What's new

Amazing Engineering: China's Ya'an - Xichang Trans Mountain Expressway

Truly remarkable....having a strong central govt also has its advantage. If this project was planned in India, most probably environmental nutjobs will de-rail it even before the first brich is layed.

@ Topic: Is this highway free or there is toll on this road.

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAA - I mean amazing amazing engineering. Gives structural engineers a new benchmark!

China is also co operating to improve the infrastructure in Karachi and is currently involved in number of projects.:pakistan::china:

7th July 2012
101.gif

Daily Karachi Times

Jealous ??? :sniper:

no,just pointing out the truth.....and what will i be jealous of when i am enjoying the best services here in texas???:blink::pop:

and its for ppl safety, not for my own needs.....otherwise these flyovers will also collapse like chinese buildings......:hang2:

no,just pointing out the truth.....and what will i be jealous of when i am enjoying the best services here in texas???:blink::pop:

and its for ppl safety, not for my own needs.....otherwise these flyovers will also collapse like chinese buildings......:hang2:

Evil wishes as if they matter, you are doing disservices to your flags though.

The whole length is 368.8 km in Sichuan Province. It runs from north (Ya'an) <> south (Xichang)

Toll fee: &#65509;182 for class I vehicles (7 seaters or under; 2 tons or under)

Here is a map (useful only for readers who know Chinese):

Baidu

For anyone who has doubt or prejudice against the strength or workmanship of the expressway based on the look of a photograph, here is a primer on road building technology:

Bridges are fixed solidly to the ground at each end and sometimes at intermediate points. The road bed will expand and contract with temperature changes and if there is no provision for this to happen, the road bed can distort or break as the length changes. The same is the case for many elevated structures that have rigid fixings.

A common technique to avoid damage is to make a break in the bridge deck. The break has a small gap or flexible insert between the two parts of the bridge deck and as the deck expands and contracts, so the gap changes size. This method means that a minimal force is exerted on the bridge supports and therefore structural damage is avoided. The longer the bridge, the more expansion can take place and several expansion gaps can be used. Typically, the gaps will allow for movement of less than one inch up to as much as twleve inches.

These great engineering feats are signs of china's manufacturing and innovative engineering capabilities. Still you will find idiots accusing anything chinese as copy based on fantasy propaganda. This achievements comes as a slap in the face of those idiots.

Not to belittle your comment in any way but I know the Chief Engineer on this project quite well, he is American.

China is making great strides but some hand holding is still required along the way.

And yes the engineering going on here and at the progress it's happening is beyond human belief, glad I'm here to see it (I live 2 hours away from this Ya'An - Xichang freeway).

Not to belittle your comment in any way but I know the Chief Engineer on this project quite well, he is American.

China is making great strides but some hand holding is still required along the way.

And yes the engineering going on here and at the progress it's happening is beyond human belief, glad I'm here to see it (I live 2 hours away from this Ya'An - Xichang freeway).

some projects like this one are deliberately awarded and recruiting foreigners for several purposes:

1. technical exchange
2. political reasons
3. the people stand as living testaments to the progress of China and its openness against the ill-intentions of some voodoo propaganda and badmouthing media

What the hell...........awesome work guys....engineers gone nuts....Breath-taking:woot:

Back
Top Bottom