What's new

Alert: Train Derailment (developing)

Upgrade lines and install sensors. No needs for patrols. Even busses in US have inside out cameras.

Freight railroads in the US send out periodic inspection teams to check the condition of the tracks as well as each and every trains wheels for cracks. Perhaps “patrols” wasn’t the best way to describe it. Inspection records for the tracks and the trains should be examined. If it was sabotage, I’m sure investigators will look for any residue indicating as such.

Freight railroads in the US send out periodic inspection teams to check the condition of the tracks as well as each and every trains wheels for cracks. Perhaps “patrols” wasn’t the best way to describe it. Inspection records for the tracks and the trains should be examined. If it was sabotage, I’m sure investigators will look for any residue indicating as such.
That’s a standard operating procedure here. Anything that involves public safety. Bridges, elevators, train, planes, busses. Companies are required to maintain safety inspection records.

That’s a standard operating procedure here. Anything that involves public safety. Bridges, elevators, train, planes, busses. Companies are required to maintain safety inspection records.

Perhaps there were discrepancies in the inspection record (which is probably unlikely as the inspectors are professionals). What is more likely is the inspectors recommendations fell on deaf ears because it required a lot of funding to fix the tracks or parts of the train cars. Either way, it’s just speculation on my part, so let’s hope they finally get to the bottom of this and those responsible are held accountable.

Unfortunately the track itself is prehistoric, in addition to the lazy bums who "maintain" it don't even to know what to look for in a dilapidated track.

Sindh is a joke, they administer their province like Congo and behave like them too.

I can only imagine how much money goes missing every day, 18th amendment abolition can't come soon enough. As with everything it will take you half a century to realise.

This is beyond the scope of my knowledge, do explain to me why has automated signalling not been adopted in Pakistan? Is this an issue across the network or only on selected lines? And if so, is there any proposed SLA on when this is expected to change?

Automation is a step that is extremely expensive and requires massive maintenance.
From what I've seen from the last 10 years,
Railways Unions have a huge political presence.

First, we'll need to acquire training and expertise on a automated system that is reliable, most preferably Japan, China and Korea come to mind to provide.

HOWEVER, this also means that PR needs to have the money at hand to convert and install the automated and wireless boxes all across the ML1, a step that is as expensive as upgrading the ML1 itself, so double the cost.

And then... massive lay-offs are going to take place, something that the unions WILL NOT let PR do at any costs.

So yeah, this is the same issue as PIA just more... hard, really hard.
Pakistan Railways do not have any plans for it, and the amount of automated signaling only extends as far as SOME sections of ML1, even then, it only relies on reaches.
Sadly, the loop lines all the way through are all MANNED.

Technically, this happened because the bogies derailed after breaking the coupler from the main body on Millet Exp,
However, the Locomotive with the rest of the train had continued on-wards until the next signal, which turned Signal 1 back to Yellow/Green, and while Sir Syed was just behind, it followed suite, no warning was able to reach within those first 5 to 15 minutes.

basically, the whole freaking system failed.
Apparantly guard had alerted the ASM of Daharki, but the ASM failed to provide timely warning to any train in the back.

I really miss Khwaja, there was no other man as effective as him in our Railways.

PS: to all the idiots who are saying the tracks are prehistoric need to educate themselves.
The current ML1 is perfectly fine for speeds up to 110, and in Sindh especially.

the Sukkar Division has been complaining about the maintenance requirements a few sections for the past few months however it has been getting rejected on multiple accords.

Last edited:
Update: Rescue efforts have been hampered due to lack of equipment to cut through the wreckage to rescue the victims and recovery of deceased.
And this is why Sindh needs Rescue 1122!

PPP led Sindh government is a stubborn kid who will refuse to have Rescue 1122 and Sehat card and will cry about everything.

Update: Rescue efforts have been hampered due to lack of equipment to cut through the wreckage to rescue the victims and recovery of deceased.
And this is why Sindh needs Rescue 1122!
Send a briefcase with $1to$2 million to 70 Clifton and it will be approved. Then keep about 35-40% of the development budget for bribes to both local and state PPP officials.

1623100545464.png

May Allah SWT give sabr e Jameel to the ones who lost their loved ones and give speedy recovery to the injured (Ameen).

I do not want to add anything regarding the improvement of the existing infrastructure and why the required allocation of funds were NOT spend to fix the pending issues since some very valid points regarding this subject are already mentioned above by some of the posters.

The following maybe Valid points the government will have to answer for. His claims need to be investigated in an independent inquiry.

Back
Top Bottom