What's new

America pressing Pakistan on a long ‘wish list’

I think Pakistan will not be able to deal with LeT as the US may want - and perhaps the LeT may be better dealt with once Indian friends are in a reasonable frame on mind with regard to captive Kashmir and indeed the US list may be long and extensive but we may have a fair measure of assurance that Pakistani authorities will not have a similarly long and extensive list (bandhur kiya janeh Adrah ka bhau) and the relationship may not move in any particular direction.

sir, you have just said that pakistan will use LeTas a strategic asset against supposed indian captivity of kashmir, then it is no wonder palistan is going through this mess.

using terrorism as an instrument of state diplomacy through terrorist organisations is not viewed highly by world leaders. 02 decades of terrorism in kashmir has not yielded desired results in kashmir.

it would be foolish for pakistani govt to think that indian resolve can be broken through terrorism. dialogue and confidence building measures are way forward.

Yes, yes, lets not ride any high horse with each other - Pakistanis use terror organizations and I agree 100% that LeT is both terrorist and highly dangerous, and Indians use state terror to keep the population in line - we don't need to blow smoke up each other.

I Agree with you completely that terrorism (the State variety as well) can not succeed.

Yes, yes, lets not ride any high horse with each other - Pakistanis use terror organizations and I agree 100% that LeT is both terrorist and highly dangerous, and Indians use state terror to keep the population in line - we don't need to blow smoke up each other.

I Agree with you completely that terrorism (the State variety as well) can not succeed.

given the charged emotions which run in india and pakistan on kashmir issue, it wd be nice if some sort of understanding is reached between india and pakistan.

its collossal to waste this much money on defence wen our countries are lagging behind in development.

Exactly - the world spits at us because we are stupid enough to continue spitting at each other while the rest of the world has moved way past us --You know something strange, well if you get a chance to study the Aztec of Mexico, you will notice that their culture had a ritualized warfare - and I think that's what we have --- we love to kick each other around but notice we don't like it when others kick either the Pakistani or the Indian around, as if they have trespassed on some exclusive -- it's all strange and sick and it's got to come to an end.

Notice something - notice how difficult it is for people to see beyond the kicking each other stuff - honestly, think about it - we have a really terrible time thinking what not being at each others throat will be like - some sort of Tom and Jerry routine

Exactly - the world spits at us because we are stupid enough to continue spitting at each other while the rest of the world has moved way past us --You know something strange, well if you get a chance to study the Aztec of Mexico, you will notice that their culture had a ritualized warfare - and I think that's what we have --- we love to kick each other around but notice we don't like it when others kick either the Pakistani or the Indian around, as if they have trespassed on some exclusive -- it's all strange and sick and it's got to come to an end.

Notice something - notice how difficult it is for people to see beyond the kicking each other stuff - honestly, think about it - we have a really terrible time thinking what not being at each others throat will be like - some sort of Tom and Jerry routine

how very true sir. very well spoken indeed.

yes yes the narcissism of small differences is particularly prevalent in south asia but thats not going to change over night is it?

analysis is good, but at this point it needs to be actionable, practical and fruitful, not self indulgent.

This is a call Pak has to take for itself. Where it would like to see itself a decade from now & how to get there.

Often it is better in life to come straight and accept ( at least to ones own self ) that you screwed up. Virtually every tack employed has back fired. How long can the reason for existence of a nation be hatred / fear of a neighbor ?

How long can a nation be held ransom by the army or an agency whose agenda does not coincide with the Govt of the day? ..and to what avail ?

Unfortunately by now the horse has the bit in its teeth.

If somehow Pak can find workable answers to its problems by itself it could show two fingers to anyone.

yes yes the narcissism of small differences is particularly prevalent in south asia but thats not going to change over night is it?

analysis is good, but at this point it needs to be actionable, practical and fruitful, not self indulgent.

even if we go off topic for a minute bro, can u "realistically" give 'actionable" solution to kashmir problem?

Very Nice..

India - Pak and rest of the world .. heh heh

+fight.jpg

even if we go off topic for a minute bro, can u "realistically" give 'actionable" solution to kashmir problem?

why just kashmir? from a pakistani perspective a solution can be given to many things, but then this is a conversation that needs to happen between people inside pakistan first.

my point was that discussion needs to be geared towards something that is "actionable, practical and fruitful", our dear friend muse is doing a bit too much "musing", a bit of a waste from my POV.

why just kashmir? from a pakistani perspective a solution can be given to many things, but then this is a conversation that needs to happen between people inside pakistan first.

i agree with u bro. first indians and pakistanis have to convince themselves that they want to live peacefully and remove hatred from their hearts. once that is done i am sure something can be worked out.

The things seem to be taking a change for the worse.
I hope it does not end up with US and Pak against each other openly.
Repeat of 1980's but US instead of USSR

Obama wants to win upcoming election hence this bullshit.NATO Operation in Pakistan will never be allowed.Most likely Pakistan Army will have to go in but regardless even then Americans will loose.They just have to buy body bags for now.They dont even need Taliban to kill them now.The ANA/ANF people are doing a good enough job.Took out 8 loosers yesterday.

Obama wants to win upcoming election hence this bullshit.NATO Operation in Pakistan will never be allowed.Most likely Pakistan Army will have to go in but regardless even then Americans will loose.They just have to buy body bags for now.They dont even need Taliban to kill them now.The ANA/ANF people are doing a good enough job.Took out 8 loosers yesterday.

How would you like if someone said the same about Pakistani soldiers killed by TTP??

I see you are a premium member, but still, Post reported...

Back
Top Bottom