What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
Last time it was Advani, Jaitley Sudhendra Kulkarni, Sohail Hindustani and IBN-LIVE cumbo which was trying to sell BJP MPs as prostitutes. By the way who will check the bribe issues in Lokpal (When there is division while taking decision)?

Nope..It was another successful hawala by Congress..Gotta hand it to the..They do know how to use money to save their @$$.

Parliament is supreme and Speaker is entrusted to take action against such circus.

Parliament is supreme because we the people, select them. And how many times have we seen Speaker actually taking action.

You should not believe 543 elected PMs, but 10/12 people.

yes..and how many of them have done their job properly ..?
BTW Lokpal isn't just 10-12 people..It is supposed to have many investigative agencies and Lokayauktas of various state reporting to it..

one bill/law can not eliminate corruption ...
it you and me who did and encurage it ...

ok. so that means we shouldn't have any strong anti corruption bill, cause a bill can't eliminate corruption completely.

also we shouldn't have any laws which prevents person from breaking traffic rules, doing murder, raping girls etc. etc. etc. cause they are not eliminating thse evils!!

STUPID PEOPLE..

It is more of the government undermining democracy than Anna destabilizing Indian economy. IMO, Democracy is much more important than economic growth rate

I think Corruption should be made legal.

i think the only deadlock over lokpal bill is the inclusion of PMO and court under lokpal..
rest i think both side agree..

i am against bring PMO and court iunder lokpal....

and that means you actually know "nothing" about sarkari jokepal bill as well as jan lokpal bill.

aadhi knowledge bht khatarnak hoti h..

Now my argument is that if the Judiciary is not going to be investigated by Lokpal then an Individual body another entity will do this. We will have persons with legal knowledge there too as they do better i hope u agree on this. In what way will Lokpal hinder judiciary and this new body will not?? Let us take the case of an ongoing trial where people see that the Judge is not behaving impartially do u mean to say that still the Judiciary shouldn't be stopped from its course of action? I am not a legal person i don't know if the legal proceedings will be stopped and the Judge will be changed midway but if this is allowable then it should be stopped isn't it. If it can't be then proceedings should be brought against the Judge atleast after the case is completed the one in which he is supposed to have behave improperly of his chair.

What is the proposed seperate entity for Judiciary and how is it different from Lokpal??

The reason any proposed entity under the Judicial Accountability Act will be different from the Lokpal is that the Lokpal is also fighting cases (against anyone the Lokayukta chooses to prosecute) in front of the same judges while the other enity is not, since it only deals with judicial misbehaviour. There is a conflict if a judge is to decide whether the Lokpal's case (against any civil servant, politician) is valid while also being in the ambit of the very same Lokpal. The argument given is that a Judge may feel under pressure if one of the parties he is hearing in a case (Lokpal) is also the investigating authority over him. That can be removed by vesting the same powers in a separate institution which has no conflict of interest.

I think Corruption should be made legal.

Better we start with killing people legal than one by one we will come to most dangerous one, corruption. :P

BTW this movement against corruption is good, politicians are more scared now.

The reason any proposed entity under the Judicial Accountability Act will be different from the Lokpal is that the Lokpal is also fighting cases (against anyone the Lokayukta chooses to prosecute) in front of the same judges while the other enity is not, since it only deals with judicial misbehaviour. There is a conflict if a judge is to decide whether the Lokpal's case (against any civil servant, politician) is valid while also being in the ambit of the very same Lokpal. The argument given is that a Judge may feel under pressure if one of the parties he is hearing in a case (Lokpal) is also the investigating authority over him. That can be removed by vesting the same powers in a separate institution which has no conflict of interest.

Ok now i get your point, so u basically mean to say that Lokpal is becoming a second judiciary and so has conflict with the Judiciary on the whole, is that it ?? If so this separate institution itself will also after investigating the alleged misbehavior has to bring charges against the corrupt Judicial person in a court of law only. What is the guarantee that an impartial judgement will be given??

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Better we start with killing people legal than one by one we will come to most dangerous one, corruption. :P

BTW this movement against corruption is good, politicians are more scared now.

Kinetic really u think they are scared?? These SOB are not afraid of god himself think.

Nope..It was another successful hawala by Congress..Gotta hand it to the..They do know how to use money to save their @$$.

Hahaha....incidentally Advani was there too in Hawala....Sudhendra Kulkarni has confessed on TV that BJP tried to do the sting...So I am right what I have commented. Even BJP is now owning the operation as a sting.

Parliament is supreme because we the people, select them. And how many times have we seen Speaker actually taking action.
Yes, you are right. We the people have elected this parliament. So till we the people dismisses the parliament they will take decisions for us. If you think your "We the People" is more powerful than Our then try pull down it. Do police ka lathi padega to Indian middle class will rush to home. Wait till your "we the people" form the govt. Till then parliament will function as my "We the people".

By the way what is the conviction rate of Indian Judiciary? If one apply your rule of effective function SC will shut its shop.

yes..and how many of them have done their job properly ..?
BTW Lokpal isn't just 10-12 people..It is supposed to have many investigative agencies and Lokayauktas of various state reporting to it..

They have done their job properly so that you are here writing freely. Between parliament is not 543 people it is the whole machinery that operate under the direction of these 543.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

and that means you actually know "nothing" about sarkari jokepal bill as well as jan lokpal bill.

aadhi knowledge bht khatarnak hoti h..

Hna bahut knowledge hey tumhari...bato thoda kya kay janti ho tum? If you BJP stooges think internet is your property then come out of the dream.

That is amazing

Ishu Sharma, who runs a small computer institute in Delhi, suffers from muscular dystrophy and is wheelchair-bound. Her colleague Neeru Gautam, suffering from a spinal disability, is wheelchair bound too. But these 2 women have made their presence felt, outside Tihar to support Anna.

I don't think it will damage the growth of ou economy...Maybe for short it will hurt investors confidence on India's boom but for long term it will be beneficial for our Economy...atlast less corruption means more investment......and to be frank i think evry growing economy goes through this face..when people starts fighting with corruption
Despite recent corporate scandals, the United States is among the world’s least corrupt nations. But in the nineteenth century, the degree of fraudand corruption in America approached that of today’s most corrupt developing nations, as municipal governments and robber barons alike found new ways to steal from taxpayers and swindle investors. In Corruption and Reform, contributors explore this shadowy period of United States history in search of better methods to fight corruption worldwide today.
Contributors to this volume address the measurement and consequences of fraud and corruption and the forces that ultimately led to their decline within the United States. They show that various approaches to reducing corruption have met with success, such as deregulation, particularly “free banking,” in the 1830s. In the 1930s, corruption was kept in check when new federal bureaucracies replaced local administrations in doling out relief. Another deterrent to corruption was the independent press, which kept a watchful eye over government and business. These and other facetsof American history analyzed in this volume make it indispensable as background for anyone interested in corruption today.

The Progressive Era, 1896-1916

See these salient points of what Hazare wants . I leave it to you how the Economy shall be damaged by its implememtation .The changes sought are 1a, 2a, 3a etc:

Existing System System Vs Proposed by civil society

1 No politician or senior officer ever goes to jail despite huge evidence because Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) and CBI directly come under the government. Before starting investigation or initiating prosecution in any case, they have to take permission from the same bosses, against whom the case has to be investigated.

1a Lokpal at centre and Lokayukta at state level will be independent bodies. ACB and CBI will be merged into these bodies. They will have power to initiate investigations and prosecution against any officer or politician without needing anyoneⳠpermission. Investigation should be completed within 1 year and trial to get over in next 1 year. Within two years, the corrupt should go to jail.

2 No corrupt officer is dismissed from the job because Central Vigilance Commission, which is supposed to dismiss corrupt officers, is only an advisory body. Whenever it advises government to dismiss any senior corrupt officer, its advice is never implemented.

2a Lokpal and Lokayukta will have complete powers to order dismissal of a corrupt officer. CVC and all departmental vigilance will be merged into Lokpal and state vigilance will be merged into Lokayukta.

3 No action is taken against corrupt judges because permission is required from the Chief Justice of India to even register an FIR against corrupt judges.

3aLokpal & Lokayukta shall have powers to investigate and prosecute any judge without needing any permission.

4 Nowhere to go - People expose corruption but no action is taken on their complaints.

4a Lokpal & Lokayukta will have to enquire into and hear every complaint.

5.There is so much corruption within CBI and vigilance departments. Their functioning is so secret that it encourages corruption within these agencies.

5a All investigations in Lokpal & Lokayukta shall be transparent. After completion of investigation, all case records shall be open to public. Complaint against any staff of Lokpal & Lokayukta shall be enquired and punishment announced within two months.

6.Weak and corrupt people are appointed as heads of anti-corruption agencies.

6a Politicians will have absolutely no say in selections of Chairperson and members of Lokpal & Lokayukta. Selections will take place through a transparent and public participatory process.

7 . Citizens face harassment in government offices. Sometimes they are forced to pay bribes. One can only complaint to senior officers. No action is taken on complaints because senior officers also get their cut.

7a Lokpal & Lokayukta will get public grievances resolved in time bound manner, impose a penalty of Rs 250 per day of delay to be deducted from the salary of guilty officer and award that amount as compensation to the aggrieved citizen.

8.Nothing in law to recover ill gotten wealth. A corrupt person can come out of jail and enjoy that money.

8a. Loss caused to the government due to corruption will be recovered from all accused.

9.Small punishment for corruption- Punishment for corruption is minimum 6 months and maximum 7 years. Enhanced punishment .

9a. The punishment would be minimum 5 years and maximum of life imprisonment.

Back
Top Bottom