What's new

'Allah' for Muslims only: Malaysia's top court

Kinda like how the Muslims made up the word 'revert', thereby implying ALL were originally borned Muslims and so many strayed. Jesus failed and now it is up to Muhammad to do the job of returning the wayward ones to the faith -- Islam.

it works both ways! what about die-hard missionaries who claim only their path is the righteous one, all others are flawed

dont think this "revert" thing applies only to some Muslims

Don't Christian arabs in the middle east call God Allah too?

I know Egyptian Copts who refer to their Lord as "Allah"

and there are no problems

if a muslims faith is so weak that he/she will convert to other religion by talking to other ppl from other religions , so be it . lol
But if there is a Muslim dominated government, may be the government should take steps to protect their weaker brothers and sisters ? Looks like Malaysia is not going far enough with this weak language law. Malaysia should quarantine all Christians, the next best thing after killing, in order to prevent all possible interactions between the deceitful Christians, and possibly Jews disguised as Christians, from talking to these weaker Muslim brothers and sisters.

it works both ways! what about die-hard missionaries who claim only their path is the righteous one, all others are flawed

dont think this "revert" thing applies only to some Muslims
Although a lapsed Catholic, I was never raised to believe that we are all borned Christians. In fact, the Church acknowledged that those who never heard of Jesus are to be thought of being of another religion. Claiming one's religion to be the 'true path' is not the same as saying all are borned into a certain religion, which clearly implied that Islam is the only religion.

You are way off base, here.

The Arabic word Allah, used also by Arabic Christians, is no more no less related to the Aramaic Alaha than to the Hebrew Elohim. The three share a common linguistic root....

Arab Christians use the Allah
Dearest of all , as a syrian u know that these stupid rulings are just some mistakes and has nothing to do with islam .

i know you're christian and i'm so sorry if u get offended by these kind of stupid idiots on a daily basis ..

That is not how it works :lol: the bigotry is coming from you, not me. I am not the one that misinterprets a common usage of a words probably due to paranoia towards Christians and then label Christian missionaries as deceptive.

At least bring some fact to the argument, stop making unsubstantiated claims about missionaries. Unless of course you have hard evidence.

Again, where is the proof. I can claim that Muslim missionaries rob people or practice black magic or whatever else i choose, but just because i say so does not make it true, and trying to convince others that they do those things would make me look foolish.

FACT, you have no argument and you're a bigot.

Your argument is as stale as a bag of moldy cheese. Your doctor metaphor is silly and completely deviates from the topic, everyone knows that a person can not call themselves a doctor and practice medicine if they are not licensed. No one needs a special title or education to practice free speech. The topic is borrowed words, which every language borrows some words from another, English borrows a lot of words from other languages, by this token you should be very careful of what English words you use and if someone is unhappy because it offends them you need to stop using those words and figure out substitutions. How does that sound?

Again this is about language usage and not medicine. Malaysia is predominately Muslim, its culture and language has a lot of influence from the Arab world. Christians Malaysians are born into this culture, you can't regulate someone mother tongue. It's no ones business how they speak.

Just throwing words around when you haven't got the faintest clue about the subject or the context makes YOU the imbecile.

I am not here to educate you about the history of this subject in Malaysia and the reason why this issue has risen to the top court.

No one here is bigoted against Christians. Your ignorance of reality does not give you an excuse to hide behind labels.

The comparison with the word 'doctor' is eminently applicable because the word 'doctor' by itself has no connection to medicine. One can hold a PhD in history and legitimately call themselves a 'doctor'. The problem happens when someone abuses the word with the deliberate intention to deceive people. That is what Christian missionaries in Malaysia were doing.

The Arabic word Allah, used also by Arabic Christians, is no more no less related to the Aramaic Alaha than to the Hebrew Elohim. The three share a common linguistic root....

Arab Christians use the Allah

Thanks for that input, my friend.

Although a lapsed Catholic, I was never raised to believe that we are all borned Christians. In fact, the Church acknowledged that those who never heard of Jesus are to be thought of being of another religion. Claiming one's religion to be the 'true path' is not the same as saying all are borned into a certain religion, which clearly implied that Islam is the only religion.

You are way off base, here.

it's you who is not only off-base, but you're making a big deal and generalizing about something that happened in one country...by the way as a Muslim I hold Jesus Christ (PBUH) - aka Hazrat ISSA in high esteem and regards

Kinda like how the Muslims made up the word 'revert', thereby implying ALL were originally borned Muslims and so many strayed. Jesus failed and now it is up to Muhammad to do the job of returning the wayward ones to the faith -- Islam.

Now, now we would not want to offend certain hyper sensitive members here. Only they have the privilege labeling certain groups of people as unsavory.

I am talking about how Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics in non-Arab countries. In non-Arab countries, Allah is a borrowed Arabic word that normally refers to the Islamic God.

Nobody's butt hurt and the only bigot here is YOU since you are incapable of accepting that some Christian missionaries behave unscrupulously. Just because you refuse to accept the reality of what Christian missionaries do, including in India where they get burned by angry Hindu mobs for their proselytizing, it won't change the facts.

The FACT is that Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics, including money, to lure poor gullible villagers,

As for your laughable ignorance of how language works, let me give you an example: in ordinary language, many people use the word 'doctor' loosely. However, if someone advertised themselves as a 'doctor' and it was determined that it was being used to deceive people, then the state would regulate the usage of that word. In this case, the word 'Allah' is used be come missionaries as a deliberately deceptive tool, and it is perfectly reasonable for the government to decide proper usage of that word.

In short, what I am saying is that this whole issue came to the fore because of the misbehavior of Christian missionaries in Malaysia.

Not all Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics, actually. For those who are guided by the Spirit of God, the man will naturally go to where Truth beckons him.

But if there is a Muslim dominated government, may be the government should take steps to protect their weaker brothers and sisters ? Looks like Malaysia is not going far enough with this weak language law. Malaysia should quarantine all Christians, the next best thing after killing, in order to prevent all possible interactions between the deceitful Christians, and possibly Jews disguised as Christians, from talking to these weaker Muslim brothers and sisters.
i dont like your tune and i dont get your sarcasm if there is any (cause u probably suck in it) .

as i said before , i agree that this ruling was mere stupidity and misjudgment . there are heck lot of stupid and disgusting things happening all over the world . but this doesnt mean that its islam or christianity's fault .

its our fault . just take a look :

Muslim Discrimination Cases Disproportionately High In U.S.

Islamophobia: Understanding Anti-Muslim Sentiment in the West

1.In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
2.All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the Alameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
(Surah Al-Fatiha)

So,from verse no. 2 of Surah Al-Fatiha it is clear that ALLAH is Lord of all mankind not just for muslims.

Just throwing words around when you haven't got the faintest clue about the subject or the context makes YOU the imbecile.

Be more specific, instead of running your mouth and not coming up with anything concrete bring in specifics. Are we not talking about borrowed word and people like you getting butt hurt about it?

I am not here to educate you about the history of this subject in Malaysia and the reason why this issue has risen to the top court.

I don't need an education lesson from someone that has no education. Great attempt to deviate away from the topic, although it didn't work.

No one here is bigoted against Christians. Your ignorance of reality does not give you an excuse to hide behind labels.

Because you have only been so kind towards Christians.

The comparison with the word 'doctor' is eminently applicable because the word 'doctor' by itself has no connection to medicine. One can hold a PhD in history and legitimately call themselves a 'doctor'. The problem happens when someone abuses the word with the deliberate intention to deceive people. That is what Christian missionaries in Malaysia were doing.

Again what missionaries, who are these phantom missionaries? You should also be careful you have been using words of Greek origin, you are offending me, you might convert Christians into Muslims, so stop it, use some other words from another language.

Not all Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics, actually. For those who are guided by the Spirit of God, the man will naturally go to where Truth beckons him.

I didn't say all Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics. I said some unscrupulous ones did. Read my post here.

I agree that there are many innocent Malaysian Christians who would use Allah in an innocuous way, but it is also true that missionaries abuse it in the way I mentioned. It is unfortunate that a few bad apples have to spoil it for the majority. Perhaps a better solution is to allow 'Allah' for everybody and use some other means to regulate missionaries.

@Developereo , @dexter , @Jaanbaz, @gambit

"And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender."

Surah. 29:46

AMEN. AMEEN.

Back
Top Bottom