What's new

Aman Shanti

That's your assumption.

What would your compatriots do to me if I preach Buddhism in Pakistan?

Why do certain hypocrites want secularism in other countries and Islamic rule in their original countries?

I will tell you what I want.

I hope that only Muslims stay in Muslim countries and only non Muslims stay in non Muslim countries.

Muslim can do whatever they want in their own land. And we can live in peace in ours.

The oldest mosque of the world is in Kerala. The hindu king of kerala gave land to Arab Muslims and allowed them to propogate their religion. Arabs to-date haven't reciprocated that gesture. What Muslims did to Non Muslims in India is documented history.

As a Muslim you cannot understand what I am tryin to say. But it's ok.

You will do what you have always done. But we need to learn from our mistakes or we perish.
It's simple. No need to perish.

Just adopt the Truth and join the amity of nations/civilization.

"The oldest mosque of the world is in Kerala. The hindu king of kerala gave land to Arab Muslims and allowed them to propogate their religion. Arabs to-date haven't reciprocated that gesture. What Muslims did to Non Muslims in India is documented history."

This is what I came across, can someone please clarify?

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-man...rn-places-like-Qatar-the-UAE-and-Saudi-Arabia
Only Saudi Arabia does not allow Hindus to build such temples.

Simply because they don't want to spread corruption. Not out of any particular hate.

Our beloved Prophet S.A.W. had always desired to keep the Arabian peninsula free of that. The other nations like UAE and Qatar have certainly trespassed.

We don't want relations with India, as we don't want relations with Israel. But India is our next door neighbor. We have to have good relations with India.

Historically, Mecca was about 400 kms away from Medina and there were three major wars and several small expeditions in less than seven years between Mecca and Medina. Whereas Jews were living with the Muslims of Medina, there was immediate agreement of peace and cooperation between Muslims and Jews of Medina.

we have taken it's reverse effect. We are in constant war with India and left the enemy who's at some distance. We claim Kashmir problem as ours and other issues at some distance not directly related to us. With that Pakistan is becoming more and more self centric as well. This is not our nature and not what is desired approach. Now you can imagine what Pakistan is supposed to do.

We have to have good relations with India; who will take the first step? We, Muslims, the torch bearers of religion originating in Arab came to the Subcontinent. We are to tell that "we come in peace". We have no association with those who've come to India and destroyed the temples here.

Secondly, a big number of Muslims and also diaspora of this region are living in the UK, Canada and the US. They are happy there. But when it comes to Subcontinent and India, we become different in various aspects and cannot live together.

These are some points that need attention and can correct the basic flaws.

We don't want relations with India, as we don't want relations with Israel. But India is our next door neighbor. We have to have good relations with India.

Historically, Mecca was about 400 kms away from Medina and there were three major wars and several small expeditions in less than seven years between Mecca and Medina. Whereas Jews were living with the Muslims of Medina, there was immediate agreement of peace and cooperation between Muslims and Jews of Medina.

we have taken it's reverse effect. We are in constant war with India and left the enemy who's at some distance. We claim Kashmir problem as ours and other issues at some distance not directly related to us. With that Pakistan is becoming more and more self centric as well. This is not our nature and not what is desired approach. Now you can imagine what Pakistan is supposed to do.

We have to have good relations with India; who will take the first step? We, Muslims, the torch bearers of religion originating in Arab came to the Subcontinent. We are to tell that "we come in peace". We have no association with those who've come to India and destroyed the temples here.

Secondly, a big number of Muslims and also diaspora of this region are living in the UK, Canada and the US. They are happy there. But when it comes to Subcontinent and India, we become different in various aspects and cannot live together.

These are some points that need attention and can correct the basic flaws.

I agree with most of the points raised by you, however, allow me to put down my views. During my trips to European and South East Asian countries, I have come across many Pakistani nationals or people with Pakistani origins. All of them have been extremely courteous and polite even after knowing that I was an Indian. Some even went out of their way to help me. This has happened on many occasions and I am in touch with them.

Why does it all change (both parties involved) once we are closer home? How come we don't want relations with each other? I guess what we are trying to say is Pakistanis and Indians are good lads, it is the Governments that are keeping us apart.

Oh by the way,one of my posts attracted a negative rating and I am curious to know how it works. How does one give a positive or negative rating for a post? Do you have to report it?

@AgNoStiC MuSliM - Thanks! It is post#4 on the first page of this thread. If it deserves a negative rating as per the rules of this forum, you may let it remain. I just want to know where I erred.
Negative rating reversed. I think the user that gave you a negative rating took umbrage at you suggesting he not comment on your threads and posts. Emotions are running high these days given recent events.

Negative rating reversed. I think the user that gave you a negative rating took umbrage at you suggesting he not comment on your threads and posts. Emotions are running high these days given recent events.

Thank you Sir. I agree about emotions boiling over. Perhaps it was a little too early for me to have behaved in that manner. I am to blame too.

I agree with most of the points raised by you, however, allow me to put down my views. During my trips to European and South East Asian countries, I have come across many Pakistani nationals or people with Pakistani origins. All of them have been extremely courteous and polite even after knowing that I was an Indian. Some even went out of their way to help me. This has happened on many occasions and I am in touch with them.

Why does it all change (both parties involved) once we are closer home? How come we don't want relations with each other? I guess what we are trying to say is Pakistanis and Indians are good lads, it is the Governments that are keeping us apart.

BTW we could have good relations with Israel as well. At the moment focus is on how do one secure one's neighborhood.

@MastanKhan you have been advocating that Pakistan should participate in different military campaigns. Before that it is important to have cordial neighborhood. But in this regard your point of view has been completely different, particularly towards India and Indian Muslims. Would you like to change it now?

Aman - Om Shanti

I hope I will be forgiven if I come across romantic / idealistic or if I come across as a verbose dreamer in this post. Whatever you construe, I am about to write down something that I have felt very strongly about for a long time. It is an honour for me to be able to post it on this particular form. If you feel that I am a John Lennon fan, you are damn right! imagine that.

Yes there have been conflicts amongst the two nations. The successive governments and leaders have pointed fingers at each other and attempted to brain wash / poison the populace against our neighbours. If the political agendas were not understood by the aam aadmi, religion was easier to use as a stepping stone for fomenting hatred. ‘Pakistan was Islam was Muslim and they ate beef and Indians were all Hindus who hated Muslims’ was a more convenient mantra to preach on either side of the border. Suddenly, the cow stands between Hinduism and Islam. Had the cows not existed, there would be no conflict.

After more than seven decades, thankfully, the powers that be have not succeeded completely, or have they? Dark days are upon us again, I first got a whiff of it about four years ago when on an international forum, I happened to declare my love for ‘Qaumi Taranah’ and was immediately vilified and labelled an ‘Anti National Chu_ _ _ _’. My social media presence was severely trolled till I tightened my security measures extensively. I mean, come on, it is a beautiful song with a haunting melody. What is wrong with appreciating good music? I fail to understand it. I was taught that the Pakistanis were religious bigots?!

1. That apart, do I absolve Pakistan of all blame in the past and ensuing conflicts? No.

2. Am I a patriotic Indian? You bet your *** I am.

3. Do I blame the Pak Defence Forces for the wars? No. They were just following orders.

3. Do I blame our politicians (both sides) for what happened in history? Of course I do.

4. Is Kashmir a real issue? Yes and No it depends if you use Empathy as a yardstick.

5. Who do I blame the most for this bad blood? Lord Mountbatten.

I have family members in the Indian Defence Forces who have served at the border and they have recanted to me several wonderful tales of bonhomie and camaraderie that they had experienced with the soldiers from across the border.

One story goes as such and it happened in the 1990’s. A unit from the Indian Army had replaced another at the border. Most of the members of the outgoing unit hailed form a particular ethnic group from North East India who were rumoured to be omnivores. A day later, a contingent from the Pakistani unit, led by a young Lieutenant carrying a white flag, approached the border and requested to meet the CO of the new Indian unit. Pleasantries having been exchanged, the Pakistanis unveiled a large cache of dry fruits and other savouries as a gift for the Indians. When the Pakistani Lieutenant was asked for the reason behind this warm welcome, his answer was rather sobering.

“Sir we wanted to be sure that ‘they’ had left and that you were a different lot. Woh log sab kuch kha gaya. Chidiya, jungli billi, suwar, kutta - kuch bhi nahin chora, Sirjee chuhaa bhi kha kar khatam kar diya! Humey to dar tha ki woh hummey bhi na kha jaaye. Welcome to the border Sir!”

Doubtless to say, peace prevailed in trust thereafter!

I don’t know if this really happened but I sure would like to believe it.

You just can’t draw a line across the homes of a joint family and separate two families on religious lines and instil hatred. That is just not done! The tragedy is that we have accepted it and that has resulted in misery for all and countless deaths.

I see beautiful and scenic videos of Pakistan on YouTube. It is a beautiful country and the street food looks delicious! One about the potato chips of Peshawar and another about Roomali roti from Karachi are mouth watering. Being a vegetarian by choice, for dinner I will settle for some Roomali Roti, Dry Tandoori Paneer Tikka and Pakhtooni daal followed by Phirni at Karachi, Rawalpindi, Islamabad or Lahore. The wife, however, would dig into the beef and the other non vegetarian delicacies for sure. We yearn to visit you and enjoy ourselves in your company. After all, once upon a time not so long ago, ‘you’ were ‘we’.

I regret that I do not speak for a lot of Indians and I pray that they are not the majority.

May peace and good sense prevail upon us. Insha Allah, Om Shanti.
Why are you obsessed with pakistan no one here in Pakistan Cares about your India and no we are not same people pakistan is a different country which just shares border with your India after the independence of khalistan this border would only be limited to thar desert

Why are you obsessed with pakistan no one here in Pakistan Cares about your India and no we are not same people pakistan is a different country which just shares border with your India after the independence of khalistan this border would only be limited to thar desert
Oh dear! I seem to have caught the interest of a taught parrot. Pakistan, my dear is spelled with a capital P. You are no one to comment about the population of Pakistan who cares about India. How old are you? Are you even adult, are you permitted to be here? Do your parents know that you are a part of this forum? Have you read History lad? If you did, you wouldn't be asking me why I am 'obsessed' with Pakistan. Btw, I am not obsessed, just concerned. I am concerned about India too. Grow up. May maturity prevail upon you.

Oh dear! I seem to have caught the interest of a taught parrot. Pakistan, my dear is spelled with a capital P. You are no one to comment about the population of Pakistan who cares about India. How old are you? Are you even adult, are you permitted to be here? Do your parents know that you are a part of this forum? Have you read History lad? If you did, you wouldn't be asking me why I am 'obsessed' with Pakistan. Btw, I am not obsessed, just concerned. I am concerned about India too. Grow up. May maturity prevail upon you.
No my parents don't know I am here

No my parents don't know I am here
Respect your parents, respect God and remember that your Parents are God. Peace. Everything else can fall by the wayside. Parents, your belief in yourself and God are all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom