What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

China: U.S. And NATO Have Trampled On International Law

Global Research / dailytimes.com.pk, November 30, 2011

BEIJING: China’s top state newspaper on Tuesday accused the United States of flouting international law and fanning terrorism after a NATO attack killed 24 Pakistani soldiers, and it warned that the Islamabad’s grip on security could be dangerously weakened.

The condemnation in the People’s Daily, the main newspaper of China’s ruling Communist Party, kept up Beijing’s angry words in support of its partner, Pakistan, as Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani has said that “business as usual” with the United States has been over after the attack on Saturday.

NATO called the killings a “tragic, unintended incident”, and the US officials said NATO and American investigations would determine what happened in the attack in northwest Pakistan.

But the People’s Daily said the attack already laid bare deeper problems in the US approach to militant threats.

“Above all, we must be clear that the United States and NATO have trampled on international laws and rules,” said a commentary in the newspaper.

“The United States and NATO have violated international law and international norms,” the paper said in an editorial condemning the attacks.

“This shows...that at crucial moments, the United States will not show the slightest hesitation to violate the sovereignty of another nation to ensure its ‘absolute security’.”

“The risk in fighting terror this way is that it will ignite latent sympathy and support for terrorism, as well as hurting many innocent people and damaging international law,” said a commentary in the Chinese-language newspaper.

“The soil nurturing terrorism will become even more fertile, and the space for terrorism to spread even broader,” it said.

The commentary came after the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei voiced shock over the assault, and the Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi offered Beijing’s firm support to his Pakistani counterpart, Hina Rabbani Khar.

The close ties between China and Pakistan reflect...a desire to hedge against US influence across the region.

The People’s Daily commentary said the killings of the soldiers could inflict lasting damage.

“Islamabad’s grip on domestic security will also be weakened,” it said. “This will not only work against the war on terror, it could also leave the risk of long-term turmoil.”

From the TT Chairman's own post on the first page of this very thread.

This is called knitpicking .
The most important and obvious part is that 28 Pakistani soldiers were killed INSIDE Pakistani territory by intruding foreign troops..Should it mater if they were 2 meters or 2 kilometers inside?

The pakistani government has said that Shamsi airbase will be emptied by Dec 11.

Not at all.

I will wait for the report and compare both sides to check for corroborations and contradictions, and go from there. But not point in speculating before then.

afghan officials have said that pakistan fired first, pakistan is contradicting this.

can you state why you believe? and the reasons why?

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

If I count the number of posts that talked of 2.5 km distance as a clinching factor of why this was not a mistake but unprovoked assault, I am sure those will form a large part of the marathon thread on this.. More such gaps will emerge between now and 23rd dec in my view..

Also I don't understand how were mortars used against helis...

plus the known co ordinates/position, plus the ignored communications, plus the uniformed personnel, plus the 2 hour kill mission.

If I count the number of posts that talked of 2.5 km distance as a clinching factor of why this was not a mistake but unprovoked assault, I am sure those will form a large part of the marathon thread on this.. More such gaps will emerge between now and 23rd dec in my view..

Also I don't understand how were mortars used against helis...

I think After getting fire you fire on the possible incursion points to keep it suppressed......

all news papers claiming that ISPR released Nato Attack footage..can somebody post it here as i cant find the video.

I saw it on TV. Try to catch it on the 9 o clock news bulletin.

The post is completely destroyed, on a hilltop, standing out from the rest. A very good vantage point. Smoke is still coming out, suggesting that along with bullets, rockets might also had been used.

All in all, the images show that the post was relentlessly fired upon.

"Bhai sahab english"plz

I translated it using Google Translate, though translation is not 100% correct and some sentences are horrible but it is still useful:-

The picture received some officers of Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force Air Base on board a U.S. drone aircraft allegedly closer inspection they are standing when the U.S. military can be seen standing in behind them. But about the alleged raid by military bosses sytsdyq or has been denied. altbh about it is it must be said that the Pakistan Air Base to the board in any case refused to grant permission is strictlyAnd he took the UAE but also by pressure from the Pakistani military leadership not only rejected it but strictly warned that even if the Army Air Base was empty action will force itself, the board of the Air Base rejected all roads leading to the bar and prpabndy been supplying all kinds. Some sources also claim that the Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force base into a team and the drone aircraft and other equipment kamaaynh also, due to their aggressive American cotton has decided to base empty. there is also the fact behind the U.S. attack on Pakistan Taliban in North Waziristan and other groups had refused to act against. The mtabqdunun volatility relations in the past but also get to see the Haqqani Network in North and South Waziristan, Hafiz Gul Bahadur and Maulvi Nazeer, the Pakistani Taliban groups against the U.S. military's request to act on behalf of issues were more complex. The pro-Taliban groups in Pakistan and Pakistan is considered to have earned his peace deal with Taliban groups. North and South Waziristan, the Pakistani army's offensive against the Taliban to Afghanistan because of the sudden Mohmand province of Kunar, Bajaur and Malakand Pakistani security forces began the invasion.
Is there a way to target Americans inside. But after the attacks in Kunar from Pakistan Army to focus more attention on the Mohmand Agency and also added strength. Mohmand Agency intensified its military operations in the current year.Mohmand Agency has seven thslyn. The flag, according to a Taliban commander Abdul Wali village in the surrounding area was occupied by the army over the Kunar province of Afghanistan that were left. the military headquarters of the Mohmand Agency in glnyy Peshawar Corps Commander Brig Aftab Ahmed Khan in the presence of a briefing in the country from Afghanistan province of Safi tehsil in Mohmand Agency, a division of jaggery and twenty percent rise against the Taliban takeover in Pakistan's territory. briefing U.S. military commanders say it clearly that they are telling people that ISAF Swat, Malakand and Mohmand to flee Pakistan anti-Taliban and Pakistan in Kunar attack but the U.S. forces against militants. Their words with great difficulty that he has set up check posts and logistic support as often as difficult for him to use helicopters. This time it was clear that the U.S. wantsapply, the lyyamrykh the Taliban in Afghanistan itself and terminate mqa blh. U.S. Army was not ready to take on the Taliban from Pakistan and they wanted to work but a b Pakistan to further develop this work was And that tension was growing and post-attack led to the conclusion slalh and Pakistan ssmy Air Base and the U.S. supply line is made. Sources said that Americans would sit silent and must respond , so the Army is very mistaken.

Approximate translation..

"It has been reported that a team of PAF and Army personnel has made a surprise visit to shamsi airbase and has inspected the drones and equipment there.
The only evidence of the news we could get hold of was this picture in which PAF and Army personnel are shown standing near a USA drone and we can see an American soldier in the background.
ISPR has not yet commented on this news and there is no confirmation or denial of this news from ISPR."

................Should it mater if they were 2 meters or 2 kilometers inside?

2(00) meters can be an error, 2 km is NOT; hence it is important to carefully analyze all facts before spouting off, wouldn't you agree?

Germany urges Pakistan to attend Afghan talks

ISLAMABAD: German Chancellor Angela Merkel made a telephone call to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and urged him to attend the upcoming Bonn Conference, Geo News reported.

According to statement released by the prime minister house, Gilani told the German Chancellor that under the present circumstances Pakistan could not attend the conference.

Merkel requested Gilani that if he could not attend the conference then Pakistan should at least send Foreign Minister Khar or another representative.

During a German news conference, foreign ministry spokesman Andreas Peschke “Pakistan itself has a big interest in the Afghan conference being a success.”

Shamsi airbase to be vacated by 11 Dec says Gilani.

A very very very stupid reporter asked a retired Lt Gen that what were the 155 mm guns doing!

The Let Gen said 'Bibi, 155 mm wali guns ground troops kay khilaf istamal hoti hain, helicopter kay khilaf nhn, agr dushman trench main ho to istamal hoti hain' .

What insanity!!!

Back
Top Bottom