What's new

'Allah' for Muslims only: Malaysia's top court

The Arabic word Allah, used also by Arabic Christians, is no more no less related to the Aramaic Alaha than to the Hebrew Elohim. The three share a common linguistic root....

Arab Christians use the Allah

You are talking about religion so what else can you talk about ? How do you know your version of heaven is the true one ? How abstract can you get ? Your daily prayers are to who ? How do you know your version of God, aka 'Allah', is the true god of the universe, assuming there is one in the first place ? So how abstract can you get ? The Muslims claims that the three Abrahamic faiths worships the same God. Then why get so offended if a Christian use 'Allah' to describe this same God ?
What everyone is trying to tell you is in what context and for what end it is used in Malaysia?
Arab christians use Allah like muslims in the same context, and there never been a problem, so the only weak one here is yourself, since those Malaysian judges operate like any other judges in the world, they base their decisions on evidence alone, the have sworn to that.

Good decision.

Praying to 'Allah' is used by Christian missionaries to fool people into coming into their church and try converting them.
you're wrong, because the word Allah was used before missionaries started..... Christ himself said it, in Aramaic Alaha ( God) which the word Allah share the root

We dont recieve an automatic ticket to jannah for converting a muslim to our religion, so dont worry - we wont be wasting our time on a worthless affair - so u r safe because there is no 72 virgins waiting for us even if we kill the non believers.
You can get a ticket from some christians, they used to sell them for quite a long time, this is only one of ther tricks for mass mind control. No wonder why some people get suspicious with their tricks.

You can get a ticket from some christians, they used to sell them for quite a long time, this is only one of ther tricks for mass mind control. No wonder why some people get suspicious with their tricks.

I agree with the topic and the actions, Allah and everything associated with it should belong to muslims only and exclusively.

Jesus is a part of Islam.

I have no problem with people promoting their religion, as long as they are up-front about it.

A common tactic that Muslims use when speaking to Christians is to convince Christians that Christ was a Muslim, this does not bother me because most Christians that know the Bible and at least some of the Quran can see this is a silly argument, so it does not bother me. But it seems that Christians have hit a nerve in you for simply using their native tongue.

The fact is, and your denial won't change reality, that there are unscrupulous missionaries who use the word 'Allah' to lure unsuspecting villagers into their camps, under the impression that they are attending Muslim prayers.

I can make things up too. Do those missionaries also lure people in to rob them? I can also claim Muslim missionaries lure people in by claiming that Jesus was Muslim, then those missionaries rob the unsuspecting. You see how the game works?

If the missionaries were up-front and said they were recruiting Christians, that would be a different matter.

What missionaries? The article talks about language usage and some bigots getting butt hurt about it. If you bothered reading the article you would see the quote which mentions that Malaysians refer to god as Allah because it is a borrowed word. Much like Russian has borrowed words from German and French because of their influence in the 17th and 18th centries but most Russians do not even know this and assume that the words are Russian.

you're wrong, because the word Allah was used before missionaries started..... Christ himself said it, in Aramaic Alaha ( God) which the word Allah share the root

I am talking about how Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics in non-Arab countries. In non-Arab countries, Allah is a borrowed Arabic word that normally refers to the Islamic God.

A common tactic that Muslims use when speaking to Christians is to convince Christians that Christ was a Muslim, this does not bother me because most Christians that know the Bible and at least some of the Quran can see this is a silly argument, so it does not bother me. But it seems that Christians have hit a nerve in you for simply using their native tongue.

I can make things up too. Do those missionaries also lure people in to rob them? I can also claim Muslim missionaries lure people in by claiming that Jesus was Muslim, then those missionaries rob the unsuspecting. You see how the game works?

What missionaries? The article talks about language usage and some bigots getting butt hurt about it. If you bothered reading the article you would see the quote which mentions that Malaysians refer to god as Allah because it is a borrowed word. Much like Russian has borrowed words from German and French because of their influence in the 17th and 18th centries but most Russians do not even know this and assume that the words are Russian.

Nobody's butt hurt and the only bigot here is YOU since you are incapable of accepting that some Christian missionaries behave unscrupulously. Just because you refuse to accept the reality of what Christian missionaries do, including in India where they get burned by angry Hindu mobs for their proselytizing, it won't change the facts.

The FACT is that Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics, including money, to lure poor gullible villagers,

As for your laughable ignorance of how language works, let me give you an example: in ordinary language, many people use the word 'doctor' loosely. However, if someone advertised themselves as a 'doctor' and it was determined that it was being used to deceive people, then the state would regulate the usage of that word. In this case, the word 'Allah' is used be come missionaries as a deliberately deceptive tool, and it is perfectly reasonable for the government to decide proper usage of that word.

In short, what I am saying is that this whole issue came to the fore because of the misbehavior of Christian missionaries in Malaysia.

Last edited:
There is only one God and this entity loves all of its creation.

There is only one God and this entity loves all of its creation.

BTW, Allah is an Arabic word that means GOD.

When Arab Christians worship in their Churches they are Praying to Allah ( GOD ).

whats that mean in urdu ?

It is is not Urdu but Arabic
It means May there be peace upon you

Surprising you live in India and don't know what it means :angel:

Last edited:
the Koran is in Arabic so its right to call God - Allah but the Bible in Malaysia is either Malay or English, and the Malay /English equivalent should be used for God and not use an Arabic name . this is a deceptive tactic employed by the Christian missionaries to cheat and con Muslim

Is god in the Hindi Bible also referred to as Allah ?
in Hindi Bible God is refereed as : Prabhu .( प्रभु )...!!!

According to the article, the title, Allah, is exclusive only to Muslim people in Malaysia to pray in upon calling A CREATOR.
I don't support the idea as Allah means A CREATOR; the worlds is created by A CREATOR AND THERE IS NONE LIKE HIM.
I am guessing there must be reason behind this decision to enforce as per according to the article to avoid the confusion can be easily exploited by third-parties as suggested by several members here. This is serious as the naivety of Muslim people is the tentamount to being easily manipulated even if your faith is strong, Allahu Alim.

This reminds me of another another incident occured during the era of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). The problem is not the same, but the situation is somewhat resemblance as the intention of misusing was clear, and perhap still is, Allahu Alim.

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Do not give the People of the Book the greeting first. Force them to the narrowest part of the road."

The reasons behind this;

Anas said, "A Jew passed by the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, saying, 'Peace be upon you.' His Companions returned the salam.' The Prophet said, 'The Jew said, 'Poison (sam) be upon you.' He caught hold of the Jew who admitted it.' The Prophet said, 'Answer him with what he said.'"

Ibn 'Abbas said, "Return the greeting to whomever it is, Jew, Christian, or Magian. That is because Allah says, 'When you are greeted with a greeting, greet with one better than it or return it.' (4:86)"

Jabir said, "Some of the Jews greeted the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, by saying, 'Poison be upon you (as-Samu 'alaykum)' and the Prophet replied, 'And on you.' 'A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, said angrily, 'Didn't you hear what they said?' The Prophet replied, 'Yes, and I answered them. What I said about them will be accepted and what they said about me will not be accepted.'"

On the funny note;

'Abdu'r-Rahman said, "Ibn 'Umar passed by a Christian who greeted him and Ibn 'Umar returned the greeting He was told that the man was a Christian. When he learned that, he went back to him and said, 'Give me back my greeting.'"

source;Al-Adab al-Mufrad al-Bukhari - The People of
the Book - SunniPath Library - Hadith

^ It is easy to comment, but protecting people from being manipulated is the top priority as the situations was forced on the Malaysia's top court which led Malaysia to enforce this rule in order to distinct these religions clearly to maintain the harmony in the multicultural communities.

Nobody's butt hurt and the only bigot here is YOU since you are incapable of accepting that some Christian missionaries behave unscrupulously.

That is not how it works :lol: the bigotry is coming from you, not me. I am not the one that misinterprets a common usage of a words probably due to paranoia towards Christians and then label Christian missionaries as deceptive.

At least bring some fact to the argument, stop making unsubstantiated claims about missionaries. Unless of course you have hard evidence.

Just because you refuse to accept the reality of what Christian missionaries do, including in India where they get burned by angry Hindu mobs for their proselytizing, it won't change the facts.

Again, where is the proof. I can claim that Muslim missionaries rob people or practice black magic or whatever else i choose, but just because i say so does not make it true, and trying to convince others that they do those things would make me look foolish.

The FACT is that Christian missionaries use deceptive tactics, including money, to lure poor gullible villagers,

FACT, you have no argument and you're a bigot.

As for your laughable ignorance of how language works, let me give you an example: in ordinary language, many people use the word 'doctor' loosely. However, if someone advertised themselves as a 'doctor' and it was determined that it was being used to deceive people, then the state would regulate the usage of that word. In this case, the word 'Allah' is used be come missionaries as a deliberately deceptive tool, and it is perfectly reasonable for the government to decide proper usage of that word.

In short, what I am saying is that this whole issue came to the fore because of the misbehavior of Christian missionaries in Malaysia.

Your argument is as stale as a bag of moldy cheese. Your doctor metaphor is silly and completely deviates from the topic, everyone knows that a person can not call themselves a doctor and practice medicine if they are not licensed. No one needs a special title or education to practice free speech. The topic is borrowed words, which every language borrows some words from another, English borrows a lot of words from other languages, by this token you should be very careful of what English words you use and if someone is unhappy because it offends them you need to stop using those words and figure out substitutions. How does that sound?

Again this is about language usage and not medicine. Malaysia is predominately Muslim, its culture and language has a lot of influence from the Arab world. Christians Malaysians are born into this culture, you can't regulate someone mother tongue. It's no ones business how they speak.

A common tactic that Muslims use when speaking to Christians is to convince Christians that Christ was a Muslim,...
Kinda like how the Muslims made up the word 'revert', thereby implying ALL were originally borned Muslims and so many strayed. Jesus failed and now it is up to Muhammad to do the job of returning the wayward ones to the faith -- Islam.

if a muslims faith is so weak that he/she will convert to other religion by talking to other ppl from other religions , so be it . lol

a muslim , is a person who's faith and logic and knowledge is so strong that not even a an army of christians can make him convert by talking to him/her .

well said!

Back
Top Bottom