What's new

ANA soldiers dragging dead body of a Taliban

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain local uprisings that are currently happening in Pashtun districts like Panjwayi?

TTP is not as racial seperated as the Taliban.

They have alliances with LEJ(Punjab), LET(Kashmir), BLA(Baloch), and Sindh nationalist groups.

But we are fighting an insurgency led by Punjabis of Pakistan, funny such words of humanity vanishes when you went to extreme to use airstrikes on your own people.

Keep on denying they are not Kashmiris...
All will show up when another Kashmiri gets shot & killed by indian army

TTP is not as racial seperated as the Taliban.

They have alliances with LEJ(Punjab), LET(Kashmir), BLA(Baloch), and Sindh nationalist groups.

Keep on denying they are not Kashmiris...
All will show up when another Kashmiri gets shot & killed by indian army

In Kashmir the militants are Pakistan's Punjabi, Chechans and Pashtuns with negligible Kashmiris but in your FATA the militants are your own Pashtuns.

A bit of divide and conquer, I suppose.

I saw Amerullah Saleh blaming Pakistan for the same thing.

LoL.

Look at the propaganda.

See Luffy, he is trying to make you a fool.

Even if he is Punjabi, does that make it okay?

@Sher Malang has his opinion. In my opinion some Afghans call talibans as agents of punjabis as ISI/Pakistan are supporting them and the entire history of talibans is associated with Pakistan....
Whether he is punjabi taliban or pakhtun taliban, there is no excuse of mistreatment of dead bodies, it reflects lack of discipline and ethics of ANA...I could have understand if they were torturing a living taliban for interrogation...there are many interrogation/torture videos of Pak army during ongoing military operations uploaded on net ...they were torturing people to extract information, that is understandable to some extent. But what could be the joy behind dragging dead bodies, they dont feel pain...and i am uncomfortable for another reason, i dont want 90s episode to be repeated in Afghanistan again...God knows what they would do with each other this time if america leaves...these soldiers are definately not in good shape and are capable of doing horrible crimes...lets pray talibans joins the peace process and joins political system.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sher Malang has his opinion. In my opinion some Afghans call talibans as agents of punjabis as ISI/Pakistan are supporting them and the entire history of talibans is associated with Pakistan....
Whether he is punjabi taliban or pakhtun taliban, there is no excuse of mistreatment of dead bodies, it reflects lack of discipline and ethics of ANA...I could have understand if they were torturing a living taliban for interrogation...there are many interrogation/torture videos of Pak army during ongoing military operations uploaded on net ...they were torturing people to extract information, that is understandable to some extent. But what could be the joy behind dragging dead bodies, they dont feel pain...and i am uncomfortable for another reason, i dont want 90s episode to be repeated in Afghanistan again...God knows what they would do with each other this time if america leaves...these soldiers are definately not in good shape and are capable of doing horrible crimes...lets pray talibans joins the peace process and joins political system.

you are trying to twist your comment for the sake of justifying this act of ANA and dragging PAK unnecessarily,after all you are a typical geelam jum...

As is obvious on the forum, many pakistanis - particularly punjabis support Afghan Taliban while wanting to annihilate Pakistan Taliban. Previous gallop poll surveys have shown a fair bit of support for Afghan taliban, again more prominent in punjab.

1) If Afghan taliban have a pashtun angle, then how do you explain higher support in punjab than in KPK?

2) How do people reconcile their positions of supporting afghan taliban but hating pakistan taliban? How do pakistanis pashtun look at this phenomenon?

Although desecrating dead bodies is totally unacceptable, I did not find so much indignation on the thread where hamas murdered 6 palestinian civilians and dragged their bodies from bikes all over town.

if i remember correctly the refrain was "traitors, deserved it..well done hamas...death to joos.....".

As is obvious on the forum, many pakistanis - particularly punjabis support Afghan Taliban while wanting to annihilate Pakistan Taliban. Previous gallop poll surveys have shown a fair bit of support for Afghan taliban, again more prominent in punjab.

1) If Afghan taliban have a pashtun angle, then how do you explain higher support in punjab than in KPK?

2) How do people reconcile their positions of supporting afghan taliban but hating pakistan taliban? How do pakistanis pashtun look at this phenomenon?

The deobandis of Punjab are as much conservative and are motivated for militancy as are pashtuns. But most of them are bareilvis.
Special efforts were done by Pakistan to radicalize the entire pashtun belt which is entirely deobandi with small pockets of bareilvis, simply to eliminate pashtun nationalism and to use them as cannon fodder...Nowadays most of the pakistani pakhtuns have sympathies for Afghan talibans, infact many people are recruited from my area for haqqani network which is based in North waziristan and has full protection of pak army..the local commander of haqqani newtork in my district was killed by TTP commander and his funeral was largest i have ever seen. People loved and respected him..many ISI men roam in our regions with beards and have contacts with mullahs and talibans..whenever they are caught by police or some thing, ISI intervene and release them...they prepare young boys for the so called jihad in Afghanistan and like TTP prepare them for suicide blasts against NATO and afghan forces...the same ISI-sponsered talibans were attacking NATO tankers....the war on terror of pakistan is joke, they are not sincere...they are turning my pakhtuns into religous extremists, some of them have backfired as TTP but they havent learnt lesson.

I did share the videos of Extra-judicial killings and torture by Pak army on this forum year ago, but they were all deleted...i guess they were too gruesome.

Their support for the Afghan Taliban comes from their fear of the tribal regions joining Afghanistan, which will only happen if Pashtuns are very nationalistic. The best way counter nationalism, is with religious extremism.

Obviously it has been backfiring on them, see the TTP for example. The official Pakistani position is that they are countering Indian influences in Afghanistan, but that is of course propaganda.

The deobandis of Punjab are as much conservative and are motivated for militancy as are pashtuns. But most of them are bareilvis.
Special efforts were done by Pakistan to radicalize the entire pashtun belt which is entirely deobandi with small pockets of bareilvis, simply to eliminate pashtun nationalism and to use them as cannon fodder...Nowadays most of the pakistani pakhtuns have sympathies for Afghan talibans, infact many people are recruited from my area for haqqani network which is based in North waziristan and has full protection of pak army..the local commander of haqqani newtork in my district was killed by TTP commander and his funeral was largest i have ever seen. People loved and respected him..many ISI men roam in our regions with beards and have contacts with mullahs and talibans..whenever they are caught by police or some thing, ISI intervene and release them...they prepare young boys for the so called jihad in Afghanistan and like TTP prepare them for suicide blasts against NATO and afghan forces...the same ISI-sponsered talibans were attacking NATO tankers....the war on terror of pakistan is joke, they are not sincere...they are turning my pakhtuns into religous extremists, some of them have backfired as TTP but they havent learnt lesson.

I did share the videos of Extra-judicial killings and torture by Pak army on this forum year ago, but they were all deleted...i guess they were too gruesome.

Doesn't this destroy the pakistani pashtun society and mainly keep them backward - all for interfering in another country?

Can't pashtuns themselves see whats in their interest?

Doesn't this destroy the pakistani pashtun society and mainly keep them backward - all for interfering in another country?

Can't pashtuns themselves see whats in their interest?

The opposing forces of talibans were traditional pashtuns and pashtun nationalists. They were unable to stop the waves of state-sponsered talibanization..talibans targeted our pashtunwali, jirga, sports, music, customs etc and traditional folk among us countered them through lashkars. E.g in my area people formed qaumi lashkars and eliminated talibans from the region. Then army came and with them came haqqani network guys...with advent of army, strangely tribal malaks and khans getting targated, some of them got killed...Qaumi jirga is silenced by power of pak army which has taken over of district and talibans are openely operating under their supervision...as these haqqani network guys are not doing bomb blasts and kidnappings for ransom so people, who are already radicalized since zia ul haq times, are fine with these talibans...
When their 15 year son is killed in afghanistan or droned in N.waziristan, they shedd tears of happiness that their son is gone to jannat.
Among pashtun nationalists ANP opposed any kind of talibans. They were hammered down and softened by ISI. Now they sing patriotic songs out of fear and have painted their faces green instead of red to survive.

Remind me of the quote of Bacha Khan to Gandhi and Nehru before boarding the train in Delhi to Pakistan.

dude do you know why ANA is called hashish army?

And Afghan narcotics army

Anyways this thread demonstrates why afghanistan keeps failing. These people see everything through an ethnic lens

Remind me of the words of Bacha Khan to Gandhi and Nehru before boarding the train in Delhi to Pakistan.

You have fed us to the wolves? Indeed.
Jinnah dissolved elected NWFP assembly and governament of khudai khidmgatgars unlawfully and brought muslim leaguis. The kashmiri born governor of NWFP from muslim league, sardar abdul qayyum khan brutally and cruelly suppressed khudai khidmatgars, people named him "double barrel khan" due to deaths hundreds of red shirts at his hands. He was not a pakhtun and he took several steps to enforce urdu and discourage pakhto...he was the one who said "pakhto is language of hell"...in response ghani khan said i would go to jannat with this langauge of hell.

When their 15 year son is killed in afghanistan or droned in N.waziristan, they shedd tears of happiness that their son is gone to jannat.

That's just effed up.

You have painted a very grim picture. I wonder whats the solution, but I hope Pashtuns on both sides of Durand line are able to modernize, get education and healthcare and live peacefully one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom