What's new

Ancient Pakistan

I agree our history was not Islamic, but it certainly wasn't "Hindu". The concept of "Hinduism" arrived in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries with the British. It's a historic fact.
i am an indian christian. but many of my ancestors were hindus going back thousands of years. i have no shame in admitting that. it does not make me any less christian because i am secure about it

i am an indian christian. but many of my ancestors were hindus going back thousands of years. i have no shame in admitting that. it does not make me any less christian because i am secure about it
How can you 'admit' your ancestors followed a 'religion' that did not and technically still does not exist?

So-called "Hinduism" is a British concept:

so its mean what we learn in school was wrong ? our history not start from the day mohmmad bin qasim attacked debal?

I don't know what school you went to but we did study about ancient civilizations that existed in present day Pakistan. Don't presume that everyone received the same deficient education that you did.

Pakistan was created in 1947. Its Indian history.
Why "Ancient Pakistan"?

Some people will argue why use the term "Ancient Pakistan" when there is nothing ancient about Pakistan since it was created in 1947 AD... also that Pakistan is a Muslim country, so it cannot claim pre-Islamic history as theirs?

Technically it is true that the current geo-political entity called Pakistan did not exist prior to 1947, however, the land and people of Pakistan have a history dating back to thousands of years. The majority of the people of Pakistan are descendent of ancient Harappans who over the centuries got mixed with migrating/invading Aryans, Persians, Greeks, Scythians, Parthians, Kushans, White Huns, Arabs, Turks, and Moguls. The resulting synthesis of evolved race and culture gave birth to the present day people of Pakistan. So yes, ancient Pakistan was Indus Valley Civilization, Gandhara, etc.

The descendants of ancient Mesopotamia are now mostly Muslims and called Iraqis, the descendent of ancient Nile Valley are now mostly Muslims and called Egyptians, the descendent s of ancient Hellenes are now mostly Christians and called Greeks... so there is nothing wrong if the descendants of ancient Indus Valley are now mostly Muslims and called Pakistanis! With the passage of time, a people may evolve due to racial/cultural fusion with newcomers along with the adoption of newer beliefs, but that does not erase their history/past. The past defines the present, so to deny Pakistan's pre-Islamic past is to deny the Pakistani identity. It is time that Pakistanis also take pride in their ancient heritage

Although both India and Pakistan were created at the same time out of British Raj, Indians desperately try to steal Pakistan's heritage, particularly the Indus Valley Civilization. This Indian hegemonic agenda is based on myths and false propaganda for religious and nationalistic imperialism. Also, there are some Pakistanis, particularly Islamists, who narrow-mindedly deny and ignore Pakistan's glorious pre-Islamic past.

Indus Valley Civilization was mostly based in the region of Pakistan. The names used for the Civilization are "Indus Valley" or "Harappan", both in Pakistan. The most largest and important cities are Harappa and Mohenjodaro, both in Pakistan. Even in the case of Hakra/Ghaggar river (extinct), a tributary of Indus itself, it has far more mature Harappan sites on the Pakistani side than on the Indian side. The proto-Indus site is also located at Mehrgarh in Pakistan. Indus sites found in parts of Northwest India are its periphery. More than 90% of Indians (i.e. outside those parts of northwest India) have nothing to do with Indus Valley Civilization, where their ancestors were nomadic forest-dwelling hunters and gatherers at a time period when the sophisticated Indus Valley Civilization was flourishing.

Harappan religion was not Hinduism. Not a single Hindu temple, idol, or statue has been found at excavated Indus sites. Harappans buried their dead, ate beef, and were not Vedic. The "Great Bath" was common in many civilizations such as among the Graeco-Romans and Mesopotamians. Depicted on some Indus seals, the "deity" wearing the horned head-dress looks nothing like Hinduism's Shiva. Bull seemed to be sacred among Harappans similar to Mesopotamians and Minoans, but not the cow.

Last edited:
so its mean what we learn in school was wrong ? our history not start from the day mohmmad bin qasim attacked debal?

Come on friend..do not give him rude shock..I was suprised to see that poster at least now thinking that Pakistan histroy is also part of Mahenjodaro and Harappa civilization...Usually i see most of the Pakistan see their histroy is not linked to them...As you told, they see their histroy started with outsiders rather than the histroy of their land..

When people say 'Ancient Pakistan'. It makes me laugh.

I think they are just trying to create a histroy for themselves..Good start any way..

Come on friend..do not give him rude shock..I was suprised to see that poster at least now thinking that Pakistan histroy is also part of Mahenjodaro and Harappa civilization...Usually i see most of the Pakistan see their histroy is not linked to them...As you told, they see their histroy started with outsiders rather than the histroy of their land..
that is nor history arab afghan irani come invade kill our great grand fathers convert mass people looted us. this is what they give us all i know we are sons of this land not from arab afghan land . and i am proud of my history since thousands of years as a son of hindustan

I think they are just trying to create a histroy for themselves..Good start any way..

It is just a systematic way of brain washing Pakistanis to make believe that their history is different from the others from sub continent.

that is nor history arab afghan irani come invade kill our great grand fathers convert mass people looted us. this is what they give us all i know we are sons of this land not from arab afghan land . and i am proud of my history since thousands of years as a son of hindustan

Imran Bhai..I am not sure if you are really sarcastic or honest..I really respect your and this specific post...My respect for you and for your thoughts..

Greeks became Christians but still they have claim over ancient Greece, Socrates, Aristotle, Alexander. Same goes for Romans and Egyptians. History belongs to the land, and its people. How stupid or desperate one has to be to say that Pakistanis lost the right to their history because they now follow a different religion. This is stated to give an impression as if this whole region was one country and people of Bharat played a role in the developments of our land. No they didn't! they just follow a religion derived from the religion of our ancestors!

“The word Hinduism derived from Hindu, a Corruption of Sindhu. Punjab in Vedic times was called Sapta Sindhu (The land of seven rivers). This was pronounced by Iranians as, ‘Haft Hindu’ and so the inhabitants of the Punjab came to be called Hindus by Muslim invaders.” [Pundit Shiv Kishan Kaul]

Hi,

You seem a very senior member, still you're saying what's only a pack of lies. Sorry to be blunt, but that's really what it is. This is a narrative of the miserable minority of Punjabi and Sindhi hyper nationalists. Isolated incidents aside, there is no concrete evidence of any mass conversions in the history of South Asia, none at all. An evidence of it is Delhi, the center of power and influence, remained a Muslim minority area.

Moreover your ancestors helped those Persian, Turk and Afghan "savages" rule this area. When Khusro Khan, a Hindu slave who had reached positions of influence, killed Allauddin Khilji's successor and declared himself Sultan, the Muslim army who fought against him under Ghiyathuddin Taghluq was mostly composed of Punjabi and Sindhi Muslims.

Hi,

You seem a very senior member, still you're saying what's only a pack of lies. Sorry to be blunt, but that's really what it is. This is a narrative of the miserable minority of Punjabi and Sindhi hyper nationalists. Isolated incidents aside, there is no concrete evidence of any mass conversions in the history of South Asia, none at all. An evidence of it is Delhi, the center of power and influence, remained a Muslim minority area.

Moreover your ancestors helped those Persian, Turk and Afghan "savages" rule this area. When Khusro Khan, a Hindu slave who had reached positions of influence, killed Allauddin Khilji's successor and declared himself Sultan, the Muslim army who fought against him under Ghiyathuddin Taghluq was mostly composed of Punjabi and Sindhi Muslims.
feel free to disagree dear .

its my stance and i believe it . i am son of this land called it Hindustan pakistan or destiny land

feel free to disagree dear .

its my stance and i believe it . i am son of this land called it Hindustan pakistan or destiny land
I am also a son of Indus land or Hindustan Imran bhai. Descendants of many of those Afghans, Persians and Turks are now our countrymen. They've done remarkable services for this country and its people. We should avoid hurting their feelings by climbing on Hindutva bandwagon of foreign invaders. There was no forced conversion, they ruled with support of Muslims of this region, Hindus climbed to positions of influence too. And those times were of prosperity for this region.

Greeks became Christians but still they have claim over ancient Greece, Socrates, Aristotle, Alexander. Same goes for Romans and Egyptians. History belongs to the land, and its people. How stupid or desperate one has to be to say that Pakistanis lost the right to their history because they now follow a different religion. This is stated to give an impression as if this whole region was one country and people of Bharat played a role in the developments of our land. No they didn't! they just follow a religion derived from the religion of our ancestors!

“The word Hinduism derived from Hindu, a Corruption of Sindhu. Punjab in Vedic times was called Sapta Sindhu (The land of seven rivers). This was pronounced by Iranians as, ‘Haft Hindu’ and so the inhabitants of the Punjab came to be called Hindus by Muslim invaders.” [Pundit Shiv Kishan Kaul]

You are spot on.:tup: It is something that the Indians on this forum and beyond have failed to understand. That is, a change of religion does not mean change of people. I find it amusing that Indians sitting hundreds of miles away in the farthest corners of India turn around and say Indus civillazation is theres while I am a foreign invader. :lol:

.......................................................................Peace.......

12524_457348431012282_1885336777_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom