What's new

AMCA :: Fifth Generation Fighter Under Development in India

What is our problem is that we utter more words before even starting the project, giving even deadlines before even knowing what is gonna make..

I really doubt whether our think tanks finalise the role of this plane?

I see no point in funding AMCA when there are already funds allocated for the PAK-FA.
I don't get it ??/ I mean the technology that we will learn from MRCA and PakFA should be tested on something and that is AMCA. We already have experience with Su30 mki but unless we test what we have learnt how can we be sure whether we have learnt it right or not ?
For that purpose money is necessary...
Also money allocated for PakFa will be for creating ground infrastructure and hangars etc.

AMCA&

These are dream aircrafts.

Reality is that LCA is still under development after 20 years (project initiated in late 80's)

I am all game for this project.

This is the best time to implement such a project.

India should use the exposure that it would gain in the PAK-FA/FGFA project in AMCA.

If India wants to develop indigenous expertise then the only way out is to start projects like the AMCA.

All the best to ADA, hopefully they will stick to the 2017 deadline for the first flight.

Reality is that LCA is still under development after 20 years (project initiated in late 80's)

Funding started in 93 and serious work started late.. thats why u didnt hear much about it in 80's and all the news related to it started after 95 onwards.. reasons are plenty sanctions, no fund allocation etc.. but if u are here for flaming or trolling , you will never understand it.

My dear friend.... A Nation must dream and Aspire If It needs to Succeed... LCA was Still Under Development Till Yesterday, Today The Regional Centre for Military Airworthiness (RCMA) handed over the certification for the LCA’s integrated flight control system (IFCS) , IOC is just a Mere formality , besides, We have been In the Aerospace sector for Quite a Long time, its time to Move Ahead, Neighbors envy owners pride....

Well AMCA Project has already started, way back in 2009 and Govt has also Given Funds, so You might get as jealous as You want, but you can only make a Mockery out of Yourself nothing more....

Well yes, LCA did take lot of time in getting developed.

But since this was our first project and our scientists even tried to do the unthinkable that is develop an engine without foreign help, something which did not go on expected lines and also resulted in some delays.

But as I said, this was our first project where we tried to do everything on our own, so 20 years is not that bad !

Funding started in 93 and serious work started late.. thats why u didnt hear much about it in 80's and all the news related to it started after 95 onwards.. reasons are plenty sanctions, no fund allocation etc.. but if u are here for flaming or trolling , you will never understand it.

Yes! Funding was a problem,considering our economy was in bad shape from 1980-1995,also post Pokran-2 we had sanctions which could have affected the availability of foreign parts.

Last edited:
I have complete faith in our scientists, engineers in this matter.

I say go for it!!

all the basic test facility are now available in India itself.
we can seek joint collabration with any western country since everyone is looking to have a share of the defence pie ( unlike those crippling sanctions of 90s).
I pretty sure that our organizations have learnt from the mistakes in Tejas programme and will positively implement these lessons in the AMCA to give us an awesome fighter.

Yes we've learned a lot from past experiences..

We got money, and scientists & engineers confident to research and develop this project.. so why waste time?

we should be clear where are we going to stand in say..2030.. all dependent on foreign suppliers?

oh smart pant, you finally spoke.

lca is flying already and will be inducted in a few days.

btw for your smart arse comment- did u know even f-16 in under development process , all the fighter have to be or else they will become obsolete.

My dear friend.... A Nation must dream and Aspire If It needs to Succeed... LCA was Still Under Development Till Yesterday, Today The Regional Centre for Military Airworthiness (RCMA) handed over the certification for the LCA’s integrated flight control system (IFCS) , IOC is just a Mere formality , besides, We have been In the Aerospace sector for Quite a Long time, its time to Move Ahead, Neighbors envy owners pride....

Well AMCA Project has already started, way back in 2009 and Govt has also Given Funds, so You might get as jealous as You want, but you can only make a Mockery out of Yourself nothing more....

Well yes, LCA did take lot of time in getting developed.

But since this was our first project and our scientists even tried to do the unthinkable that is develop an engine without foreign help, something which did not go on expected lines and also resulted in some delays.

But as I said, this was our first project where we tried to do everything on our own, so 20 years is not that bad !

Yes! Funding was a problem,considering our economy was in bad shape from 1980-1995,also post Pokran-2 we had sanctions which could have affected the availability of foreign parts.

I have complete faith in our scientists, engineers in this matter.

I say go for it!!

all the basic test facility are now available in India itself.
we can seek joint collabration with any western country since everyone is looking to have a share of the defence pie ( unlike those crippling sanctions of 90s).
I pretty sure that our organizations have learnt from the mistakes in Tejas programme and will positively implement these lessons in the AMCA to give us an awesome fighter.

Guys we have answered same question numerous times. Let the Newbies answer these now..

BTW the Frontier India Guy at BR is giving real good info on AIP..It seems DRDO is finally getting its act together..

Guys

Now Engg and scientist ***** are getting kicked after the report of Chinese JXX.

We can see lots of escalation up and down most of the leaves has been canceled. Very soon we will see Israeli, French and Russian Engg arriving here:woot:

Good news. :victory:

India should not waste huge amounts of money and huge technical risk in the development of own aircraft. India can buy the world's best aircraft, the United States F22 or F35. Purchase of aircraft is the most economical and immediately to actual combat.

Back
Top Bottom