What's new

AMCA (Fifth generation FIghter plane)Primary design ready. 5000 cr fund shall be sought for developm

Learn lol :lol:

we partnered with Sweden.

Am I the only guy here that detect unsufferable confidence from Indian posters. They have little achievement but they talk like they own LM oe Boeing.

Even their president predicted that they would be a superpower by 2012

AMCA has long way to go.

They are as ahead as a college student create a model airplane.

"Learn" from our mistakes by getting lost in pride and overconfidence, instead of doing it as your country does, by taking full advantage of access to various markets, techs and vendors for own projects. It is much more likely that Turkey gets a stealth fighter developed earlier than DRDO does it, simply by the fact that you would take short cuts and supports with Saab for example, a European engine and other support, while the Turkish industry is sticking to what it actually can provide and not to what it dreams of. That makes your stealth fighter development easier and simpler, compared to an DRDO development, that is based on not existing knowledge, or capabilities that the forces don't need.

Indian posters need to be more like you. The forum would be much better.

If AMCA needs funds, I think we can split the $30 billion inflated price for MMRCA by scrapping the deal.

US$ 15 billion will fetch us good amount of MKIs which doesn't need any additional logistics and training costs since we already have it in the ecosystem.

The rest US$15 billion we can flood the AMCA research division with it.

If this means we can get the jet in good quality and in the right time, then we must.

Rafale is not worth it.

If AMCA needs funds, I think we can split the $30 billion inflated price for MMRCA by scrapping the deal.

US$ 15 billion will fetch us good amount of MKIs which doesn't need any additional logistics and training costs since we already have it in the ecosystem.

If this means we can get the jet in good quality and in the right time, then we must.

Rafale is not worth it.

Agree. RAFALE is a very advance version of an older generation tech. India should focus on next generation plane. India will always be a jr partner if it team up with Russia or w European countries. So it should look into partner up with turkey or South Korea.

AMCA has long way to go.

Indeed a very long way

Turkey has a very advanced and well developed defence industry, even dating back to the early second world war period, people tend to underestimate them. Turkey is also a partner in the f35 programme, and if I were to put my money on TAI or HAL/DRDO/ADE then I might go with TAI.

Looks like a number of countries are vying to make a small to mid sized 5th gen fighter led by China (FC31) followed byJapan, South Korea, Indonesia, Turkey and India. The suprise here is the absence of the Russians and Brazil, considering potential sales.

Well Turkey has its own strengths & India has its own
Turkey will have the advantage if being a partner nation of F-35 & European support & we will have the advantage of Building Rafeal here(the French jet) & jointly developing the T-50 with Russians
I would say it's too early to put money in either Hal or Tai

Rafale is not worth it.[/QUOTE]

SHUBH SHUBH bolo yaar

Turkey has a very advanced and well developed defence industry, even dating back to the early second world war period, people tend to underestimate them. Turkey is also a partner in the f35 programme, and if I were to put my money on TAI or HAL/DRDO/ADE then I might go with TAI.

like t-129 atak.Hardly a Turkish chopper. :lol:

While turkey has made good progress in fields like UAVs and CMs,its nowhere close to India in many fields

Last edited:
Am I the only guy here that detect unsufferable confidence from Indian posters. They have little achievement but they talk like they own LM oe Boeing.
i doubt that. at least they have a lot more to boast about than your (real) country which cant even make a scooter

like t-129 atak.Hardly a Turkish chopper.
It is a Turkish chopper, since it's their (joint-)development, even if is largely based on foreign stuff. Would you say the
Mitsubishi F-2 is not a Japanese fighter, because it's based on the F16, or that the Volvo RM12 engine is not Swedish, because it's largely based on the GE 404? Of course not, but that shows how one can take the access on foreign platforms, techs and partners, to get the most for the own interest. We surely have made good progress on re-design Dhruv to LCH and that's valuable design experience we got, that will help us in future developments, but that know how is based on years on experience with Dhruv. Turkey cut that short, by taking off the shelf parts and co-development partners, while focusing on adding indigenously developed avionics and weapons.
We new try to use the know how we gained from years of LCA development to the next level, with the problem that LCA still is not successful as a project in many fields, which makes taking the next step very unrealistic at this point. Turkey on the other side once again takes a smart short cut, by teaming up with Saab for the development of the design of their fighter and using Saab's experience in design and development to Turkey's benefit. We see similar team ups in S. Korea or Japan, it's just DRDO / ADA that thinks they can do AMCA alone and that's what makes AMCA more vulnerable for problems and delays.

We have pretty much the same advantages as Turkey, S. Korea or Japan, if not more, we just don't use them!

It is a Turkish chopper, since it's their (joint-)development, even if is largely based on foreign stuff.

sir,you're contradicting yourself.

Turkey cut that short, by taking off the shelf parts and co-development partners, while focusing on adding indigenously developed avionics and weapons.

If India is defeated in future wars, it wouldn't be because of lack of power but misuse of power and this chaos is not just visible from defense deals, every Indian I meet believes "Jugard lago, kam chalao", In Urdu we call it "Dang Tapao" (live another day) approach.

like t-129 atak.Hardly a Turkish chopper. :lol:

While turkey has made good progress in fields like UAVs and CMs,its nowhere close to India in many fields

Please elaborate on what fields on a friendly debate.

Same mistakes shouldn't be repeated, this time the private players should be involved to a greater extent.

Please elaborate on what fields on a friendly debate.

BMs ( I know you guys wouldn't need them),SAMs,fighter aircraft,choppers,space technology,Radars.You guys have several operational UAVs though

sir,you're contradicting yourself.

No I don't, the origin of the product does not have to be the same as the origin of it's components, as shown in the examples. You can also take our indigenous developments as an example too and look at the components of the Shivalik class frigates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom