What's new

'Almost all Pak pacers tampered with ball' : Shoaib Akhtar

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
'Almost all Pak pacers tampered with ball' : Shoaib Akhtar

Controversial Pakistani speedster Shoaib Akhtar has created a flutter by openly admitting that he, along with all his contemporaries in the team, have regularly indulged in ball-tampering.
:p:P:p:devil:

Pakistan fast bowlers over generations have always been under scanner for ball-tampering whenever they have got the ball to swing more than usual but Akhtar is the first to admit that he indulged in the malpractice, which is banned in international cricket.

"Almost all Pakistani fast bowlers have tampered with the ball. I may be the first one to openly admit to it but everybody is doing it," the maverick fast bowler has revealed in his just-published autobiography "Controversially Yours."

Akhtar, who was twice suspended by International Cricket Council (ICC) for ball tampering during his career, defends the speed merchants for indulging in this illegal cricketing activity.

"After years of not allowing bouncers, in 2001, the ICC ruled that only one would be allowed per over. The pitches are dead and slow and made to order for batting. It's the bowlers who are curtailed. It's like giving match practice to people.

We are hit all over the ground," he lamented in his book.

In his tell-all book, Akhtar cited examples of how he had indulged in doctoring the ball during his playing career. It was in a three-nation tournament in Sri Lanka after 2003 World Cup, the bowler recalled an incident in Dambulla while playing against New Zealand.

'Almost all Pak pacers tampered with ball': Cricketnext

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

I tampered with the ball many times: Shoaib

Former Pakistani pacer Shoaib Akhtar made some some startling revelations about his autobiography 'Controversially Yours', the most shocking of which was that he tampered with the ball on many occasions during his playing days.

Known as the Rawalpindi Express, Akhtar went on to say that Lalit Modi and Shahrukh Khan prevented him from joining the now defunct Indian Cricket League (ICL).

He claimed that Wasim Akram did not encourage new fast bowlers and went on to add that Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid were not match winners to begin with.

Often in the news for the wrong reasons, Akhtar said that the Pakistan team was often approached by match-fixers when they were in India.

The problem child of Pakistan cricket for so many years, Shoaib Akhtar seems to have done no harm to his reputation of creating controversies by making these statements.

He has not spared former or current cricketers who are legends in their own right and by having a go at them after he himself has quit the game, Akhtar has succeeded in achieving his objective of hogging the limelight.

I tampered with the ball many times: Shoaib: Cricketnext

Sachin scared of me, says Shoaib Akhtar in his biography - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Pakistan cricket's enfant terrible Shoaib Akhtar has stirred yet another controversy, this time questioning the class and temperament of India's batting stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

In his just-published biography " Controversially Yours", the temperamental Pakistan speedster hasaccused Tendulkar of being scared to face his scorching pace on a slow Faisalabad track.

He also claimed that Tendulkar and Dravid were not match-winners nor did they know the art of finishing games

"....Vivian Richards, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara and the likes of them are great batsmen who dominated with the bat and were truly match-winners. Initially, when I bowled against Sachin, I found these qualities missing. He might have had more runs and records, he lacked the ability to finish the game," he said in the book, to be formally launched on Friday.

Akhtar, who announced his retirement during the World Cup this year, also cited an example where he felt that Sachin was mighty scared to face him.

"We would have faced a humbling defeat in the series but for the fact that we reined in Sachin Tendulkar.

"What went in our favour was that Sachin was suffering from tennis elbow! This severely handicapped the great batsman. We managed to psychologically browbeat him.

"We bounced the ball at him and were able to unnerve him. I returned to the dressing room that first day with the knowledge that Sachin was not comfortable facing fast and rising ball. He was distinctly uncomfortable against me. That was enough to build on", he said.

"I bowled (Sachin) a particularly fast ball which he, to my amazement didn't even touch. He walked away! That was the first time, I saw him walk away from me-- that, too, on the slow track at Faisalabad. It got my hunting instincts up and in the next match I hit him on the head and he couldn't score after that", Akhtar wrote.

The 36-year-old Akhtar, who had scalped 178 wickets in 46 Test and 247 I wickets in 163 ODIs, said that Tendulkar and Dravid who have together conjured over 56,000 international runs (over 33,000 by Tendulkar and over 23,000 by Dravid) are not "match winners".

"I think players like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid weren't exactly match winners to start with, nor did they know the art of finishing the game," Shoaib said.

Akhtar who played for Shah Rukh Khan co-owned Kolkata Knight Riders during IPL has accused the Bollywood superstar and former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi of "cheating."

"Shahrukh and I talked about my not being happy with the money settled on me. Shahrukh and Modi got me to agree. I should have never listened to Modi and Shahrukh," he said in the book.

Akhtar also spoke at length about politics in Pakistan Cricket Board. He didn't shy away from taking a dig at two former captains Wasim Akram and Shoaib Malik.

He didn't stop short of calling Malik a "stoodge of PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf" and that's why he was made the captain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking cheap shot @ god ...? well .....Shoaib Akhtar just proved himself to be another guy who can throw ball really fast ..and nothing more ...:drag::drag:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akram was reluctant to play me: Shoaib

895ba3b7128696125e7ec9f11ad2c3dd_full.jpg

Shoaib Akhtar in his autobiography ‘Controversially Yours’ has accused Waseem Akram of trying to ruin his career. He says he succeeded in keeping him out of the first Test match but it was the board that insisted that new blood must be given a chance.

The following are excerpts from his autobiography:

What can I tell you about my first Test match! The one I had prepared for all my life. Wasim Akram was the captain and he told the board he wouldn’t play Shoaib come what may. Perhaps he wished to continue with the previous team because he was satisfied with its performance or perhaps he didn’t want to encourage the emergence of a new fast bowler. Perhaps the memory of my outburst in Karachi held him back. Whatever the reason, Wasim succeeded in keeping me out of the first Test but the board insisted that new blood be given a chance; they wanted him to try me out in particular. The result was that I became the discordant note within the team, the bone of contention between Wasim and the selectors.

The Pakistan Cricket Board had announced that I would play and the team’s captain had responded by threatening to quit if I did. But the board held on. So Wasim pushed the issue further and said five other members of the team were threatening to not play if Shoaib was allowed to. There was a division in the team even before the match started, and a controversy arose in which I unwittingly played a part. On one side was me, a mere youngster, and on the other side were the senior players, all of them in a state of mutiny. I sat quietly at the back of the dressing room, horrified at this turn of events. I didn’t want to exacerbate matters by being visible or audiable.

Majid Khan phoned Salim Altaf, who was the chief selector at the time, an told him to ask Wasim if he would abide by the board’s decision or else he was sending replacements and would accept Wasim’s resignation as captain. Wasim backed down but was furious with the decision and came back to the dressing room, shouting and swearing. I was to bear the burnt of his ire. I wanted to ask if anyone could explain to me how all this was my fault but I kept quite. This was my first Test match, so you can imagine my state – I was all nerves! It was only when I saw Wasim striding out for the toss in a ferocious mood that I allowed myself to believe that I was going to play.

Akram was reluctant to play me: Shoaib

IF YOU GUYS LIKE TO BELIEVE please believe his whole book specially what he write for indians :P

So, do the Indians also believe then that Sachin was scared of him?

Cannot really believe it, or else the ICC would have caught on.

You cannot deny, the 2 W's and IK and all of their greatness.

Back
Top Bottom