What's new

Alibaba: The Giant of e-Commerce

从不去双十一凑热闹
Then u go to hindu festival sales.

LeTV Sold out
屏幕快照 2016-10-23 23.40.09.jpg
321.jpg

I prefer DH gate. Never quite understood Alibaba. They show one price and when you communicate with them, the price increases and no free shipping :(

I prefer DH gate. Never quite understood Alibaba. They show one price and when you communicate with them, the price increases and no free shipping :(
i don't think you have access to Tmall, or you mean the overseas portal ali express which is not Tmall, a B2C website. In Tmall, you don't have to communicate. They are not small shop owners but companies that directly sell their branded products.

For example, Huawei's official online shop in Tmall
https://huaweistore.tmall.com/?spm=a1z10.3-b-s.w5001-14758655655.2.w6zyMs&scene=taobao_shop

11.11, Singles' Day of 2015: news & updates

1111RecapFinal.jpg

i don't think you have access to Tmall, or you mean the overseas portal ali express which is not Tmall, a B2C website. In Tmall, you don't have to communicate. They are not small shop owners but companies that directly sell their branded products.

For example, Huawei's official online shop in Tmall
https://huaweistore.tmall.com/?spm=a1z10.3-b-s.w5001-14758655655.2.w6zyMs&scene=taobao_shop

11.11, Singles' Day of 2015: news & updates

View attachment 345785
I think its overseas. Another problem is that their website lists details like FOB, CnF shipping etc whereas with DH gate i dont need to worry about such details. Just look for free shipping, talk to seller for a possible discount , most offer as soon as I tell them that i am from Pakistan, pay and done. It gets delivered either through AIr China or Hong Kong post.

Pre-sales start now!
Pay in 6 months, interest free!

mp35764529_1444883061872_4.jpeg

TB285u7XYWJ.eBjSspdXXXiXFXa_!!2838892713.jpg
TB267hyXLTJXuFjSspeXXapipXa_!!2838892713.jpg
TB2wMoFaByN.eBjSZFIXXXbUVXa_!!2838892713.jpg
TB22lpJXGa5V1Bjy0FaXXaXvpXa_!!2838892713.jpg
TB23uB5azm2.eBjSZFtXXX56VXa_!!2838892713.jpg

@Shotgunner51 @ahojunk @Mista @Götterdämmerung @Malik Abdullah @Lure @Zain Malik

I think its overseas. Another problem is that their website lists details like FOB, CnF shipping etc whereas with DH gate i dont need to worry about such details. Just look for free shipping, talk to seller for a possible discount , most offer as soon as I tell them that i am from Pakistan, pay and done. It gets delivered either through AIr China or Hong Kong post.
lol...in Tmall or Taobao, you can't do that!

Alibaba takes Singles' Day to global buyers, sellers
China Daily, October 21, 2016

China's Alibaba Group Holding Ltd is taking a step forward toward its goal of "buy global and sell global" by helping overseas merchants to sell to consumers outside the Chinese mainland during its upcoming Nov. 11 shopping festival.

001fd04cf03a1973f32201.jpg

The launch ceremony of Alibaba's Nov. 11 shopping festival in Hong Kong, Oct 20, 2016. [Photo provided to China Daily]

For the first time in history, hundreds of overseas brands on Alibaba's Tmall platform will be able to sell directly to online shoppers in Hong Kong and Taiwan, a move that is seen by Alibaba as testing the waters as it strives to achieve its ambitious goal of serving 2 billion consumers in 20 years.

Daniel Zhang, chief executive officer of Alibaba Group, said at an event in Hong Kong on Thursday, that globalization is one of the top priorities of the company.

"During the Nov. 11 shopping festival last year, we brought overseas brands to online shoppers in the mainland. This year, we hope to help more brands enter new markets and access consumers beyond the mainland," he said, adding that the company's next step would be to help overseas brands access shoppers in Southeast Asia.

Created on Nov. 11, 2009, by Alibaba, 11.11, or "Singles' Day", has become China's largest online shopping event. During the 24-hour sales event in 2015, Alibaba reported transactions of goods sold online of 91.2 billion yuan (US$13.55 billion).

By expanding globally, Lu Zhenwang, chief executive officer of Shanghai-based Wanqing Consultancy, said Alibaba is expected to set a record in the sales due to a larger shopper base.

"Alibaba's Nov. 11 sales are on track to exceed 100 billion yuan. But the continuous sales growth for such an event is not sustainable as the online shopping population in China will peak, and the majority of Alibaba's business still comes from China," Lu said.

His view was echoed by Adam Xu, a partner at multinational consultancy Strategy&. Xu said that there is still a promising future for e-commerce in China, but market growth would be increasingly spurred by expanding product offerings and shoppers' willingness to spend more online.

JD.com Inc, Alibaba's biggest rival in e-commerce in China, adopts a similar strategy. The company, which has formed a strategic alliance with Wal-Mart, plans to spur sales by helping Chinese consumers access to a wide variety of high-quality products imported by Wal-Mart from around the world.

Tmall going for luxury during 11/11 mega sale
China Daily, October 24, 2016

b8aeed98990b1977ab9007.jpg

Zhang Yong, CEO of Alibaba Group announces the launching of 2016 Tmall 11.11 Global Shopping Festival in Hong Kong, on Oct 20, 2016. [Sina Weibo]

Tmall, China's largest e-commerce site, will not only sell discounted items such as toilet paper and milk during the upcoming 11/11 shopping frenzy this year, but also exclusive luxury brands, such as Maserati automobiles and Guerlain's night cream, priced at 9,500 yuan ($1,400) for 50 milliliters.

Twenty Maserati Quattroporte GranLusso cars, retailing for 1.54 million yuan in China, will be sold exclusively on Tmall, the Italian auto brand jointly announce with Tmall on Sunday in Shanghai. Some other brands will also be sold as part of the festival warmup.

Alibaba said 80 percent of the world's first-class lifestyle brands are available on its B2C platform. By encouraging the brands to introduce new products during the 11/11 shopping frenzy-which will last 24 days instead of 24 hours this year, starting on Oct 21-the company expects the festival will tap into a higher-end market.

"The match of Maserati and Tmall has already been a success," said Pan Weili, senior marketing manager at Maserati China. In March, the company sold 100 SUVs in 18 seconds during a special promotion for the launch of its flagship on Tmall.

The target are customers Alibaba lists as Apass members. With an approach similar to the invitation-only Black Card system, Alibaba said its Apass members drove 100 million yuan in sales on its two retail platforms-Taobao and Tmall-every day in 2015. It declined to reveal the number of members.

"Online shopping has actually helped me to save money," said Amy Liu, a 28-year-old mother and Alibaba Apass member who spent more than 400,000 yuan last year. The bulk of her purchases are fashion pieces, including shoes, bags and clothes.

Last year, Alibaba achieved sales estimated at more than 91.2 billion yuan on Nov 11.

This year, the number of parcels delivered is projected to exceed 1 billion, up by 35 percent, according to company figures.

Alibaba is more for supplier not individual. Taobao is for Chinese only unless you can understand Chinese.

Try Aliexpress. A lot of eastern european and russian loves it. They represent a large portion of aliexpress customers.

http://english.cntv.cn/2014/09/10/VIDE1410338521429793.shtml

Things sold there are cheaper than ebay and amazon unless you want to buy gucci or LV expensive stuff.

Everyday is 11.11 to me. I constantly buy things from taobao and In fact, I will avoid buying on 11.11 to avoid delay in shipment.

Alibaba is more for supplier not individual. Taobao is for Chinese only unless you can understand Chinese.

Try Aliexpress. A lot of eastern european and russian loves it. They represent a large portion of aliexpress customers.

http://english.cntv.cn/2014/09/10/VIDE1410338521429793.shtml

Things sold there are cheaper than ebay and amazon unless you want to buy gucci or LV expensive stuff.

Everyday is 11.11 to me. I constantly buy things from taobao and In fact, I will avoid buying on 11.11 to avoid delay in shipment.
467 million parcels from last year's festival!
It's a test of china's modern logistics system.

咱就是稀罕比亚迪!!
Which company will you pay closest attention to for this year?

Back
Top Bottom