What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Not necessarily, people say 'I'm sorry for your loss.' But further investigation is required.

You did not get the meaning it seems. Condolences, and apology, are entirely two different things.

Two cases:

1. You are my enemy, I kill you, and offer my heartfelt condolences to your wife. Does it mean I regret killing you? Hell no, I would think I rightly killed you and do not regret it, but I feel bad for your wife.

2. You look like my enemy but you are NOT my enemy, I kill you, and later realize my mistake. I offer my most sincere apologies and I deeply regret killing you because what I did was wrong and your death is my loss as well.

Cameron Munter's expression falls in the first scenario. And that is not an apology. An apology is offered only when you regret what you did, and you know what you did was a mistake and was wrong.

Altaf appeals to observe 'solidarity & integrity day of Pakistan'

Updated 56 minutes ago

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Chief Altaf Hussain has strongly condemned NATO attacks on Pakistani check posts and appealed to the nation to observe 'solidarity and integrity day of Pakistan' on Monday, November 28, Geo News reported.

This he said while talking to MQM Rabitta Committee members in London and Pakistan after telephonic conversation with Interior Minister Rehman Malik late Saturday night.

Rabitta Committee members termed the NATO/US attack in Mohmand agency against integrity of the country and vowed to observe 'national solidarity'.

Altaf Hussain endorsed the decision of Rabitta Committee and directed the party workers to remove party flags from their houses, offices and other places and hoist national flag to show 'national solidarity'.

He also appealed to all political, religious parties and citizens of the country to observe 'solidarity and integrity day of Pakistan' on Monday November 28.

So that backs up my point? Pakistan wouldn't be able to respond to an american attack.

NATO did what it did today, and we can nuke guys instead, or give nukes to some jehadist in morroco, libya etc, uncle sam wont come saving you

Pakistan doesn't have the means to launch a nuke attack on American mainland.

Not directly, but any nuclear nation which has a problem with the US can simply "donate" a nuke to any anti-US network. It's one of America's biggest fears actually, and one of the biggest reasons why they don't invade countries with nukes.

Also:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...-class-submarines-china-2-type-054a-ffgs.html

These Qing-class submarines that Pakistan is acquiring, can launch nuclear-tipped cruise missiles with a range of several thousand kilometres.

If America wants to fight a nuclear-armed nation, then they would fight North Korea first. North Korea already made several lethal and repeated attacks on an American ally (South Korea), with no response from America.

North Korea also has only a few fission bombs, and no means to provide such bombs to anti-US networks who might target the American mainland.

Pakistan on the other hand, has hundreds of nuclear weapons and missiles. Not only would they use them against regional US bases, but would most certainly provide some to anti-US groups to use against the American mainland.

But the fact remains, America has never once directly attacked a nuclear-armed nation. Even the threat of one loose nuke is too much for them. They are free to prove me wrong... by finally retaliating against North Korea. I'll believe it when I see it.
Hmmm maybe. But has the US ever been attacked directly by a nuclear nation? I'm sure they would react then.

Hmmm maybe. But has the US ever been attacked directly by a nuclear nation? I'm sure they would react then.

Could be, though I doubt Pakistan will ever launch any direct attacks on the US mainland without provocation.

If America wants to fight a nuclear-armed nation, then they would fight North Korea first. North Korea already made several lethal and repeated attacks on an American ally (South Korea), with no response from America.

North Korea also has only a few fission bombs, and no means to provide such bombs to anti-US networks who might target the American mainland.

Pakistan on the other hand, has hundreds of nuclear weapons and missiles. Not only would they use them against regional US bases, but would most certainly provide some to anti-US groups to use against the American mainland.

But the fact remains, America has never once directly attacked a nuclear-armed nation. Even the threat of one loose nuke is too much for them. They are free to prove me wrong... by finally retaliating against North Korea. I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly US doesn't dare attack North Korea because their Government is strong, tough, and hawkish and is nuclear armed. Pakistan is also nuclear armed but lacks the independent hawkish government.

It all comes down to Government's willingness. Pakistan is more then capable of retaliating and destroying enemy targets in AFG, it's the traitorous Government. The West knows the GoP is soft and corrupt therefore they engage in these attacks because they know they can get away with it.

Martyred Soilder's family.

RIP all those who are martyred, Pakistan Salutes you.:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not directly, but any nuclear nation which has a problem with the US can simply "donate" a nuke to any anti-US network. It's one of America's biggest fears actually.

Also:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-...-class-submarines-china-2-type-054a-ffgs.html

These Qing-class submarines that Pakistan is acquiring, can launch nuclear-tipped cruise missiles with a range of several thousand kilometres.

And what do you think happens when US traces back the nuke which destroyed one of its cities to Pakistan(through nuclear forensics)? Do you think Pakistan will even have slightest chance of surviving against US.

Besides that news of qing class submarine with long range cruise missiles is fanboi fantasy..no deal has been signed, nor their has been any news on in it from govt offices.

And what do you think happens when US traces back the nuke which destroyed one of its cities to Pakistan(through nuclear forensics)? Do you think Pakistan will even have slightest chance of surviving against US.

Do Pakistan have a chance of surviving? Absolutely yes.

They are a nuclear-armed nation with the 6th biggest population in the world. Even if we're just talking about "conventional" capabilities, compare Pakistan to the tiny nations of Vietnam/Afghanistan who the USA spent decades on without victory.

Secondly, if there really was a nuclear crisis in the subcontinent, we all know that Pakistan is going to take down India with them.

Thirdly, most importantly... America has never once attacked a nuclear armed nation. They fear that the nukes will be lost to anti-US networks and end up back on American soil. They can prove me wrong, by finally retaliating against North Korea.

FO summons US ambassador to lodge protest

ISLAMABAD: On the instructions from Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir on Saturday called in US Ambassador Cameron Munter to lodge a strong protest on the unprovoked NATO/ISAF attack on Pakistan border posts in the Mohmand Agency.

The Foreign Secretary conveyed to the US Ambassador that the unprovoked attack by NATO/ISAF aircraft on border posts in which 24 Pakistani troops lost their lives and another 13 were injured, had deeply incensed the Government and the people of Pakistan, according to a press statement issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

"The President, the Prime Minister and the Government of Pakistan strongly condemn the attacks which were totally unacceptable, constituted a grave infringement of Pakistan's sovereignty, were in violation of international law and a serious transgression of the oft conveyed red lines and could have serious repercussions on Pakistan-US/NATO/ISAF cooperation", the statement said.

The Ambassador was informed that the Prime Minister had convened an emergency meeting of the Defence Committee of the Cabinet to evaluate the situation arising from these uncalled for attacks by NATO/ISAF forces.

Strong protest have also been lodged in Washington and at the NATO Headquarters in Brussels, the statement added. (APP)

FO summons US ambassador to lodge protest

So your position is not 'consistent' when you advocate in favor of 'injustice and inequality' on the international stage, while arguing that the same 'injustice and inequality' on the domestic stage perpetuates a 'negative and destructive status quo' - the same 'negative and destructive status quo' is also being perpetuated on the international stage through GoP capitulation to 'ground realities'.

My position is entirely consistent; you confuse that with the patent unjust and unequal realities that I accept and support consistently.

International geopolitics has always been, is, and will always be above concepts of justice and equality. However, the application of these concepts as internal social programs gives a nation the strength to pursue its interests in the international arena, and not otherwise.

In order to come out of the present situation intact, Pakistan must embark on true internal reforms that provide justice, freedom and economic opportunity, as Asim says and I agree. It must also drop its support of terrorism as state policy, and the Army must become subservient to civilian authority. However, I admit that this is a tall order indeed and may not be possible to achieve.

That is the more important war, not the one that everybody is concentrating on.

Could be, though I doubt Pakistan will ever launch any direct attacks on the US mainland without provocation.

There is a saying 100 Sheep led by a Lion is greater than 100 Lions led by a Sheep.

Right now Pakistan is 100 Lions led by a Sheep. Until Pakistan is led by a Lion things will not change.

Do Pakistan have a chance of surviving? Absolutely yes.

They are a nuclear-armed nation with the 6th biggest population in the world. Even if we're just talking about "conventional" capabilities, compare Pakistan to the tiny nations of Vietnam/Afghanistan who the USA spent decades on without victory.

Secondly, if there really was a nuclear crisis in the subcontinent, we all know that Pakistan is going to take down India with them.

Thank you my friend. The enemies of Pakistan want Pakistan to take orders from the United States and NATO because they know that will destroy Pakistan and they would be happy to see that happening. They should continue dreaming.

Maybe the current Zardari government have slavery inferiority complex to these Americans/Europeans (like many other south asian people do) but not the Army and not the most popular politician in Pakistan today, Imran Khan. U.S./NATO days are numbered in the region. Maybe Pakistan wont fight NATO directly but Pakistan will most likely fight them indirectly.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom