Country
Pakistan
as received:

--- OPEN ---
Time: 0753 PST
Date: 06/07/2021
Casualties: 80 = 20 fatalities.
Type of Incident: Train derailiment & multi collision
Circumstances: early reports suggest two passenger trains have collided and derailed.
--- Message Ends ---
Update: Death toll now being reported as high as 45 people. Millat train derailed and Sir. Syed train collided into it.

Ancient infrastructure and poorly trained/led personnel always leads to disasters.

narrow gauge tracks in Sindh are pre-partition, I mean WTAF! We are in 2021 and still relying on tracks laid down by the British. 😑

• Attack on Bahria Town
  • Attack on Railways

This is not first time incident has happened specifically in Sindh

Few months back another train accident happened in Sindh just when then Railway Minister was launching KCR in Karachi

• The popularity figures of Railway minister was damaged by then Railway Accident

Let me guess some PPP court cases are due in Federal Courts they must be trying to divert them to Local Sindh Courts

Last edited:
as received:

--- OPEN ---
Time: 0753 PST
Date: 06/07/2021
Casualties: 80 = 20 fatalities.
Type of Incident: Train derailiment & multi collision
Circumstances: early reports suggest two passenger trains have collided and derailed.
--- Message Ends ---
Update: Death toll now being reported as high as 45 people. Millat train derailed and Sir. Syed train collided into it.

Accident looks serious. RIP to departed souls and Best wishes to Injured for fast recovery.

narrow gauge tracks in Sindh are pre-partition, I mean WTAF! We are in 2021 and still relying on tracks laid down by the British. 😑

Uhh narrow gauge?
We're on an operational broad-gauge same as India, very different from the rest of the world.
The Sindh ML1 is very well maintained in terms of operational health.

This is because we haven't automated the signaling system and rely on humans that rely on radio calls to change/stop the tracks on loop-lines.

This is because we haven't automated the signaling system and rely on humans that rely on radio calls to change/stop the tracks on loop-lines.

This is beyond the scope of my knowledge, do explain to me why has automated signalling not been adopted in Pakistan? Is this an issue across the network or only on selected lines? And if so, is there any proposed SLA on when this is expected to change?

Back
Top Bottom