India
Dog mauls three-year-old girl in Bengaluru
DECCAN CHRONICLE
Published Jan 5, 2016, 3:57 am IST
Updated Jan 10, 2016, 5:46 pm IST

Stray%20dogs_1.JPG

Representational image

Bengaluru:
A three-year-old girl was mauled by a stray dog while she was playing near her grandmother’s house in Medahalli in KR Puram on Monday. The victim, S. Poorvi, daughter of Satish and Hema, has been bitten on eyelids, nose, lips and cheeks. Some passersby and relatives rushed her to a private nursing home after chasing away the dog, which was allegedly rabid. Hema, a housewife, said, “The dog attacked our daughter around 12.30 pm. She is in the ICU. I am worried as her face has been mauled badly.”

Poorvi’s father Satish, a lab assistant, said that the area is infested with stray dogs.

The doctors attending on the girl said that a small surgery was performed as her left lower eyelid was torn. “Her nose, upper lips and cheeks have been damaged and plastic surgery will be done. She needs four months to recover. She is out of danger,” they said.

Dr Maheshwar Gowda, Joint Director, Animal Husbandry Department (BBMP), said that a team has been deputed to catch the dog and to keep it under observation.

---

source - Dog mauls three-year-old girl in Bengaluru

---

jamahir's comment - wanted to post this article sooner... bangalore is the "dog capital of the world" and i have posted so many posts about dogs attacking or killing people in bangalore and other parts of india... however, some insane members laughed at my posts.

three such members, @Robinhood Pandey , @T-72M1 and @Parul need to be delivered to the family of this attacked girl and the three should be told to laugh at the attacked girl as they did at my posts... another member, @Technogaianist , should show this girl and her family "cute" posters of dogs... however, i won't guarantee the safety of these four pdf members. :)

to mention the "animal husbandry department" of the bangalore municipal authority, their point in keeping the dog under observation is really their reluctance to kill the dog despite it having attacked the girl so brutally.

as again i say, the only proper solution about the dog menace in india is put a few thousand dogs on a island where dog-lovers can visit... the remaining of the 35+ million dogs in india must be eradicated.

Well i have a different view to this whole topic..

Fact is that
  1. Canine population has increased a lot over last decade.
  2. A 2001 law forbade the killing of dogs
  3. Dog bites and aggressive attacks are reported almost daily
BUT THERE IS A BIGGER ISSUE - Why the canine population is exploding
  • One of the main reasons for the increase in stray dog numbers is the careless waste disposal methods. For this he public and the civic bodies are partly responsible for the issue.
    13trmkm04-dog-m_14_2509930f.jpg
  • Packs of stray dogs naturally get attracted to the garbage dumped in front of restaurants
  • They are also found by the roadsides where meat waste is dumped in sacks by poultry traders and meat shops.
  • “Stopping the habit of throwing away the garbage bags on the streets is the first step to be taken to check the street dog menace."
  • Street dogs are found where there are chances for them to get food. Responsible waste management is the only solution to this issue.
  • Street dogs cannot be found on roads in developed countries where the streets are clean
  • Culling of street dogs is not a scientific way to check the dog population, when we litter the streets with waste,”
  • “If you kill a couple of dogs in a street, dogs from neighboring areas will replace them.
Sterilization of dogs and the responsible waste management are the only solution for the issue

(Source:Street dog menace grows, fed by garbage - The Hindu)

My views

• Civic body should improve its garbage collecting systems
  • Its our responsibility also not to dump garbage outside and in a manner where above picture becomes a normal sight
  • Effective census to understand the canine population and increase/decrease trend
  • Train dog catchers to handle dogs with care but also to return them from original area of picking by proper tagging bcz Dogs are territorial animals.
  • Research says new territory release gets dogs to panic and also attacked by other animals and they resort to aggressive behavior for self protection.
  • Dog catchers can put dogs in facilities where these dogs can rest for 2-3 days post sterilization
  • A ban on citizens feeding dogs because they become dependent on such easy foods.
  • Anti Rabies vaccination is must.

Man that's brutal but you can't blame dogs or any animal.They attack only to protect themselves...

What about irresponsible dog owners who walks their large dogs without anything to tie them? This is dangerous to the public. Dog owner's view - Dogs are equal to or above Humans, so no shackle/rope on them.

rip

but unfortunately animals do sometimes attack humans, so let's get rid of all the snakes and tigers and lions and sharks and elephants in the world too because they attack humans occasionally ?

jihadis attack people all the time, and they're much worse, they do it with guns and bombs, shall we get rid of all the ... ? we can begin with your sorry commie asz. :cheesy:

More Humans are killed by other humans on daily basis.

shal we eradicate the whole humanity from the face of this palnet ?

You Mr. Jamahir and your retarded logic and religious bias is ought to be laughed upon.

On Topic - May the poor kid recover soon. Amen !!

rip

but unfortunately animals do sometimes attack humans, so let's get rid of all the snakes and tigers and lions and sharks and elephants in the world too because they attack humans occasionally ?

jihadis attack people all the time, and they're much worse, they do it with guns and bombs, shall we get rid of all the ... ? we can begin with your sorry commie asz. :cheesy:
She is not dead.

@jamahir , Mate You sound like some of the members we have here, one extreme or another . you realize that taking the middle ground is the only option . the sane and civilized one.
Yes this is a sad incident , and we do have a problem with strays in our country , but if we are to eradicate a whole species just because some of them are bad then we would not have much of any species left on this earth of ours:)
Hell for all you know some people might decide we are the bad ones ...Then what:D

She is not dead.
oh, well that's great then.

jamahir has an irrational fear and psychotic hate for the dogs, fear is ok, lots of people have strange phobias, therapy is generally the way to deal with it but this hatred is just psychotic

what the hell kind of person hates dogs
o-CUTE-DOG-570.jpg

and wants to see them killed ? :tsk:

and I don't buy it for one second when he says he likes cats, the only reason he says that is because muhammad, gaddafi and lenin apparently had cats :rofl:

I wouldn't let a madman like him anywhere near my cats.

Is this true ? Does this poster @jamahir see this issue thru the eyes of his religion ? Is that why he's opposed to dogs? His comment doesn't seem to suggest so.
yes he does, doc ? :what:

he wont admit it but dogs being "haram" is a major factor in his hate, he's an islamist, one that disagrees with the wahhabis of the world but is just as much of an islamist himself in his unique communist kim jong and gaddafi worshiping way. :agree:

German Shepherd K-9 Puppy Arrives in France, From Russia, With Love

You may like to go through posts in the above thread. :coffee:
oh, well that's great then.

jamahir has an irrational fear and psychotic hate for the dogs, fear is ok, lots of people have strange phobias, therapy is generally the way to deal with it but this hatred is just psychotic

what the hell kind of person hates dogs
o-CUTE-DOG-570.jpg

and wants to see them killed ? :tsk:

and I don't buy it for one second when he says he likes cats, the only reason he says that is because muhammad, gaddafi and lenin apparently had cats :rofl:

yes he does, doc ? :what:

he wont admit it but dogs being "haram" is a major factor in his hate, he's an islamist, one that disagrees with the wahhabis of the world but is just as much of an islamist himself in his unique communist kim jong and gaddafi worshiping way. :agree:
Is this true ? Does this poster @jamahir see this issue thru the eyes of his religion ? Is that why he's opposed to dogs? His comment doesn't seem to suggest so.

His hate for dogs and love for cats, both are religiously motivated.

Check this post for example.

the comfortable muslims of yesteryears and the pious muslims of now | Page 2

This guy is extremist to the core.

Last edited:
:coffee:...And? Humans attack other humans with a frequency even greater and that doesn't stop me from loving my family or friends. One dog attacking a human isn't going to make me hate dogs.

Bothering me with your delusions will make me hate you though.

Screenshot_116.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@jamahir , Mate You sound like some of the members we have here, one extreme or another . you realize that taking the middle ground is the only option . the sane and civilized one.
Yes this is a sad incident , and we do have a problem with strays in our country , but if we are to eradicate a whole species just because some of them are bad then we would not have much of any species left on this earth of ours:)
Hell for all you know some people might decide we are the bad ones ...Then what:D
Well said.

@jamahir You really hate the dogs don't you mate??
What harm do you think he's gonna do to your cats if you let him near them.:rofl:
OT-Thank god the girl is safe and out of danger.
We need a nation wide program to keep the population of stray dog minimal and under control. As @PARIKRAMA has suggested Sterilization is a very viable option to control the population of stray dogs in the country.

Back
Top Bottom