What's new

AN IAF WITHOUT THE RAFAEL MMRCA

Last I know IAF's stand was the low power of MK-1 will make them NOT to see any combat duty. Only MK-2s with upgraded engine.

Surely 29Ks will. But I double NLCA will come into the picture before IAFs MK-2

Go to MMRCA sticky and search his posts. You will find out :rofl:
I would like to invite somebody to help narrow down your search @Abingdonboy

I agree with you that LCA is only good enough for air shows to boost Indian pride. Its a show plane, not a combat plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you that LCA is only good enough for air shows to boost Indian pride. Its a show plane, not a combat plane.

okay, anything else..you say and every body will agree is this what your wet dream is all about..it is like J-11, J-15 are superior then hornet and Su-33 etc..

Increasinglu unlikely that rafael may not happen at all i just wanted to share what the IAF may end up looking like as result between now and 2022 which is when the FGFA will hopefully arrive

272 su30mki (include 42 super sukhoi) = 15 sqds by 2019
Current fleet is 170 fighters and 9 sqds approx

51 mirage2000-9 massively upgraded at $40 million each with radars. mica BVRS and ecms etc. BY 2019 = 3 sqds
Current just MIRAGE2000H

63 MIG29 SMT by 2015 = 3 Sqds

40 Tejas mk1 = 2 SDQS hopefully by 2018

72 jaguar upgraded to darin 2 and new engines by 2019

= 486 fighters in just 27 sqds

PS this is as bad as i see it getting and will stil be a much larger air force than all
BUT USA USSR CHINA ...

You are making up lies. India has to get MMCRA no matter the cost. There are too many fatty fingers dipping in the pot.

If at all Rafale deal fell through( though highly unlikely) then IAF has some plans to induct other fighters, French Rafale project will stop if this deal fell and french knows this fully fell

Well if IAF don't induce Rafael they are just as good as they are……
It wouldnot effect them coz they already have much potent platform like MKI……
but seriously it would give a space to PAF not to rush for J-10……:coffee:

well rafale deal is on and will be cleared before elections next year no matter what while if any thing goes wrong dont worry to much there are insider reports that US is ready to give 60 F18 super hornets within 12 months of signing of the deal and if that goes thru we can be certain that F35 will be on board the IAC-2 /Vishal

any way French are now naociating that they will diliver 60 instead of 12 as in orignal contract while the rest will be assembelled in India under HAL

Good Luck

I guess English grammar is not your strong suit ! :cheesy:

Hahaha good one . But last time I pointed out that to a Pakistani; reply was its not a school :woot:
( BTW it should be "stronger suit" :rofl: you are comparing ;) )

I remember I used to be grammatically correct :rofl: used to be before I spent some time here ;)
Anyways I poke you cause you used the word "Indians" for the mistake of one. If I start doing that you know ;)
Now if you can , come back to topic

Try to read it again and there is a slight possibility that you might actually understand what I mean.

MMRCA may lead to stop gap measures only

i would prefer more mirage2000 even 2nd hand

but your correct in assuming MIG35 IN SMALL NOS not license production...

until FGFA arrives.

i think the election in 2014 WILL lead us going back to the RUSSIANS for MMRCA AND big commitment to FGFA

more mirage 2000??

are u allright mate??

its just an old aircraft without anything special and costs a lot

IAF would do just fine.
First of all, we dont have the guts to use it anyway.
Second, Chinese are concentrating beating the U.S to attain the title of the most rotten moral-less capitalistic society in the world. So they wont risk a war with India.
That leaves just our green neighbours to our west. And that neighbour is busy stocking up with Junk Fighters which has a speed of Mach 1.6, no HMS/HMDS, no BVR weapons integrated yet into active squadrons(still under testing), poor TWR than even the LCA with the old GE-404-IN engine and a 85km for 5m2 range Radar. Even our Bisons would put up a fight with that. And also the bugged F-16 Block 52s numbering just 18.

Instead of wasting money on costly french sshit which wont even be used by spineless govts, better those idiots spend the money to construct grain silos to prevent millions of tonnes of grains getting wasted each and every year!!!!!! Criminal waste!!!

IAF would do just fine.
First of all, we dont have the guts to use it anyway.
Second, Chinese are concentrating beating the U.S to attain the title of the most rotten moral-less capitalistic society in the world. So they wont risk a war with India.
That leaves just our green neighbours to our west. And that neighbour is busy stocking up with Junk Fighters which has a speed of Mach 1.6, no HMS/HMDS, no BVR weapons integrated yet into active squadrons(still under testing), poor TWR than even the LCA with the old GE-404-IN engine and a 85km for 5m2 range Radar. Even our Bisons would put up a fight with that. And also the bugged F-16 Block 52s numbering just 18.

Instead of wasting money on costly french sshit which wont even be used by spineless govts, better those idiots spend the money to construct grain silos to prevent millions of tonnes of grains getting wasted each and every year!!!!!! Criminal waste!!!

Totally agree, India should focus on helping the poor instead of spending money on weapons that its too afraid of using.

more mirage 2000??

are u allright mate??

its just an old aircraft without anything special and costs a lot

Isn't LCA just a copy of mirage 2000?

LCA is a good introductory light combat plane..India did learn a lot from this aircraft but the tardiness of project managers have extended its development cycle too long that is my view

LCA is a good introductory light combat plane..India did learn a lot from this aircraft but the tardiness of project managers have extended its development cycle too long that is my view

Not only that. The IAF wanted a Mirage 2000-5 in a MiG-21 (rather a Gnat).

Back
Top Bottom