What's new

Alternate history, Mughal empire still surviving

Alternative History .... Maurya Empire ... ruling all over the world :) ...
people speaking Sanskrit from Peru to Japan from Russian to Africa... :)
with Patliputra as capital city ... lol

I sure would like to convert this fiction into reality. Just Imagine all of India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh under the same Power making progress as a nation with Justice and Equality for all as in the days of Akbar the Great.

But then again, I am a Mughal and may be biased in favour of the Mughal empire.

Do they contain stories about Canada or Mexico ruling USA? Or maybe, the local Indian tribes ruling over Europe?

Yes, they do sometimes, or the Aztecs never falling etc. Various different outcomes of our Civil war are often popular, or time travell to other times.

Better Native Americans as the ruling class.

Sorry dude..I am no fan of Kingdoms or Kings.Its nice to read about them but not to live under them in this age and time..but I prefer a constitutional monarchy like Britain though with monarchs having much reduced power.

only one thing was good in kingdom :cheers: and MUJRA :bounce:
LOOK HERE DUDE :smitten:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mughals were Crushed to Death by the Marathas. So Muslims would be Living in a Hindu Swarajya. :lol:

Now Replace Mughals and Muslims with Marathas and Hindus. That makes Sense. :tup:

The Mughal Empire would have flourished if not for Aurangzeb. Aurangzeb is single handedly responsible for sowing seeds of religious hatred. There was religious friction during the rule of other Mughals but Aurangzeb was the first true fanatic. Anyways - look at the British Empire in 1946 and the map would be exactly the same. So if the Cabinet Mission Plan had been adopted by the Congress - it was accepted by Jinnah and the Muslim League - India might still look the same.

Alternate history is for people living in alternate worlds..

I guess these Bengalis consider themselves equal Mughal as their previous western counterparts think.. Every kid roaming on the street may not be able to tell his name but he will say "I am Mughal"

The Mughal Empire would have flourished if not for Aurangzeb. Aurangzeb is single handedly responsible for sowing seeds of religious hatred. There was religious friction during the rule of other Mughals but Aurangzeb was the first true fanatic. Anyways - look at the British Empire in 1946 and the map would be exactly the same. So if the Cabinet Mission Plan had been adopted by the Congress - it was accepted by Jinnah and the Muslim League - India might still look the same.

True Aurangzeb alone was responsible for its downfall... If he had made peace with marathas, his treasury would not have got dried, and peace would have been ensured... He went after Sikh gurus to earn their enimity...

He was very aggressive and pissed off a lot of people in his empire.

This lead groups like the Marathas, Sikhs, etc to wage war against him.

He succeeded in quelling the rebelling at first, but what he left his successor was a broke empire who's territory was getting taken by the Marathas.

He did too much.

So far the discussions are going in a positive flow. I hope this does not end up into a troll thread.

I think more realistically, had British not intervened/invaded the sub-continent, then present day Pakistan/Afghanistan and Indian Punjab and Indian Kashmir would have been part of the Sikh empire, while everything else (India + BD) would have become part of the Maratha empire. The Mughal empire had disintegrated in front of the Marathas and Sikhs well before the British came.

Since we are talking about alternate history here, I would like to add that the map presented in the OP would have been what India would look like anyways had the 1946 Cabinet mission plan been accepted. So its not like it would need Mughal rule to look like that, it could look like that as a democratic secular unit had the Cabinet Mission Plan been accepted in 1946.

^^ what Shivaji Maharaj was doing was affecting other peoples too

Chatrasaal bundela revolted against mughals

Maharaja Rajsingh was already headache for mughals

so Aurangzeb's move to invade marathas was right

Yes, they do sometimes, or the Aztecs never falling etc. Various different outcomes of our Civil war are often popular, or time travell to other times.

Actually there is a mokumentary on this:

Also alternate history of WW 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom