " Doodh ke Jale huy Chaanch bhi phhok phoonk ki pite hain " ....

pls read my reply 
we have a lot of red tapism and when corruption is involved even in some cases then even the honest bureaucrats will fear to take a decision because tomorrow somebody might question him for the decisions he has taken in the past p.c parakh is a good example he is fortunate as PMO supported his actions otherwise he would have landed in jail atleast on the pretext of interrogation..proper systems must be kept in place to deal with things like these.people in DAC are also fearing the same consequences especially after augasta case things have become slow in defence acquisitions..but we need political will and a strong govt to refine these things.hope atleast next govt does that.foreign acquisitions are always a matter of concern for india .

totally agree

someone like vk singh should be defence minister
then we will see

again ..as i said my reply was not on his indecisiveness but on ur reply that single vendors must be preferred.while he has the responsibility to take the decision it must be a competetive bidding for the weapons like ATGMS as multiple vendors are interested to sell us products.if not the cag may further delay the deal.

again ..as i said my reply was not on his indecisiveness but on ur reply that single vendors must be preferred.while he has the responsibility to take the decision it must be a competetive bidding for the weapons like ATGMS as multiple vendors are interested to sell us products.if not the cag may further delay the deal.

who has tied minister's hand from taking necessary steps ....but his tendency to stall decision is what is exasperating most !
If there are multiple vendors and competitive bidding is way out ....why minister can't use all powers endowed by constitution to kick start the process ...but given his track record ....He has been Bureaucrat above bureaucrat !!!

He has slowed down whole government machinery through his fearful indecisiveness ...

all I am saying some other sensible minister in his place could have done better job of pushing defense acquisitions without inviting CAG wrath !

Thank him for what? Protecting his own political legacy/image??

This joker is having a detrimental affect on India's national security, he shouldn't be thanked for this.

It just shows his lack of character- a spineless, self-serving, coward is all he is.

Funny, cause you always defend people like Manmohan Singh.

Funny, cause you always defend people like Manmohan Singh.
I don't think the case of MMS and Antony are the same. MMS's hands are tied in many cases whereas in his position Antony actually has the power and ability to do more but simply choses not to. MMS does what he can.

Back
Top Bottom