What's new

AN IAF WITHOUT THE RAFAEL MMRCA

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Increasinglu unlikely that rafael may not happen at all i just wanted to share what the IAF may end up looking like as result between now and 2022 which is when the FGFA will hopefully arrive

272 su30mki (include 42 super sukhoi) = 15 sqds by 2019
Current fleet is 170 fighters and 9 sqds approx

51 mirage2000-9 massively upgraded at $40 million each with radars. mica BVRS and ecms etc. BY 2019 = 3 sqds
Current just MIRAGE2000H

63 MIG29 SMT by 2015 = 3 Sqds

40 Tejas mk1 = 2 SDQS hopefully by 2018

72 jaguar upgraded to darin 2 and new engines by 2019

= 486 fighters in just 27 sqds

PS this is as bad as i see it getting and will stil be a much larger air force than all
BUT USA USSR CHINA ...

PAF imo (forgettingthe bullcrap figs some posters give us0 anmd taking into account their massive financial handicap will be as follows by 2019

63 F16 MLU/52
120 Thunders (taken thenm 4 years to induct 50 mk1)
150 F7
40 REMAING MIRAGE ROSE for specia roles only ie martime strike etc.

This fleet should not unduly worry the above IAF even without a MMRCA option

PLAAF is the big worry

by 2019 i see the following

300 J10 FC20
400 Flankers both imports & indengious J11
300 APPROX OLDER TYPES j8/j7 etc.

about 1000 combat planes with the FLANKERS & JJ10 repersenting 70% OF THEIR FLEET.

So you are back on track :rofl: just kidding ;)

MMRCA cancelled is directly translated into more Russian fighters. May be Mig-29 or 35 or more MKIs.

Beyond 2019 i cant see countries commiting to multi billion deal;s for 4th generation fighters on the scale that indian MMRCA represents.

The WEST will be starting to roll out export of F35
CHINA & RUSSIA will be showcasing their J20/ FGFA in air shows annually.

I THINK WE INDIANS TOOK TOO LONG WITH MMRCA and committing £20billion on this will be too much especially if FGFA is coming in 2022 anyway

well 17 squdrons of MKI(16 aircrafts each).
3 squadrons of Mig-29(18 each).
3 squadrons of Mirage-2k5(18 each).
Current 6 squadrons of Jaguar(18 each).
2 squadrons of Tejas(18 each, may be more mk2 squadrons by then).
So in worst case, 30-31 squadrons without Rafale.
PS: in that case India will buy more MKIs or may be Su-35s but not likely that Rafale deal will be cancelled.

MMRCA may lead to stop gap measures only

i would prefer more mirage2000 even 2nd hand

but your correct in assuming MIG35 IN SMALL NOS not license production...

until FGFA arrives.

i think the election in 2014 WILL lead us going back to the RUSSIANS for MMRCA AND big commitment to FGFA

If it got cancelled it will be this or early next year and same is for sign too.

2022 anyway !!!! Its 2013. 9 years. Alot change in 9 months if you know what I mean :rofl:

Increasinglu unlikely that rafael may not happen at all i just wanted to share what the IAF may end up looking like as result between now and 2022 which is when the FGFA will hopefully arrive

272 su30mki (include 42 super sukhoi) = 15 sqds by 2019
Current fleet is 170 fighters and 9 sqds approx

51 mirage2000-9 massively upgraded at $40 million each with radars. mica BVRS and ecms etc. BY 2019 = 3 sqds
Current just MIRAGE2000H

63 MIG29 SMT by 2015 = 3 Sqds

40 Tejas mk1 = 2 SDQS hopefully by 2018

72 jaguar upgraded to darin 2 and new engines by 2019

= 486 fighters in just 27 sqds

PS this is as bad as i see it getting and will stil be a much larger air force than all
BUT USA USSR CHINA ...

is it you're hoping or any source available to proof your claim???

Regardl;ess of what people say this lot can take on PAF threat any day of week without MMRCA RAFALE ..

but PLAAF is looking very impressive indeed.

BUT EVEN PLAAF is shrinking year in year out as thery phase out old F7 J8 junk etc.

Wish we could order 4 sq od Su 35 and 4 Sq of Rafale and 5 Sq of EF ! ! !

Why we are not even thinking about EF ? It was IAF's first Choice ! . And they said they can deliver first batch in 1 yr i guess ...

GRIFFIN

I HOPING that the rafael deal HAD been signed back in 2007 AND THEN 2011

ITS just what i think is happening bearing in mind the COST, rupee ddevaluation, TROUBLE with TOT transfer, and indian elections and opposition party claiming bribery. etc.

THROW THE SMALL MATTER of FGFA and IAF need to take on future chinease J20 & J30 FIFTH GEN FIGHTERS and you have my reasons why.

BUT NOW I DO NOT KNOW FOR DEFO

BUT I AM GOOD JUDGE OF WHERE this is heading

Regardl;ess of what people say this lot can take on PAF threat any day of week without MMRCA RAFALE ..

but PLAAF is looking very impressive indeed.

BUT EVEN PLAAF is shrinking year in year out as thery phase out old F7 J8 junk etc.

PLAAF already have many 4 th gen fighters and they can add more if needed in short period . Only hope for IAF is TEJAS MK 1 ... Mass production of MK1 will solve the gaps we have between IAF and PLAAF atleast for next 9 years ...

TEJAS MK1 is the only heal for IAF ! ! ! But MMRCA will be signed as Kick Backs might been paid already to Gandhi Family ... Come back of RAFALE itself a SCAM ! ! ! If u remember what hapend with rafale during tests ..

If RAFALE not inked India will ink EF !

well 17 squdrons of MKI(16 aircrafts each).
3 squadrons of Mig-29(18 each).
3 squadrons of Mirage-2k5(18 each).
Current 6 squadrons of Jaguar(18 each).
2 squadrons of Tejas(18 each, may be more mk2 squadrons by then).
So in worst case, 30-31 squadrons without Rafale.
PS: in that case India will buy more MKIs or may be Su-35s but not likely that Rafale deal will be cancelled.

Not to forget 45 Mig29Ks n NLCAs which IN is going to induct. Although they r not under the control of IAF but still they too can play a vital role in any future war scenario...:)

PLAAF already have many 4 th gen fighters and they can add more if needed in short period . Only hope for IAF is TEJAS MK 1 ... Mass production of MK1 will solve the gaps we have between IAF and PLAAF atleast for next 9 years ...

TEJAS MK1 is the only heal for IAF ! ! ! But MMRCA will be signed as Kick Backs might been paid already to Gandhi Family ... Come back of RAFALE itself a SCAM ! ! ! If u remember what hapend with rafale during tests ..

If RAFALE not inked India will ink EF !

Last I know IAF's stand was the low power of MK-1 will make them NOT to see any combat duty. Only MK-2s with upgraded engine.

Not to forget 45 Mig29Ks n NLCAs which IN is going to induct. Although they r not under the control of IAF but still they too can play a vital role in any future war scenario...:)

Surely 29Ks will. But I double NLCA will come into the picture before IAFs MK-2

is it you're hoping or any source available to proof your claim???

Go to MMRCA sticky and search his posts. You will find out :rofl:
I would like to invite somebody to help narrow down your search @Abingdonboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Rafale will be there in IAF armoury for sure !!

Back
Top Bottom