What's new

An Islamic revival among urban Pakistani women

no you are the one encouraging something that Quran is discouraging, please stop disobeying ALLAH and do Astaghfaar

who the hell is Shah Jee?
Quran never discouraged that that is why most Sahabas married more than one time.

Liberalism is crumbling all over the world. Racist, right wing, quasi religious parties are gaining popularity in the west while Russia is ever become more and more traditional and religious. Liberalism is doomed to die. Religion is still here and forever to stay.

that's just a phase. Currently, liberal interests coincide with those of right wingers, i.e., financial and physical security.
you should look at the growth of irreligiosity in any non Islamic country- try looking at the American example. They used to overwhelmingly religious till a while back.

The burqa is a part and parcel of Islamic culture in both India and Pakistan. In my grandmother's generation every woman (except in the villages where women had to work in fields) wore a burqa. In fact even at weddings brides would depart at their rukhsatis in a burqa over their wedding clothes. It was only when they got older they took off their burqas and started wearing a chador.

Though that generation was sufi. The new generation which is reviving the veil is actually bringing in a symptom of salafism.

Veil should be revived, but with a sunni spirit rather than a salafi one.

Quran never discouraged that that is why most Sahabas married more than one time.

Many Arab and Indo-Pak ulema do discourage it generally but they do so for proper reasons like the man may not be able to do justice, unlike secularists who discourage it for the sake of westernisation and modernisation.

The burqa is a part and parcel of Islamic culture in both India and Pakistan. In my grandmother's generation every woman (except in the villages where women had to work in fields) wore a burqa. In fact even at weddings brides would depart at their rukhsatis in a burqa over their wedding clothes. It was only when they got older they took off their burqas and started wearing a chador.

Though that generation was sufi. The new generation which is reviving the veil is actually bringing in a symptom of salafism.

Veil should be revived, but with a sunni spirit rather than a salafi one.

Many Arab and Indo-Pak ulema do discourage it generally but they do so for proper reasons like the man may not be able to do justice, unlike secularists who discourage it for the sake of westernisation and modernisation.
They can't discourage when ALLAH has allowed it yes it's a difficult thing to do but if man wants to do it than it's allowed.

Al Huda has done good work, but its anti-sufi activities have been condemned by many prominent sufi scholars such as Shaykh Faraz Rabbani and Mufti Taqi Usmani.

If Al Huda adheres to true Sunni Islam (of which Tasawwuf is an integral part) then I will support all their efforts.

They can't discourage when ALLAH has allowed it yes it's a difficult thing to do but if man wants to do it than it's allowed.

Yes I know you are right. But I was reading Maulana Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb [DB] of deoband. He said the men today don't have the imaan of the sahabah to do justice. Therefore he discouraged it.

But justice is difficult, not impossible.

Many secularists like to twist around Quranic verses to 'prove' that justice is impossible therefore polygamy is haram. But its not. It is allowed in Islam and even Hindu men had many wives. Some people even feel that having many wives is a sign of manhood just like muscles. And I don't disagree.

According to me, a religious text can never be a rule of law. A rule of law as per difinitions means a piece of text which can be changed as per necessities, However a religious text can never be changed; So talking of Religios texts as a staunch and firm rule book is weird...

that's just a phase. Currently, liberal interests coincide with those of right wingers, i.e., financial and physical security.
you should look at the growth of irreligiosity in any non Islamic country- try looking at the American example. They used to overwhelmingly religious till a while back.
Even Communist China is going Christian and is soon to become the largest Christian country in the world:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

Even Communist China is going Christian and is soon to become the largest Christian country in the world:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

communism tends to force atheism. That will never work. The Chinese are picking up Christianity as a sign of freedom from the high levels of control of the state on their personal lives, probably also for a sense of belonging. They tend to be very relaxed about it, unlike most of us south Asians.
My experience with the Malaysian Chinese students at the university was that they cared mostly about the festivals.

anyway, time will tell who is right. Give it 10 years, and I'm sure we'll have significant data in this regard.

Actually , Quran is the only major religious book that says you should marry one wife. Sahabas had more than one wives because of the massive gender gap.

You do NOT want to understand the Quran, may Allah help you
What I understand is exactly what was understood by Sahabas and great scholars in past 1400 years. It's you who need re read and understand ayats

would mullah radio the TTP approve of this revival ?

Back
Top Bottom