What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

I think even India Boycotted Bonn conference. Reason I don't know.

Tell me, if you are being attacked by a guy much bigger than you. You have gun, that can shoot him down, wouldn't you fire? Then why is it different when someone comes to attack your soldiers? Your soldiers' life must be protected. Chahay koi bhi hai, kill the bloody attacker down.

Its not like they didn't have the capability to shoot down the choppers. The ISPR report pointed out that they didn't have the capability for aerial defence. After the Osama raid, this is criminal negligence on the part of the leadership. After being reported that the checkpost has come under attack and not scrambling the PAF in defence - thats plain criminal.
Brother, note this:

He went into comprehensive detail about the sequence of events known so far, explaining that a check post code-named Volcano first came under attack at around 15 to 30 minutes after midnight. A nearby check post, code-named Boulder, responded with 12.7 mm anti-aircraft weapons and mortars after the Volcano check post came under attack from gunship helicopters.

The NATO choppers involved in this incident may have been heavily armored.

And NATO forces made sure that communications with the higher command shall not happen. They likely destroyed both checkposts for this reason.

Has NATO agreed to the above faults in an official statement? If not, then again its one side of the story..

Again, no confirmation of these points from NATO yet.. There is no reason to take this on the face value till there is clarity on the other side of the story as well..

While we are discussing hypothetical and now given the distance of 300 yrds, I wont be surprised if after the initial attack Pakistan posts responded to the attack by hitting at the heli as well as firing across the border on a NATO post which resulted in the second wave. Again, we need to wait for NATO's version of the story before we can assert that to be right or wrong..

Then is it possible for you to wait for NATO's official report and stop posting until the report is made public? I mean 300 or so of your last posts are almost repetitive which state the exact same thing, so why not practice what you preach and actually wait for the report? You have made your point of view quite clear to all of us, now we would appreciate your silence in the matter unless there is something else that you can offer instead of the same 'lets wait for the official NATO response' type posts.

If you have proof, please go to media or court or bring it here. Show me one single scandal like RPP, Steel Mills, PIA, Railways etc. in PA.small scale corruption is everywhere but seriously man, if you people really thinkthat PA can or must fight against US/NATO in a frontal war then i can feel sorry for that.

They are doing what they can in this kind of situation. PA was never meant to fight against US/NATO .... It is an India-centric military.
DHA was in top 5 most corrupt institutions of Paksitan and is run by PA.... So army is not that pious either.....

What's the use of a border post which is 2.5KM inside the border. technically it doesn't becomes a border post as 2.5KM inside the territory it can not see anything happening on the border.

Plus, many times in such terrains there are other posts which are nearby in needs of emergency or as back up. I have spent 2-3 years in AJK and there are so many posts right on the border rather peaks being shared by Indian & Pak soldiers at the same time, but both sides having back-up posts 300-400 or a KM away incase the post at the border is overran or needs back up, it can be provided in time. So, who knows there is a Company HQ / back up post which was there and it may be 2.5Km away from the posts which got attacked, and the unnamed sources by mistake mentioned that post, since he was not sure of the layout or what was hit.

And as someone said, we have to look what the official version by ISPR or the media briefing said.
And match it with the NATO version that gets released on 23rd (hopefully).. No one is questioning why the post was within 300 yards of the border (i agree it makes more sense there than 2.5 km inside).. However this is a case in point of how a lot of discussion becomes irrelevant when done, based on incomplete information.

And they fired air burst rounds, which if lucky can be useful against airborne targets as these shells explode in the air at a certain height, thus shrapnel all around the place.

thanks.. Was aware of artillery based air burst ammo.. Didnt know mortars could do that as well.. as they say, live and learn :)

Then is it possible for you to wait for NATO's official report and stop posting until the report is made public? I mean 300 or so of your last posts are almost repetitive which state the exact same thing, so why not practice what you preach and actually wait for the report? You have made your point of view quite clear to all of us, now we would appreciate your silence in the matter unless there is something else that you can offer instead of the same 'lets wait for the official NATO response' type posts.

I do doubt the 300 number as much as I was doubting the 2.5 km story yesterday :)

BTW, I am not advocating not discussing the event till 23rd Dec but, advocating against formulating a conclusive version of story based on the views (official or otherwise) of one side..

Brother, note this:

He went into comprehensive detail about the sequence of events known so far, explaining that a check post code-named Volcano first came under attack at around 15 to 30 minutes after midnight. A nearby check post, code-named Boulder, responded with 12.7 mm anti-aircraft weapons and mortars after the Volcano check post came under attack from gunship helicopters.

The NATO choppers involved in this incident may have been heavily armored.

I don't think 12.7mm anti obsolete-second world war era aircraft weapon can do any damage to a current attack chopper. Our posts should have been armed with our own Anza MK-III and I am sure that would have downed the helicopters.

AA weapons were also fired ?

More variations from the original theory.

I do doubt the 300 number as much as I was doubting the 2.5 km story yesterday :)

BTW, I am not advocating not discussing the event till 23rd Dec but, advocating against formulating a conclusive version of story based on the views (official or otherwise) of one side..

As you are neither of the two sides, perhaps it is wiser to now let the 'two' sides sort it out?

AA weapons were also fired ?

More variations from the original theory.

Dont be a ****, facts stated by our injured soldiers are theories??? And what variations, shouldn't you read up the ISPR report before posting absolute crap that hurts sentiments of others? I would have banned you for your 'theory' part alone if I was a mod!

mm. coming back to the topic of pakistan closing it's airspace, their seems to be bigger problem in pakistani establishment. Every major foreign affairs/geo-political decision in pakistan for last 3-4 years seems to be "reactionary". Foresight in geo-strategic domain is completely missing, and most of the major issues like afganistan, Taliban, drones, american spies, baluchistan, etc. seems to be coming from knee jerk reactions. Did pakistani establishment not realize that hot pursuit strikes may cause military casualties. This is not the first strike, there have been 7 others before this one. It seems that the civilian leadership is so heavily entangled in domestic politics that, issue for foreign policy has been neglected by the real players who are busy trying to play vote-bank tricks.

Unless pakistan finds, a strong leadership which can dictate its terms domestically, it will be hard for them put any pressure on US. Maybe someone who has the charismatic qualities of Z A bhutto, is the need of the hour?

Very True.

Pakistani Military and ISI provides locations for terrorists to be taken out in Drone attacks and then Pakistan protests them in a careful dance designed to appease the Americans and the Pakistani public.

Then they agreed to hot pursuit, if Taliban attack in Afghanistan and NATO gives chase and comes into Pakistan then there is a chance of Pakistan and NATO shooting at each other.

Pakistan needs to come up with a comprehensive strategy to deal with this and prepare for the eventuality of NATO withdrawing by the end of 2014.

I think the sheer detail of the ISPR account embarrasses the US. It says its not accurate but shies from saying - which part is not accurate? Moreover how does it know its not accurate when it does not have its own story straight.

Recall in the Osama raid, the US had details pouring out like anything within minutes, and here nothing after a week?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom