What's new

Americans building bunkers all over Pakistan

Man they got all worked up about an old man Fai, doing humanity a favor by pushing for the Kashmir cause, and on the flipside they are building illegal bunkers and acting nonchalant about it!

Honest question:
What's the need to fortify their embassies when they already have 3 bases in the country. Pakistan military has already forced them to evacuate Shamsi.

50-us-bases-in-the-middle-east-a.jpg

How many houses in the subcontinent conform to the building plans??

anyway, both you and I know the reasons :)

As a person with experience in building one and exceeding 2 feet in length for a balcony, I had a cop knock down my door threatening to arrest me or have the out of plan designs torn down immediately (he was looking for a bribe).

But the scrutiny is there big time. You roam around in Karachi's outskirts and you'll see court notices placed on houses being threatened legal action since a lot of stuff over there has been modified beyond specifications.

These aren't any slum areas, in these areas they check everything.

ISI spooks have nothing better to do. Vailay bethay hain saaray.

Oh no, they are busy controlling the situation, and this one involved getting the CDA to act as thier front. This is part of the message to CIA to play by the ISI's rules on local turf, nothing more. The cover story ties in with keeping the anti-US fervor riled up.

Both actions make sense.

no its not a spook/...its reality that CIA is relentlessly spending money and expertise in promoting terrorism in pakistan.
multiple times their operatives have been caught in dubious circumstances.....you dont beleive it...you may not..i do and most do....and fir good reasons.

I know what CIA is doing there, and I accept it. There is no denying facts. However, the money being spent in NOT to promote terrorism but to kill it.

Man they got all worked up about an old man Fai, doing humanity a favor by pushing for the Kashmir cause, and on the flipside they are building illegal bunkers and acting nonchalant about it!

Dr. Fai messed up his paperwork; you never try to cheat the taxman.

This is just a secure warehouse. A real bunker is really something to behold.

Oh no, they are busy controlling the situation, and this one involved getting the CDA to act as thier front. This is part of the message to CIA to play by the ISI's rules on local turf, nothing more. The cover story ties in with keeping the anti-US fervor riled up.
When you do it, its news story - when we do it, its conspiracy theory.

Both actions make sense.
Or its simple that after Raymond Davis, Johnathan banks, drone attacks, Osama Raid, DynCorp, Xe, Hyperion - the CIA probably was involved in another set of illegal activities in Pakistan? No? You draw the line of concrete blocks? CIA is too nice to build bunkers?

I know what CIA is doing there, and I accept it. There is no denying facts. However, the money being spent in NOT to promote terrorism but to kill it.
And a few expendable Pakistanis (like Faizan, Faheem) when they feel like it. What they are doing is irreparable harm to Pakistan and your acceptance of it would be criminal from the Pakistani point of view.

Dr. Fai messed up his paperwork; you never try to cheat the taxman.

This is just a secure warehouse. A real bunker is really something to behold.
One that they forgot to fill in the paper work for :). See how that works?

But aapko sau khoon maaf hain!

When you do it, its news story - when we do it, its conspiracy theory.

I am merely stating how the CDA would be involved to act, since their usual resolution is to find out who is the powerbroker behind the issue and arrange for a payoff. Nothing gets into the news, unless someone wants it in the news.

You know that is the truth.

Or its simple that after Raymond Davis, Johnathan banks, drone attacks, Osama Raid, DynCorp, Xe, Hyperion - the CIA probably was involved in another set of illegal activities in Pakistan? No? You draw the line of concrete blocks? CIA is too nice to build bunkers?

There is no need for bunkers because they are immoveable. Secure houses whose contents can be moved make much more sense. Please think about that for a moment.

And a few expendable Pakistanis (like Faizan, Faheem) when they feel like it. What they are doing is irreparable harm to Pakistan and your acceptance of it would be criminal from the Pakistani point of view.

Either they were ISI operatives, in which case they will get the equivalent of a star in the ISI lobby, or they were budding thieves who bit off more than they could chew. I do not support their killing either way.

The irreparable harm that is being done to Pakistan is not being done by the US, but by Pakistanis themselves. That is far more criminal than anything I am saying or doing.

One that they forgot to fill in the paper work for :). See how that works?

Of course I see that. This is the ISI's version for tit-for-tat being played out, plain and simple.

But aapko sau khoon maaf hain!

Bhai sahib, sau khoon maaf karaaney kay liye pehlay sadiyoon kee mehnat lagtee hai. Aap bhi ker lein.

US Embassy unhappy with civic agency’s ‘adventure’
By Azam Khan / Umer Nangiana
Published: October 2, 2011
ISLAMABAD: The US Embassy Saturday lodged a strong protest with the Foreign Office over the seizure of its warehouse in the industrial area of the city. The move came after the Capital Development Authority (CDA) and a police team sealed the building in sector I-9/3 on Friday for “violations of building laws”.
According to official sources, the US Embassy told the Foreign Office that it was against diplomatic protocols for the police to occupy a foreign mission’s property. One of the top officials of the embassy paid a visit to the Foreign Office and expressed embassy’s concern over the issue, sources said.
The Foreign Office referred the complaint to CDA chairperson, an official said. In its reply, CDA stated that they had no record of the sealed premises being rented out to the US Embassy or any other foreign mission.
The US official also reportedly told the Foreign Office that the issue was unnecessarily highlighted in the media by CDA to damage the image of the embassy and its officials. The embassy official also singled out a senior official of the civic agency for this untoward situation. Sources, however, said CDA conducted the raid at the US Embassy’s structure on the basis of intelligence reports that pointed towards “suspicious activities” in the building.
US Embassy Spokesperson Mark Stroh said no illegal construction was underway at the warehouse. “It was only renovation work.”
When asked about the US ambassador’s meeting with Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on the issue, he said, “I would say embassy officials are speaking with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and CDA.”
CDA, on the other hand, justified its actions to the Foreign Office without directly mentioning the US Embassy. CDA officials said that they were in correspondence with the owner of the plot, Mehboob Elahi, over the matter.
Elahi, who is a director at International Beverages, had sought to change his plot’s status from beverages to warehouse, officials said. “After the clearance of dues and issuance of trade change permission by CDA as per policy on August 10, the allottee started construction of the warehouse without getting the building plans approved from CDA,” the reply stated. “Notices, on December 21 and 29, 2010 and September 17 and 28, 2011, were issued to the allottee, which were not complied with,” the CDA stated.
Consequently, the case was submitted to the authority for legal action; the premises were sealed by the civic agency in the presence of the senior special magistrate on September 30, CDA stated. Enforcement staff has also been deputed on the premises.
Without mentioning the name of the complainant (US Embassy’s official), CDA reply said, “On the account of the violations committed by the allottee of the plot, trade change permission has also been withdrawn.”
Published in The Express Tribune, October 2nd, 2011.
US Embassy unhappy with civic agency

Well, our country, CDA is the authority in the city, they do as they please. What is the fuss about?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Honest question:
What's the need to fortify their embassies when they already have 3 bases in the country. Pakistan military has already forced them to evacuate Shamsi.

uh, they have a base in Jacobabad and Pasni, that's new.

Honest question:

The map does not show bases in Azerbaijan, Georgia, Jordan and the Israeli bases along on the Indian border with Pakistan.

Dont be worried for me i live in the UK.
Dont worry about Islamabad or Pakistan. They are well capable to look after themselves. They have been able to keep themselves safe so far from their noisy neighbours and will continue to do so. If there is one thing coming out of Pakistan thats top quality its the army and what they have emalgamated in the last 30 years or so. No one is going to attack Pakistan. No one is daft enough.

okay insaallah may be no one to attack pakistan as it is in Our interest

That is incorrect.

That is what I have heard. Israel has set up bases in India along Pakistani border spying on Pakistan. If I am not wrong Pakistan Air Force even shot down an Israeli drone which had flown from one of these bases into Pakistan with star of David an Made in Israel written on it.

Isn't it interesting that the PDF leadership like Asim titles the thread "American building bunkers all over Pakistan" when the real story is a paperwork issue on one warehouse in Islamabad? Talk about pushing an agenda to the point of losing all judgement!

How about editing the title to something more realistic like "CDA raids US Embassy warehouse for paperwork issue"?

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

That is what I have heard. Israel has set up bases in India along Pakistani border spying on Pakistan. If I am not wrong Pakistan Air Force even shot down an Israeli drone which had flown from one of these bases into Pakistan with star of David an Made in Israel written on it.

Drones can be launched from anywhere. They do not need bases, and Israel definitely does not have any bases in India.

Isn't it interesting that the PDF leadership like Asim titles the thread "American building bunkers all over Pakistan" when the real story is a paperwork issue on one warehouse in Islamabad? Talk about pushing an agenda to the point of losing all judgement!

How about editing the title to something more realistic like "CDA raids US Embassy warehouse for paperwork issue"?

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Drones can be launched from anywhere. They do not need bases, and Israel definitely does not have any bases in India.
How many bomb proof ware houses Pakistan has in US?

No response?

Back
Top Bottom