What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s military on Monday denied reports that Nato forces in Afghanistan came under fire before launching a cross-border attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers over the weekend.

“This is not true. They are making up excuses. What are their losses, casualties?” said army spokesman Major-General Athar Abbas in a text message.

A report, citing Afghan and Western officials, had said that fire from a Pakistani military outpost into Afghanistan prompted the air strikes.

Abbas said Nato forces’ regret on the incident was not enough and said the incident could result in serious consequences.

He recalled that such activities had been carried out in the past, adding that he did not think that such activities would be tolerated anymore.

Abbas said the top leadership would decide how to further take up this incident.

He informed the media that seven or eight attacks by Nato forces had resulted in the deaths of 72 soldiers during the past three years, adding that more than 250 security personnel had also been wounded.—DawnNews

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

BEIJING: China’s Foreign Ministry said on Monday it was “deeply shocked” about a Nato cross-border air attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers and urged respect for Pakistan’s independence and sovereignty.

“China is deeply shocked by these events, and expresses strong concern for the victims and profound condolences to Pakistan,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said in a statement on the ministry’s website.

“China believes that Pakistan’s independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity should be respected and the incident should be thoroughly investigated and be handled properly,” he said.

Pakistan has reacted with fury over the Nato cross-border air attack that could undermine the US effort to wind up the war in Afghanistan.

Nato described the killings as a “tragic unintended incident” and said an investigation was under way. A western official and an Afghan security official who requested anonymity said Nato troops were responding to fire from across the border.

I say, Arm the soldiers with 12.7 / 14.5mm heavy guns, MANPADs to be provided, Peshawar should get a CAS/CAP squadron and start providing air support in limited manner, all kind of intel sharing with NATO/US finished and make the US pay in Afghanistan through Taliban (which in anyway is gonna happen).

And yeah, a similar "by mistake" PAF strike on a US/NATO post on the Afghan border(provided they do have a post) is also a good option.

new reports saying the strikes went on for two hours ! was the PAF sleeping too ?!

I say, Arm the soldiers with 12.7 / 14.5mm heavy guns, MANPADs to be provided, Peshawar should get a CAS/CAP squadron and start providing air support in limited manner, all kind of intel sharing with NATO/US finished and make the US pay in Afghanistan through Taliban (which in anyway is gonna happen).

+1. Now that's what I and every Pakistani who loves this country wants too. Pay back to them and they would have to bleed too. Some(or as many as possible) Americans would have to die surely.

Take your apology and shove it
we want those pilots and soldiers who carried out those bombings ,
They did a crime on the sacred soile of Islamic republic of Pakistan and if Nato is serious about its apology she should hand over those who r responsible to Pakistani authorities !!!

new reports saying the strikes went on for two hours ! was the PAF sleeping too ?!

The communication system between our ground forces is not good, its slow. There is no direct link of such posts with PAF assets. They may have first communicated with their company HQs, then Unit HQ might have been notified, then Brigade HQ comes in, Divisional HQ & then Corps level. I am not sure but don't think the news may have reached the highest level in 2 hrs and then a decision to be made and then PAF guys being notified, well i guess you may know how long our chain of command goes.

PAF has nothing to do in this nor is it their fault.

But The Sunday Times has learned that the two checkpoints hit by the air strikes were in fact constructed on Afghan soil, in Kunar province’s Khas Kunar district between the villages of Shaley and Shrunkey.

Let there be some time when people could actually not criticize poor rather absurd mindset. You didn't write it but you surely earned the points for being mentally infant by highlighting above lines in red.

And yeah, a similar "by mistake" PAF strike on a US/NATO post on the Afghan border(provided they do have a post) is also a good option.

Unless this 'mistake' by PAF happens, they will keep on doing this.

We need to give them a casualty so that they could think about it twice.

The communication system between our ground forces is not good, its slow. There is no direct link of such posts with PAF assets. They may have first communicated with their company HQs, then Unit HQ might have been notified, then Brigade HQ comes in, Divisional HQ & then Corps level. I am not sure but don't think the news may have reached the highest level in 2 hrs and then a decision to be made and then PAF guys being notified, well i guess you may know how long our chain of command goes.

This is not acceptable, sorry.

I perfectly remember that a course maybe of my father was flying a Cobra heli above Lal Masjid during the siege. He said that they had no contact with the ground troops. And had to relay info to ATC, which in turn relayed info to the unit HQ, which radioed the info. Easily could take 10 or so minutes.

The DG ISPR has said the following points today on TV

- This is one attack too much, and the repercussions could be serious.

-We refuse to believe it was a mistake.

- The area had been cleared a long time ago, and the excuse that they were chasing militants there does not hold.

- NATO had been informed prior to it.

The operation carried on for half an hour.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

This will only aggravate the situation further and not solve anything.

Next time they come, down their heli. Simple as that.

It could be well be interpreted as Pakistan's fault for not properly demarcating its border. Can such things happen on the India-Pak border for example ?
MOD EDIT: Trolling

The excuse of poorly demarcated border does not hold water here.

It was not ground troops that attacked the Company HQ, it was 4 helicopters. And helicopters have navigation systems accurate to meters , and they could clearly know whether they had crossed the border or not.

Does anybody seriously expect what the DG iSPR is saying to be fulfilled. Rehman Malik said that NATO supplies are stopped permanently.

Back
Top Bottom