What's new

Featured Anatolian Eagle 2021 - JF-17 To Pitch Against Rafale and Vipers

What about Tejas?

Tejas I expect will be superior to the JF-17 in mission capable rates mainly because the GE F404 is a very reliable engine plus the Tejas is FBW so no hydraulic piping to worry about. It's carbon composite construction also means more air frame life. Not saying JF17 can't get there but it can't get there at a price Pakistan can afford.

thunder.png

You fail to understand French - they are massive pimps who bow to monies. Qatar is a large money maker - that is why they dont engage; similarly to see the excuse that EAF needed permission from France to get rid of their M3 was even more laughable.

Well - Turkey faces Rafael from EAF and Greece; Pak faces Rafael from India. Similarly Azeris can face it if Pashy gets Macroni (who has Armenian ancestry) to push Rafael to be in Armenia.

Push hard to strip Rafael down in every aspect and how to counter its advantages/overcome its weaknesses using 3 seperate AF analysts in a box. Next I hope there are SigInt and Tech engineers people who can evaluate every aspect of its EW/ECCM/Radar/Weapon System/Comms/Threat Awareness - on the ground and in the air during the exercises.
As per an agreement some Katar AF Rafaels, whose total order is 70+, will be permanently stationed in Turkey for training purposes! You can expect the the entire corps of EW engineers around these birds for the “academic” curiosity....
I don't think newbie Turkish AF pilots can match IsAF in skills. They are on another level.
Why do you think the PAF pilots are there for?? The experienced FETO traitor pilots are in jail, yet TurAF with young pilots shows more aggression now for a reason.....

As per an agreement some Katar AF Rafaels, whose total order is 70+, will be permanently stationed in Turkey for training purposes! You can expect the the entire corps of EW engineers around these birds for the “academic” curiosity....
If Tejas is such superior plane, why did it take so long for IAF finally accept it albeit after political pressure.

Tejas I expect will be superior to the JF-17 in mission capable rates mainly because the GE F404 is a very reliable engine plus the Tejas is FBW so no hydraulic piping to worry about. It's carbon composite construction also means more air frame life. Not saying JF17 can't get there but it can't get there at a price Pakistan can afford.
It is actually a fine aircraft - just plagued by piss poor Indian Project management and bureaucracy.

It is actually a fine aircraft - just plagued by piss poor Indian Project management and bureaucracy.

I generally don't like delta wing design, I think its lazy compromised engineering. I can't say much about the combat capabilities of the Tejas v the JF-17 - I guess we will find out as more are operationally deployed.

I suspect the Tejas is more fun to fly but the JF-17 is more combat capable.

I generally don't like delta wing design, I think its lazy compromised engineering. I can't say much about the combat capabilities of the Tejas v the JF-17 - I guess we will find out as more are operationally deployed.

I suspect the Tejas is more fun to fly but the JF-17 is more combat capable.
Not exactly - because while the delta will give good instant rate and the work by the Indian control law team is fantastic; that inherent design means that after that first turn that Tejas is dead.

If it doesn’t evade a BVR shot on that first turn or regains energy fast enough, its dead. If it doesn’t get its HMD + python off it will die against a JF. The cropped delta with lerx on JF-17is just the right balance - everything else has a trade off.

Now if the Tejas mk.2 finally comes to fruition, that will be a different game but then the JF-17 is evolving too.

And an outdated avionics package according to one of my roommates who used to work in Bangalore. He had seen the aircraft upfront. But that was a few years ago, who knows what it is now. A very outdated project indeed and it shows the seriousness their government took when it comes to their own program.

A very good display though at the Bahrain 2016 airshow. Would have been a good show where a JF-17 was also supposed to display but canceled last minute.

Last edited:
Not exactly - because while the delta will give good instant rate and the work by the Indian control law team is fantastic; that inherent design means that after that first turn that Tejas is dead.

If it doesn’t evade a BVR shot on that first turn or regains energy fast enough, its dead. If it doesn’t get its HMD + python off it will die against a JF. The cropped delta with lerx on JF-17is just the right balance - everything else has a trade off.

Now if the Tejas mk.2 finally comes to fruition, that will be a different game but then the JF-17 is evolving too.

I meant at an air show not in combat, I wouldn't be caught dead in a delta or delta canard in combat.

There will be many countries in observing status so more opportunities of marketing for Jeff. Also for the first time certification of turkeys assets for NATO will be a great source of learning

All very theoretical ….

in reality JF-17 has done real combat missions, countless exercises and air shows

All very theoretical ….

in reality JF-17 has done real combat missions, countless exercises and air shows

not really we know the rates of air frame fatigue for aluminium structures. The serviceability of American engines vs Russian engines is similarly well known. These are long established facts not theories.

Back
Top Bottom