What's new

'Anti-Sharia' law is back

Sharia law here doesn't trump secular laws of the land. They are simply a means of arbitration. If arbitration is allowed under secular laws, then the parties could use whatever logic they can think of the arbitrate. This can include Sharia in my opinion. This arbitrage will have to happen within the bounds defined by secular law.

it doesn't work , if some women want stone death for some Islamic crime .. we should allow it ?? it is also arbitration ? so what ?

well where Sharia law here doesn't trump secular laws of the land , it's okay follow it ....no one will ask you .

For that you don't even need Sharia. There is a concept called prenuptial agreement. One can have that before marriage. This solves the problem. :enjoy:

If the parties involved are OK with it, what will you say if a person says he is ready to take blood money, and the culprit is ready to pay it. Should we let go that murderer free ?

Here comes the problem.

All contracts have to be within the bounds as defined by secular law. Any contract drawn which goes against the laws of the land cannot be enforced and you will be prosecuted.

Sorry but the USA is a secular state. The Muslims living in the USA are entitled just as any other American citizen is, to challenge the constitutional validity of any law which infringes on their right to practice their religion freely if such practice is not unconstitutional. The USA has one of the best constitutions in the world. It guarantees civic liberties. Something which neither Pakistan nor Iran does. Given a chance, I would rather bat for the constitution of the USA

"In God we Trust" is rejection of secularism, anyway i haven't said that Pakistan or Iran's constitution is better than US.

Good point. What if the pre-nup agrees to distribution according to Sharia? Now the problem arises. According to this Bill, the pre-nup can be disregarded by a court in a divorce or other family court matter ?
Not a problem. You can have distribuion by any way you deem fit. Don't give it name of Sharia and mention it, You can distribute it will Russian Roulette. curt doesn't care if the parties agree and everything is signed on official papers.

But if someone who signs this contract, on a legal piece of paper, and then go against it, you will have to face the court who will ask why did you sign a Legal Document and agree with it at first place.

So don't mention Sharia, don't include Sharia at first place.

Court rules on its laws and contracts signed and admitted on legal basis. In India, a daughter can sign a legal paper to allow that 1/2 or the legal portion of her in the inheritance of her father/mother can go to her brother.

Otherwise if she doesn't sign it, then either brother can have all the property when she never asks for her part, or both can have share on basis of their wishes and if their is a dispute and then she can go to court and Court will give her the legal portion of her inheritance.

None......

that's it , i was expecting ! you don't understand it and you don't qualify to comment on it . you are member of community which allow anti-secular laws.....which violets Human Rights.

it doesn't work , if some women want stone death for some Islamic crime .. we should allow it ?? it is also arbitration ? so what ?

Is that considered arbitration within the bounds of secular law?

Can you draw up an employment contract which says that the employer can kill you if you don't do your work? No. Same holds true for that case too.

Islam supersedes man made laws. Secularism simply means superiority of man made laws over religious laws. This makes sense in cases where religion is indeed failed to provide justice and have been tempered with like christianity. But islam is different and encomposes all aspects of life and nation-state. That is what we muslims believe.

But now even if we argue on the basis of secularism i.e no religion in state affairs. How the hell does is make sense by the state on infringing upon family affair of a religous group. It goes against the concept of US secularism and violates freedom of religion barring the baseless logic of islamophobia as your post clearly demosstrates with words like "can stay in their native shitholes" Its not about secularism or law but hatred against muslim & islam. Orthodox jews are also feeling the pinch.

What ever you say you can implement them in your own lands and leave the other countries to their own fate, today you find Muslims are not happy in any of the Islamic republics are Islamic Caliphates, they are happy in foreign lands which run according to the man made laws.

First worry about your selves Jews are more capable of solving their problems even though you find them very small in number.

GOD will take care of his own Laws.

Is that considered arbitration within the bounds of secular law?

Can you draw up an employment contract which says that the employer can kill you if you don't do your work? No. Same holds true for that case too.

well if you follow it within bounds of secular law , no one will ask you . but if some related guy claim in the court then it's the end......

well if you follow it within bounds of secular law , no one will ask you . but if some related guy claim in the court then it's the end......

Yep. That is correct.

First of All US is not secular state - immigrants should have thought about it before going there, Second not all so-called Sharia Law are as per Quran.

I think its for you to brush up your knowledge of secularism.

"In God we Trust" is rejection of secularism, anyway i haven't said that Pakistan or Iran's constitution is better than US.

Care to explain how its a rejection of secularism.It has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise.In reality That phrase is essentially non-religious or religiously meaningless in all sense.

that's it , i was expecting ! you don't understand it and you don't qualify to comment on it . you are member of community which allow anti-secular laws.....which violets Human Rights.
LOL!!! Ok Dr. Secularism, tell me what secularism is? Do you know my view on Sharia Law? if yes tell me what you know & how you know? if not than you are not entitled to pass judgement on me based on your own assumptions.

How? whats ur definition of secularism?
State can't assert religious beliefs in secularism. In God we trust is religious, what about people who don't believe in God or the ones who believe in gods? What about 10 commandments?

State can't assert religious beliefs in secularism. In God we trust is religious, what about people who don't believe in God or the ones who believe in gods? What about 10 commandments?

Did the state put the name of the God there,Like Yahweh,Jesus or Allah.People who believe in the god don't have to give a $hit about that phrase.Its just a catch phrase.If they don't like it they can sue the state.And the display of 10 commandments public property case,there are many lawsuits on this issue going on in US Courts,That it self is a sign of a Secular Govt.

Back
Top Bottom