What's new

Alibaba: The Giant of e-Commerce

Alibaba to launch world's first e-commerce satellite in 2017
(cri.cn) Updated: 2016-09-26

b083fe955aa11952c69722.jpg

Juhuasuan.com announces plans to launch the world's first e-commerce satellite at its Beijing launch ceremony on Sept 22, 2016. [Photo/whu.edu.cn]

The world's first e-commerce satellite is scheduled to be launched in 2017.

According to China Economic Net, Juhuasuan.com, a group shopping website affiliated with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group, recently announced plans to launch the world's first e-commerce satellite.

The project is in cooperation with the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology and the China Space Museum. The three parties aim to further develop space exploration with the help of both space technology and e-commerce data.

The report said Juhuasuan.com plans to provide consumers with the world's best vegetables after analyzing agricultural cultivation and harvesting data provided by satellites.

"In the future, consumers on the Juhuasuan platform will be able to enjoy high-quality goods that follow the trajectory of the satellites. Lovers' keepsakes can be sent into space," offered Liu Bo, general manager of Juhuasuan.com. He said that the company aims to develop a series of customized products with the help of satellites.

Material that fell from the Shenzhou-11 carrier rocket will be made into daily commodities such as umbrellas, jewel cases and vacuum cups. These goods are expected to be available on Juhuasuan.com from Sept 23 to 25.

The company made the above announcements during its Beijing launch ceremony for the new space marketing plan.

Alibaba 11.11 Shopping Festival to last for 24 days
2016-10-21 17:32:33 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Shi

20161021172801720_90270.jpg

Zhang Yong, CEO of Alibaba Group announces the launching of 2016 Tmall 11.11 Global Shopping Festival on Oct.20 in Hong Kong.[Photo:The Paper]

China's e-commerce giant Alibaba Group has announced that the online 11.11 shopping festival this year will last for 24 days, not just the usual 24 hours, starting from October 21 and ending on November 13.

Since the 11.11 shopping festival first began in 2009 on Tmall, the website for online retail operated by Alibaba, it's developed into a global carnival with tens of thousands retailers and millions of buyers taking part.

In 2015, it had an estimated turnover of more than 91.2 billion yuan (USD 13.5 billion) breaking several world records for one-day sales.

"It is far more than a shopping spree, it is the start of a new retailing era." Zhang Yong, CEO of Alibaba Group told The Paper.

After Alibaba firstly brought together shopping and entertainment last year with enormous success, this year's 11.11 will be more entertainment-focused. According to Alibaba, interactions between sellers and buyers, will be augmented with webcast and VR techniques as part of the festival.

In addition to the move towards entertainment, this year's 11.11 will also be experienced across a much wider sales areas, with the inclusion of Hong Kong and Taiwan.

"From last year's buying from the world, to this year's selling to the world, our first try in Hong Kong and Taiwan is very important." says Zhang.

To facilitate the selling of goods to the world, Alibaba has upgraded its Alipay payment system to support "Global Payment", allowing consumers to pay in 18 currencies, such as the dollar, pound, euro and yen.

In the wake of Hong Kong and Taiwan, big online spenders, in Southeast Asia will soon be able to experience the obsessive `Chop-off hands' Tmall shopping phenomenon.

Please share with us what you buy.
Tell us the good deals.

This year new records will be smashed and the shopping spree will be one giant China size.

I will look at some office products as well as electronics, especially Mi smart home products.

So Alibaba decided to turn the day into online shoppers' greatest holy month in the universe.

Black Friday's face will turn green from jealousy.

I bet you will hunt down a DJI this time. So much rumor recently about the "cozy" relationship between you and DJI.

MAVIC, perhaps?
I will skip this chance.
Rumour is that DJI mavic has less-than-demand production capacity.
People have already ordered will have to wait until December and even 2017.
Plus, the price now is high.
I am patient, I can wait for another several months!
@GS Zhou

I will skip this chance.
Rumour is that DJI mavic has less-than-demand production capacity.
People have already ordered will have to wait until December and even 2017.
Plus, the price now is high.
I am patient, I can wait for another several months!
@GS Zhou

I'll buy one Mavic in 11/11 day. I don't think a significant discount is available (based upon on last year experience with the DJI P3), but a free drone insurance package could be expected.

I'll buy one Mavic in 11/11 day. I don't think a significant discount is available (based upon on last year experience with the DJI P3), but a free drone insurance package could be expected.
Do you think they will deliver on time?
I've heard the demand is too strong.....

I have no clue about its capacity. but I dont mind waiting for one or two weeks. you know, I could still play with my P3.
People are speculating it will be several months for the current caseload.....

Back
Top Bottom