What's new

Al-Zarrar MBT | News,Updates & Discussions.

yaar its a common knowledge its in punjab and plain areas. In deserts it will follow the second line of offense/reserves or in area defence duties.

VERTA
OK bhai jaan.

By the way, there is another APS system being evaluated apart from VARTA which is in limited service.

And suppose we go to war with India where in Pakistan we would deploy Al Zarrar

Usually in armoured divisions. There is a picture of AZ regiment on wiki deployed in kharian with 6th armoured div.

The Al-Zarrar is a upgraded Type 59 so it wont be that good against the T90s the Indians have.
Not really. The 125mm gun is effective against T72 and T90. The L7 105mm gun on T59 and T69 is inferior so relegated to armour formations in infantry divisions

Question:
How many T 59's remain in our arsenal that are yet to be upgraded to AZ standard?
or The T 59's that were supposed to be upgraded are upgraded and the rest shall just remain as T 59's

Question:
How many T 59's remain in our arsenal that are yet to be upgraded to AZ standard?
or The T 59's that were supposed to be upgraded are upgraded and the rest shall just remain as T 59's

Between 500-600 T-59's have been upgraded to AZ.

The other T-59 in service are upgraded to T-59 II M standard, M is for modified, roughly 500-600 and they may not be upgraded to AZ standard since they are modified already.

Between 500-600 T-59's have been upgraded to AZ.

The other T-59 in service are upgraded to T-59 II M standard, M is for modified, roughly 500-600 and they may not be upgraded to AZ standard since they are modified already.
I see, thanks

OK bhai jaan.

By the way, there is another APS system being evaluated apart from VARTA which is in limited service.
That may find use on Al Zarar as well.
It sure will if it is the same one that i think it is :)

The local/indigenous APS (soft kill)? :P

That may find use on Al Zarar as well.
It sure will if it is the same one that i think it is :)

The local/indigenous APS (soft kill)? :P

do you recognize they had the first indigenous one installed on the t-80UDs and it worked pretty well? yes its a softkill system and the one media thought was used for jamming tank propulsions. :P

do you recognize they had the first indigenous one installed on the t-80UDs and it worked pretty well? yes its a softkill system and the one media thought was used for jamming tank propulsions. :P

Nah i was not aware of that with reference to T80UD but remember the one that "jammed tank propulsion". :lol:
I heard that there is something cooking and may see action on even some Al Zarrar's. Lets see what comes out and frankly from what little i have known over the past few years the things that happen behind the curtains, i am confident that it will be something good and as per our needs.

Now keeping this kind of things and this alone is what makes sense. :)
About all those other things, ISPR must be a bit more vocal and forthcoming.

u have an obsolete tank updated to modern standard, what newer do u want?

Main gun able to fire a Chinese license-produced version of 9M119 Reflecks (AT-11 Sniper) gun-launched ATGM

@Horus @Windjammer @Stealth @Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER @Ulla @Sarge @Arsalan

How cool is this?

upload_2016-9-22_19-41-13.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom