What's new

An Indian surname attracts racist in NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
story line....

N.Zealand embarrassed over TV host's race remarks: PM John Key

AFP: N.Zealand embarrassed over TV host's race remarks: PM

TV host's Dikshit remarks 'embarrassed nation' : John Key

TV host's Dikshit remarks 'embarrassed nation' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

NEW Zealand felt the force of India's diplomatic wrath yesterday after a breakfast television host ridiculed the name of Delhi's Chief Minister, Sheila Dikshit, on New Zealand's national broadcaster.

India furious over ridicule of Delhi chief

India fumes at NZ over Dikshit

India fumes at NZ over Dikshit slur | | | Indian Express

I dont think hes racist cause he was joking and just having a laugh not like he hates indians , but its not something you should say on a news show(?)he just made a *** out of himself and even his coworkers are like omg shut up lol.

The bit were he says its appropiate cuz shes indian is offending on that type of show on tv and 100% not proffesional. should be sacked.

The bit were he says its appropiate cuz shes indian is offending on that type of show on tv and 100% not proffesional. should be sacked.

It is actually very interesting to note the change in the deameanour of his co-anchor (co-host?) after he said this.

He should be sacked but he probably won't be.

think-about-volunteering--urges-governor-general-1.jpg

This is Sir Anand Satyanand the governer general of New Zealand, the most respected position in the country.

Perhaps you might think before you label everyone in NZ as a racist over the comments of one stupid tv presenter.

Yes every country has idiots some even get tv programs but it doesnt make everyone else a pig.

Its pathatic that such idots are in the national channel of new zealand.. i.e. "NZTV"

Its his second time he abused indians ...

well what ever it is.... you can argue with me... but Indians previously used to think that NZ is a great country:frown: :angry:

Its pathatic that such idots are in the national channel of new zealand.. i.e. "NZTV"

Its his second time he abused indians ...

well what ever it is.... you can argue with me... but Indians previously used to think that NZ is a great country:frown: :angry:

And now its not a great country ?

:) come on they have regret

And now its not a great country ?

:) come on they have regret

come on jana its there second time...

its just like slapping and saying "sorry" again and again...:disagree:
why they didnt took serious action against him when he did that 1st time....

and thats too in the national channel....

Ahh c'on people he was just a television anchor who got a bit carried away.
lay off him and let him make his living

agreed with above though it is unprofessional

Ahh c'on people he was just a television anchor who got a bit carried away.
lay off him and let him make his living

Right - let us not over-analyze this. Life goes on... That anchor has got a bad fright now, and he will remember this for a long time to come. Let us leave it at that.

come on jana its there second time...

its just like slapping and saying "sorry" again and again...:disagree:
why they didnt took serious action against him when he did that 1st time....

and thats too in the national channel....

I agree with you that. This should not be made habit by them.

I was just talking about generalisation

Reactions: AR
Honestly, if I am to pronounce the name extemporaneously, being unfamiliar with the name, I would also pronounce it “d!ck”+”sh!t”, per English phonetics. But if I were a TV host, and were able to do some preparation, and know the mining of both “d!ck” and ”sh!t” are indecent in public speech in some sense, and would probably therefore have a further study on it… :hitwall:

Unnecessary reaction by Indian Govt. No need to make a big fuss out of this. Just move on.

same about the Pakistani/Kashmiri surname "Butt".

I think this is more of a case of immaturity than true racism. The truly racist are the ones out there beating/killing minorities, not the ones who laugh and joke about other people's names because they are not immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom