What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Good reminding:

"Remember in Wiki Leaks the Pakistani politicians told the Americans that they will protest in public but support in private"

It is famous Pakistani styles and tactics. :pakistan:

that's for drone strikes on militants. there was no such cable on support/protest on attacks on Pakistani soldiers.

You learn and change from history and maybe Pakistan needs to do the same? If your writ does not run in an area you claim to be yours than the area is not yours.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

It can and its more important now to allow Journalists into this area and let them report the truth. We all deserve the truth! Punish all who are guilty.

What will the journalists do?

Why such mistakes only happen by NATO? Could one believe that highly sophisticated military machine like NATO cannot be clear as to where Pakistani posts are? Such advanced technology and information system and they confuse who is who?
These weren't even drones; these were real people in aircrafts with real targets. Are these operations that ill planned and impulsive? I'm not giving an opinion, I'm just saying think before you have one.. without biases. This incident just makes me wonder if they can go wrong here, how wrong/misjudged might the drone targets be?! I can't even bring myself to think about the civilian casualties that might have happened.

No, we do not know, and we should wait, although the real story might not ever come out in the public.

But I find it really really hard to believe how the pilot or the area commander could have mistook a HQ for a Taliban haven.

The actual story will come for sure, but it will take time. It was no secret operation, so many troops involved. But it will still take time to come out. That is why I am saying that we should wait for PA's take on this, and then with all the information at hand, we can deduce whatever happened.

Secondly, we do not know whether the Heli fired at the HQ/post by mistaking it as Taliban heaven, or anything of that kind.

Do the PA and NATO forces not have some designated common radio frequency to communicate over? With so many in here with classified info at their disposal, I am sure someone can come answer that.

I think that rather than firing here and there, or relying on the sounds of the chopper, they would be having some mode of communication to alert each other of the terrorists crossing in their respective territories.

Their duty and in a better way than DG, ISPR and his counterpart in the NATO, who will be eyeing their next rank.

And what is that?

They will say the truth about what?

That the helis were of Taliban and not ISAF.

That no soldiers were actually killed.

That the post did not exist , rather it was just a tent?

Its official now

A spokesman for the NATO-led ISAF, Gen. Carsten Jacobson, said close air support had been called in during an operation with Aghan national security forces and ISAF in the rugged border area of the east of Pakistan, where the border is not always clear.

Source CNN

Let me give you a lesson in history which is close to home on how you savages invaded ireland and killed the gaelic languge and the English settled Presbyterian Scots in northern Ireland to create demographic changes that to this day are a source of conflict in the North.

Let there be a united Ireland and May the IRA rise to take back the North compltely out of the hands of the English! Ameen!!!

All the supporters of UK occupation of Northern Ireland keep saying that a majority of those in Northern Ireland want to stay within the UK. But that's only because the English sent Protestant Scots in to displace the existing Catholic Irish. My personal view is the same as for Palestine. "You weren't invited to Ireland but you came here. Now agree to live under a unified Ireland or gtfo."

What will NATO gain by this?? Nothing it will be counter productive to attack PA posts...probably it was a bad mistake. Anyways RIP to the soldiers.

The actual story will come for sure, but it will take time. It was no secret operation, so many troops involved. But it will still take time to come out. That is why I am saying that we should wait for PA's take on this, and then with all the information at hand, we can deduce whatever happened.

Secondly, we do not know whether the Heli fired at the HQ/post by mistaking it as Taliban heaven, or anything of that kind.

Do the PA and NATO forces not have some designated common radio frequency to communicate over? With so many in here with classified info at their disposal, I am sure someone can come answer that.

I think that rather than firing here and there, or relying on the sounds of the chopper, they would be having some mode of communication to alert each other of the terrorists crossing in their respective territories.

No , I dont think they have a common frequency, AFAIK. Radio pylons and Mobile towers were blown up by the forces because the TTP used them.

But the heli fired at the Company HQ, 28 were martyred, that bit is clear as daylight, so I think we deserve a strong appeal and outrage.

Most probably not. They only had small arms, and maybe RPG's( not the most accurate things).

Helis , specifically attack helis are armoured around the cockpit, engine, avionics bay etc.

So not a good chance to shoot them down with small arms.

I am not talking about RPGs and small arms.. Anyway, do you mean RBS and ANZA can't shoot down gunships?

Pakistan to Reexamine Relations with US, NATO After Deadly NATO Raid

Pakistan says it plans to review its complete relationship with the United States and NATO in response to a deadly cross-border NATO airstrike early Saturday.

Pakistan says it plans to review its complete relationship with the United States and NATO in response to a deadly cross-border NATO airstrike early Saturday.Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani held an emergency meeting late in the day with top military and civilian government leaders in Islamabad on the incident.In a statement, the officials said "the government will revisit and undertake a complete review of all programs, activities and cooperative arrangements with US/NATO/ISAF, including diplomatic, political, military and intelligence."They condemned the NATO attack on two Pakistani military checkpoints in the northwest as "unacceptable."

They said the attack, which killed at least 26 troops and wounded 14 others, could not be described as a mistake.They also announced that Pakistan has closed all NATO supply lines through its territory to Afghanistan and ordered the United States to vacate a controversial airbase.The statement did not say how long Pakistan's border crossings into landlocked Afghanistan would remain closed to NATO. However, it gave the United States 15 days to shut down its activities at the Shamsi airbase.So far, U.S. officials have not responded to the statement.

Earlier, a NATO spokesman told VOA they were aware of the reported incident and are investigating.((REST OPT))Top NATO and U.S. commander in Afghanistan General John Allen also offered his condolences to families and loved ones of any members of the Pakistani security forces who may have died or were wounded.The United Arab Emirates leases the Shamsi airbase located in a remote southwestern part of Pakistan.

The U.S. spy agency, the CIA, reportedly uses the base for covert drone strikes in Pakistan's tribal belt, but the Pakistani military said in June that the United States does not operate out of that base.U.S. officials have said Pakistan's tribal belt provides sanctuary to the Taliban, which has been fighting for 10 years against U.S. troops in Afghanistan.The helicopter raid comes a little more than a year after a similar, less deadly operation in which U.S. helicopters killed two Pakistani soldiers mistaken for insurgents near the Afghan border. Pakistan responded to that attack by closing down one of its border crossings to NATO supplies for more than a week until the United States apologized.Ties between Washington and Islamabad have been unraveling since a covert U.S. commando raid in May killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden who was hiding for years in a Pakistani garrison town. Pakistan was outraged it was not informed beforehand and angered by what it saw as a U.S. violation of its sovereignty.Pakistan says it plans to review its complete relationship with the United States and NATO in response to a deadly cross-border NATO airstrike early Saturday.

Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani held an emergency meeting late in the day with top military and civilian government leaders in Islamabad on the incident.

In a statement, the officials said "the government will revisit and undertake a complete review of all programs, activities and cooperative arrangements with US/NATO/ISAF, including diplomatic, political, military and intelligence."

They condemned the NATO attack on two Pakistani military checkpoints in the northwest as "unacceptable." They said the attack, which killed at least 26 troops and wounded 14 others, could not be described as a mistake.
They also announced that Pakistan has closed all NATO supply lines through its territory to Afghanistan and ordered the United States to vacate a controversial airbase.

The statement did not say how long Pakistan's border crossings into landlocked Afghanistan would remain closed to NATO. However, it gave the United States 15 days to shut down its activities at the Shamsi airbase.
So far, U.S. officials have not responded to the statement. Earlier, a NATO spokesman told VOA they were aware of the reported incident and are investigating.

Top NATO and U.S. commander in Afghanistan General John Allen also offered his condolences to families and loved ones of any members of the Pakistani security forces who may have died or were wounded.
The United Arab Emirates leases the Shamsi airbase located in a remote southwestern part of Pakistan. The U.S. spy agency, the CIA, reportedly uses the base for covert drone strikes in Pakistan's tribal belt, but the Pakistani military said in June that the United States does not operate out of that base.
U.S. officials have said Pakistan's tribal belt provides sanctuary to the Taliban, which has been fighting for more than 10 years against U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
The helicopter raid comes a little more than a year after a similar, less deadly operation in which U.S. helicopters killed two Pakistani soldiers mistaken for insurgents near the Afghan border. Pakistan responded to that attack by closing down one of its border crossings to NATO supplies for more than a week until the United States apologized.
Ties between Washington and Islamabad have been severely strained since a covert U.S. commando raid in May killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, who was hiding for years in a Pakistani garrison town. Pakistan was outraged it was not informed beforehand and angered by what it saw as a U.S. violation of its sovereignty.

Pakistan to Reexamine Relations with US, NATO After Deadly NATO Raid | News | English

Better late than never.

RIP to soldiers who defended the land.

The act if true is a viiolation of soverignity,integrity and mutual trust which should never have happened.

Everything will be back to normal in a week after a few bank transfers from USA.

Who remembers when 11 soldiers were killed in a few years ago? Not many, i bet.

I thought Shamsi airbase was vaccated as stated by Pakistani officials when it was found out that it was a launching pad for drones -- looks like the government lied to us AGAIN.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom