What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Frankly, I dont believe that with Abbotabad just 6 months old, Pakistan military has stepped down from an alert status on the Western border..There is something which none of us is aware of at this time which may/may not come out some where down the line

I cannot agree or disagree with you there.
There is much more to know on the effectiveness of the American espionage and infiltration effort in Pakistan's military.

Investigation report should be out soon....Lets see what NATO says after that.

I assume since the whole camp knew that they were attacked by helis, they did come within the visual range of the camp..
I believe ISPR reports indicated air strikes - not necessarily 'helicopter strikes' - examination of the posts after the incident along with accounts by the survivors would have made clear the kinds of weapons used - the Taliban tend to use RPG's and mortars at the most.
Pakistan has been fighting this war on its western border since years. Plus has been consistently claiming NATO's air space violations. What is Paksitan waiting for before providing this coverage. I would have expected for this to be done on a war footing after May..And remember, 2 Hours long assault..
Pakistani has been fighting this war against the taliban for years, not against the US/NATO - the OBL incident would have been the first major cause for concern

But, as I pointed out earlier, Pakistan's CAS is lacking even when it comes to supporting troops that come under Taliban ambushes - there is a lack of coordination and/or capability here, especially when it comes to night time operations.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

err.. mortars?
Indirect fire, and inaccurate without spotters/scouts to redirect fire, especially at night.

Not really a good explanation.

Investigation report should be out soon....Lets see what NATO says after that.

Without being cynical - it will depend on who actually does the investigating. Nato have in the past have managed to make lies true and vise versa. One must and cannot question the death of soldiers unprovoked and at night. I almost sense its almost as if it was cowards working overtime. Shame on all involved. Pray again for the brave defenders of our nation

Chill out man ... Aik do din gherat ka bukhar charhay ga aur phir hum purani tankhawa par "kam" jari karain gay

I feel really sorry for the men who lost their lives today. But there is nothing more which Pakistan can do right now in presence of current leadership (both military and political)... as said by Iqbal

Hai Jurme Zaifi Ki Saza Marg e Mafajaat!

(Death of your interests is the punishment of your weakness)

well said sir

Pakistan must demand NATO for those murderers as well as compensation for the families of those soilders which should be, 0.8million US$ for injured, 2million US$ for martyred soilders & 2.8million US$ for commanders.

As for the first paragraph, I have not seen the ISPR statement personally myself, nor have I heard it, what I said was exactly what was said to me by a Brigadier in the Armed Forces related to that area. So stop spewing nonsense. The area was cleared, everybody knows it , if you have contacts within. And 2 posts were not eliminated. Rather it was one post, or rather Company HQ , not a post, and it was attacked twice by helis.

As for the bolded part, just shows the respect for UN you guys have. This way, Iran has full rights to deny entry of IAEA people into their country.

And nowhere has it been said that it is national interest, and you have no proof so say other wise. The terrorists that attacked NATO in the first place, were not from across the border, they were on the Afghan side, and then fled into the pakistani side, as said by the NATO chief.

Why did the helis come there?

How did they possibly cross 2.5 km into Pak territory , is NATO so inept?

Was the pilot blind?

Stop spewing BS .

Look, I have also been travelling all day and the information that I gathered has been mostly from this thread. But I have a link here that says that 2 posts were strafed.

Afghans Say Pakistan Fired First in NATO Attack - WSJ.com

Further, it is all murky as to the cause of the incident. The Afghans claim that ISAF came under attack from the posts while they were moving against the terrorists. This modus operandi will not be suprising from PA, as ISAF has earlier too made claims that PA gives cover fire to the terrorists when ISAF moves in against them. So it is as probable that it would be a similar incident in this case too.

Why did they move in 2.5 Kilometers? Well you got to see the daylight once again. It is now an affirmed policy of NATO and US that they will remove people who will try to aid the terrorists. It was stated as clearly by US establishment after the Kabul Embassy sieze. That is in fact when Pakistan Army tried to hold off pressure and the "national interest" arose as the latest of the jargons in this murky saga of bedding with the Haqqanis.

You would ask, and also another member asked earlier, what is the evidence of that. The evidence depends on which side one looks at. The US has been claiming that for long and mullen's statement was tantamount to even more than complicity of aiding and abetting. So take your pick. I took mine right after OBL was found juxtaposed to PMA in Abbottabad.

Re the commission of this act, I do not believe that the Pilot was blind or that this is an error. I also do not believe that this could have been possible without the green wire inputs from NATO/US top brass. This is not a battlefield but more a strategy decision. The fact that the terrorist were chased in to Pakistan and the fact that ISAF claims that they took fire from PA, it futher establishes that ISAF have decided that they will not allow PA to cover for the terrorists anymore.

Someone said that the region is cleared, yet the terrorists were escaping in to Pakistan in that exact region. So I will not give in to the temptation of believing that the region is cleared of the right kind of terrorists by PA.

Re UN mandate and respect for international organizations, let us say that ISAF and US decided that they want to do a few things in the interest of their soldiers / national interest. That will not be an alien concept in the equation. Will it.

Hence my assertion that this is not a localized situation, this reflects larger policy change by US and NATO. They will not tolerate the protection that PA is seeking to provide to Taliban. The ball is now in Pakistan's court. If the Generals are still seeking to harbour the assets then they better now do it with less arrogance and visibility. At least keep the regulars out of harms way and do not put their lives on line. Rawalpindi is a comfortable place to take decisions from since the impact is so far away, however the chain is as strong as the weakest link.

Pakistan must demand NATO for those murderers as well as compensation for the families of those soilders which should be, 0.8million US$ for injured, 2million US$ for martyred soilders & 2.8million US$ for commanders.

Did you get this quote from Zardari ? Shyte man how can we even think about this.We want these bastards to be killed mercilessly as they did with our soldiers.

ridiculous .. shame on you

how a soldier's life is than a commander's life and why you are giving figure. they are invaluable

Hence my assertion that this is not a localized situation, this reflects larger policy change by US and NATO. They will not tolerate the protection that PA is seeking to provide to Taliban. The ball is now in Pakistan's court. If the Generals are still seeking to harbour the assets then they better now do it with less arrogance and visibility. At least keep the regulars out of harms way and do not put their lives on line. Rawalpindi is a comfortable place to take decisions from since the impact is so far away, however the chain is as strong as the weakest link.

One question: Good to see your Anti Pakistan rhetoric on work again. Anyways how are you going to confirm that they were indeed chasing the terrorists and it wasn't some trigger happy NATO soldiers who over dose with his night drinks?

Or is it just because of Pakistan and your bigotry with it that you are saying this.

Get it straight people , it all about attacking Muslim countries and killing us , etiher we defend our selves and retaliate or forever perrish!!! Its NOW OR NEVER!!

Most of your camp is resting, suddenly all hell breaks loose and people are dead.. you spend 5 minutes just trying to figure out what happened and then you get hit again.
the 2nd one was challenged.. albeit in futility.

What Afghans claim is totally different. They claim that they came under fire first. Also the fact that PA is claiming that there were support troops sent in also conveys that no-one was sleeping. Regarding surprise that PAF was conspicous in absentia, calling in air support would have meant that Pakistan public could have been condoling many more of their men today. The objective was always to keep the situation localized and send a message to ISAF. The ISAF though clearly had different thoughts about how the dialogue should actually work.

Did you get this quote from Zardari ? Shyte man how can we even think about this.We want these bastards to be killed mercilessly as they did with our soldiers.

You took it in wrong way, I said, PAKISTAN MUST DEMAND NATO FOR THOSE MURDERERS, this means Pakistan should demand NATO to hand over those murderers in Pakistan custody.

Next part is as well as compensation for the families of those soilders which should be, 0.8million US$ for injured, 2million US$ for martyred soilders & 2.8million US$ for commanders., the families who had lost their loved ones & perhaps the sole income of their entire house must get some money or do you suggest they become beggers? Obviously those martyrs cannot come back & obviously there is no money equal to their precious lives & feeling they had for Pakistan but compensation is must for their families to survive. So think once befor posting crap.

Pakistan military top comand needs to re-visit its tatics, the difference between pak army & nato was close air support, it appears that our guys dont have close air support whether its war against terror or war against balouch separatist

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom