What's new

An Indian who moved to Pakistan

Well Booo Hooo. This woman seems to suggest that she should get special treatment because
1) she lived in new delhi for 24 years
2) she graduated from a premier medical school
3) Her parents are college profs.

Married a Pakistani? Tuf Luck. India wont make an exception for you. Ditto for US and Dr. kalam.

What is so difficult to understand about this article?

Did she write the letter to some Indian or Indian governmental institution asking for exception? No!

Her article is simply a reflection of the reality that exists between the two countries. She is not begging India to treat her differently. Her point is to a fellow Pakistani that these issues that common people face require some looking into. She is fair, in that she does not put the blame on only one side.

So I don't know where folks get off talking about exceptions this or that. If she wanted an exception, she would have worked the official channels through contacts. The write-up in my mind is a plea for the common people across both sides.

Chill out guys whats wrong if she married a pakistani if i fell in love with a pakistani girl who is just right for me will her nationality count for me no it wont it was the same for her it was her life she made the decision she was not forced to so drop your egos and calm down

@tp
Well the relation bw the our countries arent great so it has to happen

Reading the comments below made by Indians on the ET blog piece was even more interesting. Without even experiencing Pakistan besides listening to Indian TV, they really think Pakistan is Afghanistan, & India is some Western country. I know many Indian women that have become Pakistani citizens, & they thank their lucky stars everyday that they don't have to live in India anymore.

For Indians, probably Afghanistan has a much friendlier attitude than Pakistan and vice-versa :rolleyes:

Re bolded part, good for them. I wish them luck thought I would say they are hardly missed here :)

I hope this does not go in to deff ears.....

She married a pakistani on her own wish nd decided to stay there but her parrents are still Indian do they not deserve to see their daughter, I do understand that things between both the countries are not good but this kind of trolling is not going to help.

Don't forget that Pakistan is at fault as much as India is on this matter....
So stop the ranting from both sides and let peace prevail.

Some people were just asking for a 'WMD style ban action'.

Stick to the topic without denigrating another nation and its people please, or more will follow.

Reading the comments below made by Indians on the ET blog piece was even more interesting. Without even experiencing Pakistan besides listening to Indian TV, they really think Pakistan is Afghanistan, & India is some Western country. I know many Indian women that have become Pakistani citizens, & they thank their lucky stars everyday that they don't have to live in India anymore.

So isnt this a flame bait denegrating indians??How come u miised this mod??

And regarding the topic only chance for her is if she knows some high ranking babu from indian embassy.Security is of utmost concern,there cant be seperate rules for her and others from pakistan.
Here is link to the original article by hoodbhoy
http://tribune.com.pk/story/282732/deepening-the-pakistan-india-divide/
He describes how he harrased by pkaistani intelligence agents even before he could actually enter the Indian high commision building.Now compare this with cumbersome process of the indian embassy :lol:

There is no dual citizenship for those who surrendered their Indian citizenship to become Citizens of other countries including Pakistan. So what is the fuss here, with that lady and many emotional Pakistani nationals?

This is my mother's story, born & raised Indian, but surrendered her citizenship & became Pakistani in 1979 when she married my Dad. She has no regrets about it either. She loved it here in Karachi & Islamabad, & she calls Karachi her home. My grandmother (recently) & grandfather have passed away, so my mother has less urgency to visit India now. But she visited India many times when they were living, & my grandparents & my mother's siblings visited Pakistan a few times as well. It is generally much easier for an Indian to get Pakistani citizenship than vice versa. My mother got her citizenship in less than a year I believe, but if a Pakistani woman marries an Indian, it takes many many years, & you might still not get citizenship, only a visit visa.
its difficult to get a US gc, UK or canadian PR. but is relatively easy to go to thailand indonesia etc. always its easier to go from better country to worse country. so just because a canadian can get easy entry into thailand, it doesnt mean that a thai can get easy entry to canada.
similarly its easier for india to go to pak, but difficult vice versa.
Also ISI will easily push terrorist to india in this fashion.
i dont know why all the millions you know who moved from india to pak thank their stars, but it maybe because if they dont they will get slaughtered.

Indian embassy is not PDF where she would get a special treatment for being a pakistani. i'm amazed that people are actually discussing this topic!

Indian embassy is not PDF where she would get a special treatment for being a pakistani. i'm amazed that people are actually discussing this topic!

:lol: .

What is so difficult to understand about this article?

Did she write the letter to some Indian or Indian governmental institution asking for exception? No!

Her article is simply a reflection of the reality that exists between the two countries. She is not begging India to treat her differently. Her point is to a fellow Pakistani that these issues that common people face require some looking into. She is fair, in that she does not put the blame on only one side.

So I don't know where folks get off talking about exceptions this or that. If she wanted an exception, she would have worked the official channels through contacts. The write-up in my mind is a plea for the common people across both sides.

You are correct she is not asking for exception...but the issue hear is people from your country are trying to project India as Demonic based on this letter...I saw a message from Pakistani even saying "the sister must thank her lucky star for becoming Pakistani citizen" - well we all know how many in Pakistan are trying to flee to west if given an opportunity in this troubleant phase of Pakistan. Artists, musicians, actors, sports persons from Pakistan come to work in India - this things will never happen if India don't want to issue visas to Pakistanis...Also as far as I know many patients from Pakistan comes to India for complicated medical treatment and many are even treated free of cost...

My relatives are in Singapore and Malaysia and they have traveled to India many times, but in-spite of that they too have to go through the same visa hassle like any other country citizens of Indian Origin... Apart from the people migrated to Pakistan during partition the people of Indian origin will be living in fraction in Pakistan - but on the other hand around a 5 to 10 million Indians living all around the world and they all have to go through the same visa hassle when they come to India...And visa can't be issued based on the credibility of their Parents...

its difficult to get a US gc, UK or canadian PR. but is relatively easy to go to thailand indonesia etc. always its easier to go from better country to worse country. so just because a canadian can get easy entry into thailand, it doesnt mean that a thai can get easy entry to canada.
similarly its easier for india to go to pak, but difficult vice versa.
Also ISI will easily push terrorist to india in this fashion.
i dont know why all the millions you know who moved from india to pak thank their stars, but it maybe because if they
dont they will get slaughtered.
LMAO Did you just compare Canada with India?
Here's Canada's Capital
ottawa-panorama1.jpg

and India's Capital :D
india_1443547c.jpg

India-SlumBuildingBack.jpg

PS: The visa policy is reciprocal - Try getting Pakistani Visa and we will see how easy it is for you.

and here's India

from the link source, I saw first image.

8618-indiapakistanreuters-1323427451-606-640x480.jpg

:rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Sania Mirza, a tennis player married to Pakistani cricketer will get Pakistani passport soon. Any flames ?

:laugh:

LMAO Did you just compare Canada with India?
Here's is India

India-SlumBuildingBack.jpg

PS: The visa policy is reciprocal - Try getting Pakistani Visa and we will see how easy it is for you.

and here's India

You can post any number of slum images from India, but now a day it doesn't stop people from west come to work in India...

Also nobody is having magic wand to wipe out the poverty over night , we are indeed on the path to remove poverty from India and developing towards complete progress...Because 20 years back even an extreme optimist Indian never would have believed people from west head towards to India for work - today they come to India because they can have good life and carrier growth in India...

India New Land of Opportunity

Top American graduates heading to India for employment

Last edited by a moderator:
Ab pachtaye howat kya jab chidiya chugh gayee khet...

you should have thought of this before moving to pakistan..now keep repenting throughout your life...India is now a foreign land for you always...keep bombing there gal !!

Back
Top Bottom