What's new

An apology to turks!

Minute by Minute

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
I think this Little piece is worth reading for all of us muslims here. But I didn't know where to post this, so the moderators are wellcome to move or delete.
With regards

An apology to the Turks:
I have recently been doing some looking around for plane tickets to Iran. If all goes well I will be visiting the country soon. But It turns out, that Iran Air has stopped flying to Iran from here.
So Looking for other options, I found Turkish airline and some other European airliners and decided, that I would not fly with the Turkish Airline, because by doing so, I would be helping the Turkish economy and thereby their government and policies. I actually did not care, that a Turkish airline ticket is half the price of, lets say, the German or Austrian airline ticket!
As you know, I am very verbal in my opposition to Turkish policies!
Strange enough, I have very recently started reading a book about Lawrence of Arabia and it got me thinking and made me aware of my flaw and mistake.
I have never understood, how some people betray their own people and country by helping our enemies like the british and Americans, because of ideological differences with our country’s leadership and establishment. Thinking more about it I discovered, that we muslims have time after time helped destroy our word by thinking, that we are achieving something by helping for example the british to destroy the ottoman empire and thereby not only keep the British empire alive and more powerful but also their dominion over ourselves!
I found myself committing the same fatal mistake of wanting to helping austrian economy instead of a muslim nation!
It also made it clear for me the wisdom of our political leaders and their strategy towards nations like Turkey!
WE MUST NEVER ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE BLINDED BY DISAGREEMENT TO SUCH A LEVEL, THAT IT RESULTS IN OUR WEAKENING OF OUR OMMA.
So I am going to buy a Turkish Airline ticket, because I rather support the Turkish economy and our fellow muslims, than the Austrian Airline!
With regards

I think this Little piece is worth reading for all of us muslims here. But I didn't know where to post this, so the moderators are wellcome to move or delete.
With regards

An apology to the Turks:
I have recently been doing some looking around for plane tickets to Iran. If all goes well I will be visiting the country soon. But It turns out, that Iran Air has stopped flying to Iran from here.
So Looking for other options, I found Turkish airline and some other European airliners and decided, that I would not fly with the Turkish Airline, because by doing so, I would be helping the Turkish economy and thereby their government and policies. I actually did not care, that a Turkish airline ticket is half the price of, lets say, the German or Austrian airline ticket!
Strange enough, I have very recently started reading a book about Lawrence of Arabia and it got me thinking and made me aware of my flaw and mistake.
I have never understood, how some people betray their own people and country by helping our enemies like the british and Americans, because of ideological differences with our country’s leadership and establishment. Thinking more about it I discovered, that we muslims have time after time helped destroy our word by thinking, that we are achieving something by helping for example the british to destroy the ottoman empire and thereby not only keep the British empire alive and more powerful but also their dominion over ourselves!
I found myself committing the same fatal mistake of wanting to helping austrian economy instead of a muslim nation!
It also made it clear for me the wisdom of our political leaders and their strategy towards nations like Turkey!
WE MUST NEVER ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE BLINDED BY DISAGREEMENT TO SUCH A LEVEL, THAT IT RESULTS IN OUR WEAKENING OF OUR OMMA.
So I am going to buy a Turkish Airline ticket, because I rather support the Turkish economy and our fellow muslims, than the Austrian Airline!
With regards

Never too late to repent. I would never chose another country over Iran just because of political matters.Turks maintain a broader mind to world matters than we receive from others.

Even though Iran is messing up our security, is undermining our foreign policy by supporting Assad, Turkey still hasn't boycotted Iran. We are spending millions on Syrian refugees, while Iran spends millions on Assad with arms. I also share the same opinion of the OP but Iran has to change their aggressive dominating attitude since we can't afford to play nice forever. If it comes down to that, everybody will loose in the middle-east.

Even though Iran is messing up our security, is undermining our foreign policy by supporting Assad, Turkey still hasn't boycotted Iran. We are spending millions on Syrian refugees, while Iran spends millions on Assad with arms. I also share the same opinion of the OP but Iran has to change their aggressive dominating attitude since we can't afford to play nice forever. If it comes down to that, everybody will loose in the middle-east.
minute by minute... zaheran hamoon austrian bekhari behtare!! Omma my ***... if omma countries had any brain and wisdom we would have never been in current mess... Iran should build its way...those who want to join are welcomed and those who don't, know their best..so be it... with majority illiterate, superstitious, narrow minded, slave like people ommah is only a fantasy... Iran can never achieve an ommah with these kind of people... a majority tribal community of ommah who are more loyal to their tribe sheikhs than their government deserve current mess... even in Iran most of times troubles are with tribal arab and baluchi Iranians... people who don't know how to unite under one national flag can't never unite in larger scales like ommah...

With regards

An apology to the Turks:
With regards
Well my mom's Turkish and my father Iranian (Fars). I'm always quite amused by the Turkish/Iranian fanboyism. It's all cool I guess.

However proud I am of Osmanli Imperatorlugu, the Arabs in my modern view didn't 'betray' their 'own' 'country' or whatever. It was an empire, simple as that. The Ottoman Empire was almost as big as the Roman Empire. Quite a lot of 'peoples' and religions under one umbrella. Even though some would say 'muslim betrayal', I don't buy that. Lets see Turkiye live under Arab rule. Hayir canim. Impossible. Or Iran for that matter. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

Iran and Turkey for the past 100 years give or take, have had an understanding. Two biggest countries in the ME just can't be at each others throat. Even though there seems to be some animosity today, it isn't goint to spill over into anything serious. If and when Iran can be opened up, trade between the two nations will be so big, there will never be anything that can't be solved diplomatically. Look at Europe. European nations joined at the hip merely through trade (Germany and France).

BTW, how can I put in the Iranian and Turkish flag if I'm based in the Netherlands? Sagol Tassakor.

Well my mom's Turkish and my father Iranian (Fars). I'm always quite amused by the Turkish/Iranian fanboyism. It's all cool I guess.

However proud I am of Osmanli Imperatorlugu, the Arabs in my modern view didn't 'betray' their 'own' 'country' or whatever. It was an empire, simple as that. The Ottoman Empire was almost as big as the Roman Empire. Quite a lot of 'peoples' and religions under one umbrella. Even though some would say 'muslim betrayal', I don't buy that. Lets see Turkiye live under Arab rule. Hayir canim. Impossible. Or Iran for that matter. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

Iran and Turkey for the past 100 years give or take, have had an understanding. Two biggest countries in the ME just can't be at each others throat. Even though there seems to be some animosity today, it isn't goint to spill over into anything serious. If and when Iran can be opened up, trade between the two nations will be so big, there will never be anything that can't be solved diplomatically. Look at Europe. European nations joined at the hip merely through trade (Germany and France).

BTW, how can I put in the Iranian and Turkish flag if I'm based in the Netherlands? Sagol Tassakor.

Welcome to the forum dear. So can you speak both Persian and Turkish?

Welcome to the forum dear. So can you speak both Persian and Turkish?
Well yes of course:) I feel privileged. Hale Shoma? Doesn't Farsi written in Latin just make you laugh. Sadly I didn't go to Farsi school for long as a kid and as a consequence never really learned to write/read it. Maybe the Shah should have taken a page from Ataturk xD

Take a coin and toss it if its heads you put Turkiye's flag on....tails you put Iran's ! :unsure:

The location flag has to remain that of the Netherlands as thats where you're 'located' ! :undecided:
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid so. Well, I'll just change it from time to time. Guess I'll never be accepted by either side anyways:D

Well yes of course:) I feel privileged. Hale Shoma? Doesn't Farsi written in Latin just make you laugh. Sadly I didn't go to Farsi school for long as a kid and as a consequence never really learned to write/read it. Maybe the Shah should have taken a page from Ataturk xD

So you can write/read it in Latin. Well that'll still do the job. And you also know Turkish as it seems. Add it to Dutch and English, and you can talk 4 languages.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Given the usual fights between Turks/Iranians here, I think as a hybrid/half blood, you can play the mediator role. :D

@Sinan @xenon54

Well yes dar Holland be donya omadam. I'll try my best. It'll be a handfull won't it? Sadly and very regrettably, I've never been to Iran. I want to go so bad. I've always been in Turkey with my Turkish side of the family, but I've only seen my Iranian family a few times, mostly my dad flew them over into Turkey.

My dad fled Iran in the early 80's, he was a Communist can you believe that? He regrets it with all of his being. He can't go back, since he was in jail. Possibly to be 'finished'. He doesn't talk about it a lot. I want to go, but he's afraid of me having to possibly serve in the military or perhaps other problems. Well, I hope the possible nuclear deal might lessen tensions a bit, and he and I can go visit our country, which he hasn't seen in 30 years. Qabre padar bozorgesh va bibish natonest bebine. Badbagd. Anyway, he isn't a dissident. He knows the alternatives.

Awwww you can be an Honorary Pakistani then ! :smokin:

As long as you can hold this position for 15 minutes you can become one of us :whistle: :-

View attachment 215614

I'll try my best:D I have a Pakistani friend in NL, a punjabi, and I believe he wouldn't be able to pull that off! Double standards!

@IR-TR

You should always be prepared for a friendly fire.:D

Hala jeddan zabune maro mifahmi?
Bale mifamam. Wali neveshtanesh geli zeshte haha. Are padaram Irooniye. Hamishe Farsi sohbat mikonim.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom