What's new

All stories on Ukraine airliner tragedy

They didn’t try to cover up anything. Removing aircraft debris from a crash site is standard procedure. Iran invited foreign investigators, shared the black boxes and voice, they didn’t have to do anything. They chose to admit their mistake. They could have denied it
It is NOT standard procedure; Stop with your lies and sanitising of facts please.

When facts were right in their face they had to own up.

Yes , and the mullahs death cult has been celebrating it for the last 30 years.

Only recently they added this graffiti to US past embassy in Tehran :

5dbdece22030272f657cb46a.jpg

2f353ffb-613d-489a-8b89-15e0dffbfd51.jpg

~

Ouch, that must have hit a nerve!

Ukraine can do the same for next 30 years. Terrorist US Empire can assist.

Someone shared this today on twitter. Pakistan was in a similar position during India Pakistan tensions after Abhinandan went down. India had wished Pakistan shoot down this airliner coming from India. But thank God for Pakistan Air force's professionalism, they avoided any knee jerk reactions because of an intruding plane who might have been a IAF fighter jet.

It's a mature step from Iran that it stepped up and decided to take full responsibility for this tragic incident. I hope Iran pays out compensation to the families of those who lost their loved ones. Most likely the Crews for Air Defence were likely expecting an American response, and were on a hair trigger as their positions would be targeted first.

I hope those who were criticizing Pakistan for closing down its airspace after the skirmish with India will understand that civilian life is paramount. This is the reason why Pakistan closed down the airspace to avoid the chance of something as horrible as this.

It's a mature step from Iran that it stepped up and decided to take full responsibility for this tragic incident. I hope Iran pays out compensation to the families of those who lost their loved ones. Most likely the Crews for Air Defence were likely expecting an American response, and were on a hair trigger as their positions would be targeted first.

I hope those who were criticizing Pakistan for closing down its airspace after the skirmish with India will understand that civilian life is paramount. This is the reason why Pakistan closed down the airspace to avoid the chance of something as horrible as this.
absolutey correct
I agree that closing our airspace during last Feb to March was a great decision

rest in peace to the dead of this tragedy. I fee sad for Iranians because they will loose some sympathy and appreciation for standing up to a war thug in whitehouse but I am equally upset as well that the jet was actually taking off from Tehran airport so there was not much excuse in mistaking it. some heads must roll since Iran has officially accepted the responsibility although a bit late in my opinion. I do credit them that they avoided complete denial

Pakiatan acted much better, scrambling plane for visual ID, iran shouldve done that .. tell you that iran does not have central command integrarion with ATC system

https://uk.reuters.com/article/iran...an-source-idUKL1N29D1DU?utm_source=reddit.com

OTTAWA, Jan 8 (Reuters) - The initial assessment of Western intelligence agencies is that a Ukrainian airliner which crashed in Iran on Wednesday was not brought down by a missile, said a Canadian security source.

The source, who declined to be identified, said the agencies believed the Boeing 737 plane had suffered a technical malfunction. The Ukraine International Airline jet crashed shortly after takeoff from Tehran, killing all 176 people on board. (Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Amran Abocar and Chizu Nomiyama)

The West really ought to STFU about Iran shooting down the Ukrainian Airliner. Particularly when no one was crying tears ON CNN and BBC when Americans shot down an Iranian Airliner. Hypocrisy is what the West is best known for. Two faced, hypocritical j@ck@$$e$!

"3 July 1988 Iran Air #655 (Airbus A300) was shot down by an SM-2MR surface-to-air missile fired from USS Vincennes, a guided-missile cruiser of the United States Navy. All 290 passengers were killed."

Pakiatan acted much better, scrambling plane for visual ID, iran shouldve done that .. tell you that iran does not have central command integrarion with ATC system

That is correct, they don't have the level of sophistication that PAF possess. PAF's C4I is simply top notch, and is fully integrated into a Central Command giving them a full time view of Pakistan's airspace. Also, i feel less Iran didn't want to AirBorne its Jets as they likely would have been sitting ducks against the might of USAF.

The West really ought to STFU about Iran shooting down the Ukrainian Airliner. Particularly when no one was crying tears ON CNN and BBC when Americans shot down an Iranian Airliner. Hypocrisy is what the West is best known for. Two faced, hypocritical j@ck@$$e$!

"3 July 1988 Iran Air #655 (Airbus A300) was shot down by an SM-2MR surface-to-air missile fired from USS Vincennes, a guided-missile cruiser of the United States Navy. All 290 passengers were killed."

Agreed

But i hope Iran pays out a compensation the way US did to the families of the victims.

We had a lot of aviaton experts and conspiracy theory guys, no this is a fake video. This guy works for the cia, this guy can fart with out bad smell. They have laughed but we are the one who is laugh last and best on them. That being said, it is a tragedy.

Honestly, it is sad and utterly shameful to see bunch of trolls using this incident as a way to take out their frustration on Iran. Even a nation like the US, who is technologically decades ahead of other nations is not immune to such things. Sometimes mistakes happen, especially during the fog of war, and in this cause, it led to terrible outcome. What happened in this case, this plane was flying near a sensitive site and it suddenly reduced its altitude, a tor operator mistook this as an attack and the fired missile. Don't forget, the radar of a tor system simply cannot differentiate between a missile or a plane, and apparently operators did not have connection to the outside due to the jamming that was going on (caused by Iran itself) and thus could not confirm whether this was a "friend or foe"and this operator had to decide whether not shoot or not in a 10 second window.

So the blame here is not with the poor operator, the blame is on whoever did not fully enforce a completely ban on civilian flights during this time. So to the trolls trying to demean the Iranian air defence network, try to read into the full facts first and then talk. The IRGC did ask for a full stop to flights, but someone "higher" up did not allow.

You know what you are saying right now? That your AD hit an object in the air and for three days your AD and CA didn't know what did they hit.

Just tell me how it sounds and what it could do to the credibility of your AD and CA.

My friend, the blame here does not truly lie with the air defence, it lies which the clowns whom did not put a ban on the flights like the air defence unit asked. Read into what actually happened. I posted a small summary above.

US-Iran Conflict 2020
3 - 8 January 2020

Attack
US: 1 Drone Strike
Iran: 22 Ballistic Missiles

Casaulties
US: 0
Iran: 1 General, 56 Mourners, 82 Passengers

So much for Iranians chanting death to other nations.
Not really. Actually the conflict started when Iranian Shia proxies targeted US base and killed a US military contractor. I don't know if they thought the US will just let it go or something. The US retaliated more than they expected killing key figures in PMU linked to Iran (over 30 were killed)l and many more injured). These Iranian backed Shias militias later assaulted US Embassy in Iraq but just some damaged was done to the building (no casualties). The U S again responded by targeting and killing Iran's top general and Quds force leader(responsible for Iran's expeditionary military forces in the middle east/ Arab world) soleimani and together with top Iraqi Shia militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, an adviser to Soleimani, was also killed in the attack and other of their security staffs.
Subsequent Iranian civilian deaths you mentioned were caused by Iranian themselves.
All this was merely the result of these Iranian Shias militias targeting US base with missiles and killing merely 1 U.S military contractor in Kirkuk. So imagine the retaliation if there was many more US casualties thereafter.
Contrary to many, I believe this US massive retaliation was a good thing in the long term. It will make many of these Iranian backed militias to be more careful and reluctant in targeting US forces and I'm sure their patrons in Tehran will also advice them to exercise more restrain in future( we can see how Iran made sure there was no US casualty during their 'retaliation' against US bases recently, some say the other side was even warned in advance before missiles were launched) US is not KSA or FSA which can be bombed or killed without any repercussions. So I believe long term wise US action is a good thing for both Iran and the US , since it will reduce direct conflict between both sides.
So figures Wil be more like:
US- 1killed
Iran - about 40 killed by US directly and over 200killed indirectly due to Iran's own actions.

Deterent is the best medicine for peace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom