What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Pakistan should request for economic, military, financial and infrastructure concessions from NATO powers.

Nato apology will not be enough: Khar

How freaking hard is it to make an unambiguous crystal clear statement that all NATO transit is terminated UNCONDITIONALLY and PERMANENTLY?

These idiots think they are acting coy, but its all too clear they are wagging their tails like dogs waiting for the right treat from NATO.

lol what did I say, all this drama is the usual episode that happens after an attack for about 1-2 weeks or so. Pakistan says a lot but fails to do anything, the US knows that very well too.

WTO member will block any concessions plus any aid will got in corruption.

It can be one on one concessions.

Like we can to Germany, we will attend Bonn conference but agree to sell us those U-214 Submarines.

Or from USA, we can ask to give us more F-16s, and Super Cobra Gunships and some investment in our Electrical Infrastructure or give us loans to build dams, etc.

We cannot afford to make enemies of NATO when we have India right next door to us.

Some Facts on the Ground

1) The line coming out of the US, after initial findings of the inquiry, is that Tab's tried to get a blue on blue and succeeded.
2) The engagement between USSF's and ANA Commando's was in Afghanistan, the inquiry is baffled to how Volcano was attacked.
3) There seems to have been negligence on the part of the American Commander who acceded to the request of CAS.
3) USSF's relied on Afghan commando's. Who fuked up big time. Not my words.

Pakistan should request for economic, military, financial and infrastructure concessions from NATO powers.

HUH, concessions, request?? do you even learn from english dictionary before choosing the words, go take admission in primary school

Ok, back to the discussion without going around in circles:

We have the PA facts about what happened - NATO will not accept that it acted 'deliberately', but it will try and provide a 'face saving' explanation for both sides.

An apology, at this point, is likely, and it appears the GoP is willing to return to 'normal' if given an apology.

Comments?

AM, that statement of yours, your usage of "will"... since you have been asking everyone how they are sure that things are not the same as stated solely by the ISPR, may I ask you, how come you are so darn sure that the NATO will not accept it as its deliberate act?

How are you so sure that the explanation provided by NATO is going to be a "face saving" exercise, and not the truth, or somewhere inbetween? Your usage of that term, face saving, goes on to show that you have wholeheartedly bought the self-constructed idea that NATO forces came out with the sole purpose of pounding that post and killing those soldiers.

If so, kindly tell us what purpose of NATO, this act serves? What is the motive behind this preplanned deliberate act?

From all that happened, what I notice is that it (the operation) has gone to act against the convenience of the NATO - in the most expected way you can see - blockade of supplies, closure of Shamsi, boycotting Bonn, threats to sever ties etc. So why would NATO deliberately axe its own leg (as we say it in Hindi). It is something even a cognitively challenged NATO soldier could guess. So, if it was preplanned, why did they do it?

------------

After you are done with my aforementioned rant, please consider this:

I remember it happened. Was 2008/2009 - that I do not remember well. It was in the same area, as those posts. NATO forces had committed a similar mistake. About a dozen (perhaps a little less, 9-10) Pakistani soldiers died. Barely any news media covered it. Result - no public outrage. No blocking of NATO supplies. No statements by ISPR. Business as usual.

I will have to look for it online, but for now, you have to take my word - I remember reading about it, and I am sure that is not the only time such a mistake happened, as it is bound to happen frequently in every single war.

Now I want you to look at it from my point of view - The PA will take the pounding, as long as it is in its own interests, as long as it does not come out in the media.

So what happens when it comes out in the media? - Spreading of such news among the population can infuriate the people against the Army. The Army too needs the public support to stay in power, even more so in this modern world driven on the engines of quick and affordable communication systems.

If people see the Army as weak, it will lose its charisma, its power. So, when people are enraged, to pacify them, to feed them the proofs of its power, the Army acts. Since the Army does not want to act against its own interests, it will mostly act in harmless ways and we will see statements (like the ones we saw coming from the ISPR) and cosmetic changes (temporary blockade of supplies, closure of already dormant Shamsi airbase, waiting for apologies etc.), and that is all that will happen.

The fact is, Pakistan, and Pakistani Army, both have more to gain with the presence of NATO forces in Afghanistan. Blockade of supply lines through Pakistan is putting more pressure on the US, but a quick flight of the NATO from Afghanistan will help TTP and the likes to consolidate quickly, and stretch the PA way beyond it is at the moment.

So, about this reaction of the PA - Apart from simply pacifying the public by showing such outrage through ISPR, what other purpose would it serve for the PA to block supply lines and sever its ties with the US?

It can be one on one concessions.

Like we can to Germany, we will attend Bonn conference but agree to sell us those U-214 Submarines.

Or from USA, we can ask to give us more F-16s, and Super Cobra Gunships and some investment in our Electrical Infrastructure or give us loans to build dams, etc.

We cannot afford to make enemies of NATO when we have India right next door to us.

No spares and all be junk. history tells us that in wars west stopped all the spares.

At the moment the supply route is closed...Can we save our sarcasm / taunts and all negative sentiments / comments for AFTER the supply route opens?

AM is very close, to AAZ, you can bet that any statement from him, is what our erstwhile president is thinking, but NO this time an apology is not enough, the Pakistani nation will not accept it.

With not even a statement coming out from Asif Zardari condemning this incident, you can see what he is thinking, & this can create 'faultlines' in the civilian administration.

Breaking News.....Afghan transit trade, could be under threat. There are some persons within the policy making circle, hellbent on punishing Afghanistan as a state. The PM also told Karzai that we hold the sovereign nation of Afghanistan responsible for the forces she is hosting on her soil.

This could be the next steps taken - if Pakistani concerns are not handled to our satisfaction, although there is opposition to this, as it will hit ordinary Afghans too.

Back
Top Bottom