What's new

Anti Ship Ballistic Missile

I know about DF21D and I like it. It is a ballistic missile blended with navigation of cruise missile for precision striking its target. It seems natural to me that Pakistan having mastered ballistic and cruise missile technologies can get some inspiration from DF21D. As Pakistan improvised with NASR missile system that combines the speed and accuracy of a short range BM with MRL agility to defeat the cold start doctrine by rapidly responding to any enemy (indian) army move.

I'm giving you 8/10, the loitering thing is a real capability called "Fractional Orbital Bombardment":

OGCh (8F021, 'FOBS')

8K69-FOBS-MiroslavGyurosi-3RS.jpg

OGCh (Orbital'noy Golovnoy Chasti) was an attempt to create an orbital warhead to circumvent the US ballistic missile early warning radars. It consisted of a conical reentry vehicle and an maneuvering stage. The manuevering unit, which oriented the spacecraft in orbit and autonomously determined when to make the braking manoeuvre to bring the re-entry vehicle down from orbit. It included an inertial navigation system and a radar altimeter which measured the altitude of the orbit and determined when to make the braking manoeuvre. The retro-rocket engine was a single chamber engine, the Yangel RD-854, with a vacuum thrust of 7.7 tons. Four nozzles on the sides of the main engine (using exhaust gases from the main engine) provided steering capability. Four additional tangentially located nozzles provided yaw capability. Each nozzle was throttleable. A solid fuel cartridge then spun up the turbine assembly of the liquid propellant (N2O4/UDMH) braking engine.

Although an orbital flight reduced the payload mass and reduced accuracy in comparison to ballistic ICBMs, it was considered an advantage to have nuclear weapons, which could attack every target from every direction. Originally to be launched by the GR-1 missile, it was redesigned for the R-36-O missile. After several suborbital tests, the USSR flew a number in fractional orbits - i.e. orbital velocity was reached, but the vehicle was deorbited before completing an orbit. The warheads impacted at the Kapustin Yar missile range.

The system was in service at 18 silos at Baikonur from 25 August 1969 to January 1983. Under SALT-2 the system was deactivated. The OGCh missile had a 7.5 year guaranteed fuelled storage life and a five minute reaction time.

ogch__1.jpg

So right now have any countries deployed systems like these?

No, the Soviets and Americans did, but they were designed for use prior to the deployment of satellite based launch detection systems:

150514-F-ZZ999-112.jpg

FOBS was designed to take advantage of gaps in ground-based missile defense coverage radars like Cobra:

parcsphoto.jpg

The development of orbital launch detection systems rendered the FOBS system obsolete as it could no long hide in coverage dead-zones. Today launch surveillance satellites have global coverage.

Thanks, this is what was confusing me. Because I do remember NORAD having a dept dedicated to tracking satellites and all kind of launches.

A close friend of mine told me that he heard from some reliable source that Pakistan is developing a Anti Ship Ballistic Missile just like DF 21 D. So has any member here any knowledge of it ?
@Horus @Slav Defence @kaonalpha @Icarus @balixd

BAKWAAS You and your so called sources again.....

1. Why Pakistan needs Anti Ship Ballistic Missile like DF 21D. Against US carrier, or IN Carrier or Chinese Carrier.

2, Directly buying DF 21D and then renaming would be much simpler, cheaper option other than devoting huge funds and Human resource in R&D and development.

3. Does Pakistan have the ability to develop such high tech. system, hypersonic, which Chinese haven't master.

4. Without first developing and deploying the constellations of navigation satellite and the ground radars systems to target the moving target you are going for developing the Sole missile.

5. The most important question does your Source have any name and can he Blush

1. Why Pakistan needs Anti Ship Ballistic Missile like DF 21D. Against US carrier, or IN Carrier or Chinese Carrier.

2, Directly buying DF 21D and then renaming would be much simpler, cheaper option other than devoting huge funds and Human resource in R&D and development.

3. Does Pakistan have the ability to develop such high tech. system, hypersonic, which Chinese haven't master.

4. Without first developing and deploying the constellations of navigation satellite and the ground radars systems to target the moving target you are going for developing the Sole missile.

Pak is coming under umbrella of Chinese Beidou Satellite for surveillance and ground based stations shall be their in near future. Further need for long range anti ship ballistic missile is their considering Pak case due to limited naval assets to attack any bigger enemy and heavy naval platforms.

I would love to see your reaction if this turns out to be true, ambulance would be taking you hospital lol.

Thanks

I wait for the day when DF-21D is tested against a moving target.

Only Pakistanis and Chinese have low enough IQ to believe that a missile which has never ever been tested against a moving target would take out an Aircraft carrier on debut.

I know about DF21D and I like it. It is a ballistic missile blended with navigation of cruise missile for precision striking its target. It seems natural to me that Pakistan having mastered ballistic and cruise missile technologies can get some inspiration from DF21D. As Pakistan improvised with NASR missile system that combines the speed and accuracy of a short range BM with MRL agility to defeat the cold start doctrine by rapidly responding to any enemy (indian) army move.

A small rule of Physics kid: "Maneuverability is inversely proportional to speed".

When you increase speed, need for precision and in control surfaces increase exponentially, and margin of error need to reduce as a small deviation at higher speed would take away your projectile off course by miles. This is the reason that speed of cruise missiles has stagnated around mach 3.

I wait for the day when DF-21D is tested against a moving target.

Only Pakistanis and Chinese have low enough IQ to believe that a missile which has never ever been tested against a moving target would take out an Aircraft carrier on debut.

It's heartening to see, indians go nuts, just at the "thought" of a new missile.

For Pakistanis: There are couple of missile systems, which have been inducted, some under evaluation, and some in the R& D phase. All of which is under wraps!

Just as an example, NASR does not have a range of 60~70kms, but more. Secondly, it's trajectory isn't parabolic either ;). Enough said!

Have a nice day:cheers:

It's heartening to see, indians go nuts, just at the "thought" of a new missile.

For Pakistanis: There are couple of missile systems, which have been inducted, some under evaluation, and some in the R& D phase. All of which is under wraps!

Just as an example, NASR does not have a range of 60~70kms, but more. Secondly, it's trajectory isn't parabolic either ;). Enough said!

Have a nice day:cheers:
Please let it veiled.

Pak is coming under umbrella of Chinese Beidou Satellite for surveillance and ground based stations shall be their in near future. Further need for long range anti ship ballistic missile is their considering Pak case due to limited naval assets to attack any bigger enemy and heavy naval platforms.
In any conflict, Bharati carriers will be Pakistan's prime target. Even if crippled it will send very bad and very loud message to Bharati high command. That Pakistan is preparing to hit IN's carriers is a no brainer.

India plans to have two carrier in future they are primary target for these missiles

In any co flict, Bharati carriers will be Pakistan's prime target. Even if crippled it will send very bad and very loud message to Bharati high command.

Sir, I mentioned this on another thread as well. Pakistan has staunch solid allies who will contribute "hardware, intel, and unrelenting diplomatic support." Plus a lot of other stuff. This time around it won't be people who can sanction us.

Keyboard warriors, keep on ranting about x, y, z, when in reality they are clueless about our real capabilities.

Can someone tell me why my post is deleted. OP does not provide any source or link of this news. So by default this thread is based on Imaginations. If someone has links in Armed forces than it does not mean that you have any right to disclose secret projects.
Off the shelf solutions in form of chinese AShMs are available to Pakistan so the question arise about the feasibility of this project. This is huge undertaking by any means, whether you talk about resources needed for R&D or technological challenges associated with this project.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom