What's new

Aman Shanti

I don't know the specific post where you saw it being used but "Bhayya" is used in India to refer to men from Bihar and UP states.

@zulu , "Bhayya" means brother as in the Hindostani sense and means that the UP and Bihar people use "Bhayya" to call each other or others.

Used by others in a pejorative sense. Unfortunately.

Jamahir, Zulu - I joined this forum fully expecting to face a hostile crowd, not only from Pakistani members but also from the pseudo nationalistic 'Indian' keyboard warriors present here. The name calling against me has just started and I shall attempt to remain unruffled as long as I can. I am sure a certain group of people in my country have ascertained my IP address and location by now. It doesn't bother me, I will have my say.

Don't bother about them. Their bark is worse than their bite.

Here is the fun part : in next two centuries, we will loose many languages which are very much visible today e.g. GERMAN Sinhali. So, embrace the change.
Lol!!
You barely have any bhaiyyas. Punjabis will continue to dominate.

Other ethnicities will continue to feel insecure. Rest is easy to predict.

For nationalism to succeed you need homogeneity. Other wise nationalism will fuel sub nationalism and regionalism. As already happening in both countries.

Not more like; 31%, precisely. And the rest of us want him out, not that we want Pakistan or Pakistanis in. :D
NDA was 39 pc.

Why not?

They are also decent people. And far more egalitarian and just. Plus we share the same roots.

That's the tragedy every where.Tragedy in sense when an vernacular (boli),any local language disappeared we also lost centuries of wisdom information with it
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/world/18cnd-language.html

Indeed.

Try disappearing us.

NDA was 39 pc.

Why not?

They are also decent people. And far more egalitarian and just. Plus we share the same roots.

We are not talking NDA, but BJP. And the rest makes for an interesting discussion.

Finally, either we go by @Indus Pakistan or we go by you, about having the same roots; unless he has changed his mind and is nowadays concentrating on the twigs and branches. Given the choice, and if it is not too hurtful, I'd go by him.

Try to bear up against the pain of rejection.

Incidentally, I am a keen observer of who is present and who is absent in discussions such as these. I am strongly tempted to break out into Auld Lang Syne.

"Satya Seleukas, ki bichitro ei desh!" Dwijendralal Ray - Chandragupta. ;)

I know you won't like this, but you have been accused of being me. Just ignore that slur, as shall I, and move on. I am not allowed to quote the full saying by our erudite Moderators (the others except this one are all right), so I will merely say,"....the caravan moves on."

Indeed.

Try disappearing us.

We are not talking NDA, but BJP. And the rest makes for an interesting discussion.

Finally, either we go by @Indus Pakistan or we go by you, about having the same roots; unless he has changed his mind and is nowadays concentrating on the twigs and branches. Given the choice, and if it is not too hurtful, I'd go by him.

Try to bear up against the pain of rejection.

Incidentally, I am a keen observer of who is present and who is absent in discussions such as these. I am strongly tempted to break out into Auld Lang Syne.
He is a Pak nationalist. Ethnic pride. That is worse.

I would personally prefer a Sultanate that is just. Was it not far better than what bhakt rule gives us Indians?

Me?? Lionheart? Good joke. Here I am, hiding my true identity and creating a empathic (albeit fake) handle and posting on a forum administered by those guys across the border, what is worse is that I am eulogising their fallen heroes and paying tributes to them. Me a lionheart, no Sir. I am just a dreamer. I just see black and white and unlike you Sir, I bury my head in the sand. I am happy that way, happier than you. You see, you dwell in the past and the reality, I hope for the future - however impossible or rhetorical it may seem today. By the way, I have been involved in the research of Indo-Pak relationships and the socio political scenario of the sub-continent for the last 3 decades. I am no spring chicken. Jai Hind and all that old chap!

Back
Top Bottom