What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

I have always maintained that there is never going to be a need for direct confrontation; merely a slow and steady tightening of the noose already in place will do the job just fine over the next few years. What's the rush? :(

Because the US doesn't get any advantage by a slow & steady tightening of the noose over Pakistan.

we need a sit in front of sea port like tehreer square until gop comes out and say it loudly to the world " wot is over " as far as we r concerned

TARIQ

The worst enemies of Pakistan are inside Pakistan itself, all cloaked in patriotic respectability before a gullible people.

Yes, it is this patriotic respectability that violates Pakistan's sovereignty, & kills Pakistani soldiers & civilians. Oh wait, it's the US drone strikes & helicopters that do that. I'm disappointed in you. I know you don't like it when others show patriotism for Pakistan, but at least have some respect for others that have a different opinions to yours.

Asalaam alikum wr wb;

Perfect response...exactly my thought. All supply routes must be permanently closed. And 25 martyred Pak soldiers blood must be compensated equally, blood for blood !

Their leaders (military or civilian) are not like our's, just forget about them being brought to justice. They fight for their citizens no matter what, even of they are guilty they will try to get them the least possible sentence. Their dogs in Pakistan (our leaders civilian and military) don't care about the common man, they only care about the bag of meat (US $) thrown to them by their masters.

You need to learn to differentiate between constructive criticism and outright hatred. Going by your record, you've still got a lot to learn. Pakistan does not need "patriots" like you, it needs critics like Mastaan or VCheng and their likes.

Yet, Mr Cheng doesn't like it when I demonstrate the same attitude for the US that he does for Pakistan, asking me to take my US citizenship seriously.

Because the US doesn't get any advantage by a slow & steady tightening of the noose over Pakistan.

Slow or quick, as long as the goals are met, USA would not care.

There is no death of Pakistan soldiers by the raid. This report is based on NATO history, not US stealth helicopters.

Ah I see. That makes sense now.

ON Friday, the Nato commander in Afghanistan met the Pakistani army chief in Islamabad to discuss communication and coordination across the Pak-Afghan border. Less than 24 hours later, troops at a Pakistani border check post in Mohmand became targets of Nato fire. Twenty-four of them died, according to the Pakistan military, and the incident appears to be the deadliest of its kind; a similar strike in September 2010 took the lives of two soldiers and another in June 2008 killed 11.

The Pakistani administration`s reaction seemed designed not just to handle the issue domestically but also to send a strong — and justified — signal to the US that this matter was not taken lightly. There was a flurry of activity in Islamabad and Rawalpindi on Saturday, with the prime minister placing phone calls to major political parties and rushing back from Multan to convene an emergency meeting of the cabinet`s defence committee. Gen Kayani called a meeting of senior army officers and declared the incident unacceptable, disapproval was conveyed in Washington and Brussels, and Nato supply routes to Afghanistan were blocked. Given the nature of the incident, the reaction was entirely warranted. Previous such incidents have been described as the result of miscommunication or of mistakes that took place during the pursuit, or perceived pursuit, of militants. And it is true that Mohmand is an area through which militants do cross the border. But the fact that the strike was aimed at a military check post, and that a large group was targeted (there were reportedly about 40 soldiers at the post), makes that a tenuous explanation in this case. Only a thorough probe can settle the issue, and in promising one the Isaf chief has done the right thing. But Pakistan must be included in the investigation, and if a mistake was made, Nato must commit to ensuring that its troops will not repeat it in the future. Regardless of the outcome, a formal apology is also required.

Coming at a time when US-Pakistan ties had barely begun to recover, if at all, the incident`s timing is also particularly unfortunate for that relationship. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton`s visit last month had begun to improve the atmosphere somewhat after the latest controversy over the Haqqani network, but this threatens to sour relations and derail cooperation. The Pak-Afghan border has become increasingly dangerous for both countries, with incursions and attacks taking place in both directions. The need is for more cooperation, not less. But the mistrust that an incident like this can foster will do nothing to bring that about.

Dawn News

I agree, no country would rescue Pakistan. What I am saying, US is not just focus only on Pakistan but also Russia and China South Sea. US can't afford attack Pakistan in open war. Please my dear Indian friend, thank you for your advices. I suggest you to dance now for the death of martyrs.

Why would I ?

I have nothing to gain by either crying or dancing. Don't get hyper-excited.

I think that the civil dis-obedience movement to permanently block the supply routes such as that you mention will be a failure.

We don't know what consequences it will have. But it will do two things regardless:

- it will get ordinary Pakistanis to actually do something THEMSELVES instead of complaining about others (corrupt politicians and weak generals). Who knows? it might actually change the political landscape for the better simply by setting a precedent of actions instead of complaining.

- it will complicate America's relationships in Europe and the CARs by pitting it head-on against Russia. Pakistan is a poor country; we cannot possibly take on NATO militarily, but at least we can divert them through a much tougher neighborhood (diplomatically speaking).

- yes, America will retaliate through economic blackmail, and we should brace for it. The good news is that American arrogance has gotten the better of their prudence and they have alienated major players on the world stage. And America will have to work much harder to make the case for punishing Pakistan. It's one thing to punish us for allegedly supporting Taliban; but to punish a country for an antii-war civil disobedience movement -- especially when growing majorities within NATO itself are tired of the war? It's a much tougher PR campaign.

What has happened is merely an appetizer. The main dish is yet to be served, followed by several other courses. The people of Pakistan are not the problem; it is merely the elite cabal in power.

You're right, it's merely an appetizer. I must say it's a good appetizer, & the main dish will be even better:

In Pakistan, downturn in major Taliban attacks brings cautious optimism - CSMonitor.com

I have gathered data from reputable internal assessment reports & various think tanks, & analyzed how Pakistan has fared in 2009, 2010 & 2011 from the WOT, to see the trends of violence from terrorism, broken up into different regions. The figures for 2011 are updated till October 15, 2011.
Terrorism includes suicide bombings, bombings, gun shootings, target killings & other forms of violence.

These are the results I generated for Pakistan from 2009-2011:

untitled-19.jpg

untitledj.jpg

untitleda-1.jpg

untitledb.jpg

untitledc.jpg

untitledd.jpg

untitledi.jpg

untitledh.jpg

Please do not use this thread for trolling, flaming or baiting. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't post here. I would like to have a serious discussion here.

The reality is America is way too strong for Pakistan. WHATEVER Pakistan tries to do can be very easily countered by America.Its just not Pakistan , I cannot think of any country in this world that can look USA in the eye and say that what u did in Iraq was wrong,what u did in afghanistan was wrong, what u r doing in Pakistan is wrong and what u r going to do in Iran is wrong.... No one can bring America to justice.American lives are more precious than those of other citizen of this world and that it is real

I am in a position to say that USA military is light years ahead. What u see in public domain is NOTHING

We don't know what consequences it will have. But it will do two things regardless:

- it will get ordinary Pakistanis to actually do something THEMSELVES instead of complaining about others (corrupt politicians and weak generals). Who knows? it might actually change the political landscape for the better simply by setting a precedent of actions instead of complaining.

- it will complicate America's relationships in Europe and the CARs by pitting it head-on against Russia. Pakistan is a poor country; we cannot possibly take on NATO militarily, but at least we can divert them through a much tougher neighborhood (diplomatically speaking).

- yes, America will retaliate through economic blackmail, and we should brace for it. The good news is that American arrogance has gotten the better of their prudence and they have alienated major players on the world stage.

Good points, let's wait and see if what you propose comes to pass.

Slow or quick, as long as the goals are met, USA would not care.

The US does not want to slowly & steadily tighten the noose over Pakistan, that goes against US interests in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom