What's new

All of Karachi without electricity: KESC

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: The entire city was plunged into darkness on Wednesday evening after a major 600MW disruption from Wapda cascaded through the system, DawnNews quoted KESC officials as saying.

The lack of power is directly affecting the ability of emergency services such as hospitals, fire-fighters etc. to cope with Karachi’s stresses, and experts are worried that those without extensive back-up generation capacities may soon become totally crippled.

KESC spokesmen told DawnNews that teams were working hard to fix the problem, but would not give an estimate as to how long the solution would take. However, sources said it would take at least six hours to restore power.
DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | 80 per cent of Karachi without electricity: KESC

We need an operation to clean out our corrupt political leaders :guns: here in the 21st century we are losing power to a whole city :hitwall:

I recommend we force all the politicians to live in 1 bedroom apartments in the cities rather than the lush estates they enjoy; cut their pay to 15,000 rupees and only get 25 litres of fuel for a honda cd-70. :angry:

KESC claims restoration of electricity within 3 hrs

Updated at: 0106 PST, Thursday, June 18, 2009

KARACHI: The restoration of electricity to Karachi will be restored within three hours depending on the halt of further tripping of power plants, according to the spokesperson to Karachi Electric Supply Company (KESC).

Talking to Geo news, KESC spokesperson Aisha Arabi said the power break down was caused by fault in WAPDA power line.

She said the power supply to metropolis will be restored within three hours if more power plants are not tripped.

Electricity to some of the areas in Karachi have been restored, she divulged.

KESC claims restoration of electricity within 3 hrs - GEO.tv

The above is false. It lasted more than 8 hours for sure.

We need an operation to clean out our corrupt political leaders :guns: here in the 21st century we are losing power to a whole city :hitwall:

I recommend we force all the politicians to live in 1 bedroom apartments in the cities rather than the lush estates they enjoy; cut their pay to 15,000 rupees and only get 25 litres of fuel for a honda cd-70. :angry:

This is not a political problem but inherted by our late dictatorship selling off KESC for zilch what do you expect if you sell off a organ of the government for a buck, problems. We need to buy KESC back or kick out the current owner they have not spent a penny on anything new intead they have been filling their pockets with cash and transfering them to forign accounts.

Karachi contribution in GDP of Pakistan is 20%.
No Political leader is interested to solve problems of Karachi.
Is it impossible to reduce crime rate in Karachi?
Is it impossible to supply electricity to a city which is the backbone of country's economy?
Is it impossible to end religious and ethnic violence in city?

This is not a political problem but inherted by our late dictatorship selling off KESC for zilch what do you expect if you sell off a organ of the government for a buck, problems. We need to buy KESC back or kick out the current owner they have not spent a penny on anything new intead they have been filling their pockets with cash and transfering them to forign accounts.

You have pointed it right, they have got the same virus by tranferring the money to foreign accounts, just what as did by benzair and zzardari the looser.:coffee:

The real problem is the corruption in KESC. I have seen myself how the electricity is stolen with the cooperation of the KESC linemen, supervisors and engineers. Until and unless they are able to fix the problem of corruption in KESC, it will always be like this. No question about the shortfall, but in Karachi most of the time it is because of the overload, transformers blowups and line trips.

The real problem is the corruption in KESC. I have seen myself how the electricity is stolen with the cooperation of the KESC linemen, supervisors and engineers. Until and unless they are able to fix the problem of corruption in KESC, it will always be like this. No question about the shortfall, but in Karachi most of the time it is because of the overload, transformers blowups and line trips.

Yeah u r rite!
If i get the authority, i will remove all illegal connections! These illegal conections are burden on karachiites!
Then i will change underground cables faults, do u know our media caught PPP minister Khursheed Shah using illegal connections!

Must open this!
Khursheed Shah

Yeah u r rite!
If i get the authority, i will remove all illegal connections! These illegal conections are burden on karachiites!Then i will change underground cables faults, do u know our media caught PPP minister Khursheed Shah using illegal connections!

Must open this!
Khursheed Shah

Starting from where...90. Your job will be finish even before you start.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom