What's new

Al Qaeda returning to Afghanistan

Questions number one: when did al-Qaeda leave Afghanistan?

Al-Qaeda member count, which is in itself a mystery, was reported to have gone down substantially over the last few years in Afghanistan, in actuality since the US led operations started. Many reputable and reliable sources had indeed confirmed that Al Qaeda affiliated militants numbered only a few hundred as their members had slowly shifted to Yemen and other favored destinations like Sudan.

Osama Bin laden and his Arabic friends are neither brave nor evil geniuses, this can be confirmed by history when Bin Laden went into Afghanistan for the first time. Al Qaeda seems to be just a grouping of faintly linked Arabs who thought they could engineer an attack on the west from a nation like Afghanistan and get something out of it.

The terrain on either side just cannot seal this long border and that is a hard fact and all must realise this geographical aspect. No border in history has ever been sealed when you have determined people to cross it. Secondly, why are we talking about returning to Afghanistan. They are already there. They just need to get out and catch them with their high tech equipment.

We have a saying among the legionnaires deployed in afghanistan."For every terrorist you kill, six more are made". Terrorist shortage was never a problem for us. Infact they always have a surplus to meet the demand. Even when the foreign forces landed, taliban, al qaeda were already well dug in . The militants were well established in pakistan territory as well. Not to mention supply lines to militant via central asia and pak.

How do you identify terrorists?
Do they bear some mark on forehead or some forensic evidence lead you to them?
Do you record keep all the terrorists you kill?

If you remember the 10year old history, it was northern alliance which lead US troops to the land of Taliban, after those were leveled by carpet bombing.
I don't think your soldiers are brave enough to go to enemy land knowing they are still alive.
IMO... there are only fake encounters for the sake of making video footages but no real opposition.
If you had been fighting real battles since last 10 years than you must be having piles of captured ammunition and guns.. and there records.... if not than what the hell is this talk about daily battles?

Who in Pakistan is rich enough to supply arms for 10 year long war, all the supply lines of NATO goes through Pakistan and are so huge that no one can miss them.

Why the hell allied forces cut the wires Pakistan put across Afghan border and why the hell our last President was changed immediately after when announced he will put mines on Pak Afghan border.
Learn from Israel how cheaply they control the influx of militants by fencing but it is you who like open borders.

Why these Terrorist have different style of fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan?
In Pakistan mostly are sucide bombings, while in Afghanistan there are battles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually battles should have been in Pakistan where according to your opinion lies their real strength?
Why they take all kidnapped people to Afghanistan? simply because they belong there?

Most of above what the hell India army has been doing since last 10 years in Afghanistan?

What a waste of efforts and tax payers money.
One this is sure that immediately after carpet bombings Pakistan captured all prized al-qaeeda.
How disappointing for those who want al-qaeeda to roam freely.
After Pakistani efficiency US authorities reconsider their approach and now do not offer reward for capturing al-qaeeda.
Instead it is discouraged in the shape of TTP, floods, earth quake, holding back operational expenses.

You are a mod.. why not read the forum history to get your answer which has been given thousand times.
Even if you would have read the short history of this current thread, you wouldn't have been asking such smart questions.

The terrain on either side just cannot seal this long border and that is a hard fact and all must realise this geographical aspect. No border in history has ever been sealed when you have determined people to cross it. Secondly, why are we talking about returning to Afghanistan. They are already there. They just need to get out and catch them with their high tech equipment.

Thanks for the reasoning.
Neither is any country allowed to invade other sovereign country but special circumstances demand out of box solution.
If it is possible to barb Indo.Pak border than why not Pak.afghan border?

One can always patrol it... only need operational expense of 50million per year. Alas US is poor and cannot afford security of his nation and soldiers at the cost of 50million dollar.

Mining is one solution... Mt. Matterhorn. what are you doing in Islamabad?

its not pakistan's fault your native country(afghanistan)is a failiure.

go begg somewhere else for sympathy.

take your ungrateful refugees with you.

Look at my profile, you can even trace my IP.

Little boy, I do not live in Afghanistan. I live in Canada. You know where that is, or do you need to take your meds before you understand?

What a waste of efforts and tax payers money.
One this is sure that immediately after carpet bombings Pakistan captured all prized al-qaeeda.
How disappointing for those who want al-qaeeda to roam freely.
After Pakistani efficiency US authorities reconsider their approach and now do not offer reward for capturing al-qaeeda.
Instead it is discouraged in the shape of TTP, floods, earth quake, holding back operational expenses.

You are a mod.. why not read the forum history to get your answer which has been given thousand times.
Even if you would have read the short history of this current thread, you wouldn't have been asking such smart questions.

I would suggest that your revise your history. In fact learn it altogether from scratch.

Carpet bombing in Swat would have mean political suicide for the Pakistan Army.

The appraoch was to secure the peaks, descend and take the valleys.

Secondly, besides a couple of the TTP leadership, a large chunk of it has still not been nabbed, as admitted by the Pakistan Army itself. Most managed to flee as the army moved in. They are dispersed all over the province and the task at hand is to prevent them from regrouping.

The US has softened it's approach towards the al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and it's now engaged in talks with them through third party. Officially teh administration denies that but leaked reports, printed in the Western media only, clearly indicate that the Taliban cannot be ignored when it comes to establishing peace in the region.

The US, if you care to look at the map, has been unable to take hold of Taliban strongholds. Hence, my question, when did al-Qaeda leave Afghanistan holds.

I would suggest that your revise your history. In fact learn it altogether from scratch.

Secondly, besides a couple of the TTP leadership, a large chunk of it has still not been nabbed, as admitted by the Pakistan Army itself. Most managed to flee as the army moved in. They are dispersed all over the province and the task at hand is to prevent them from regrouping.

The US has softened it's approach towards the al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and it's now engaged in talks with them through third party. Officially teh administration denies that but leaked reports, printed in the Western media only, clearly indicate that the Taliban cannot be ignored when it comes to establishing peace in the region.

The US, if you care to look at the map, has been unable to take hold of Taliban strongholds. Hence, my question, when did al-Qaeda leave Afghanistan holds.

The U.S. has taken the district of Marjah in Helmand, a former Taliban stronghold. They are also in a major operation right now in Kandahar to clear Taliban logistics and supplies from there.

Elmo sir, you seem to be very knowledgeable for the current situation, can i please ask you why the Pakistani army has been unable to recapture the large 'chunks' of land? Just asking out of curiosity...

The U.S. has taken the district of Marjah in Helmand, a former Taliban stronghold. They are also in a major operation right now in Kandahar to clear Taliban logistics and supplies from there.

What about the other provinces neighbouring Pakistan? What about the fact that the US is reconsidering withdrawal from some areas, intending to stay there so they can clear some more regions.

Elmo sir, you seem to be very knowledgeable for the current situation, can i please ask you why the Pakistani army has been unable to recapture the large 'chunks' of land? Just asking out of curiosity...

Which large chunks of land are you referring to?

Which large chunks of land are you referring to?

The areas of land which you were reffering to earlier, sir.

Send the bastards back to there hole their nation (Afghanistan) is the core of the problem we all face today let them have em...

Pakistani army has done a terrific job of defeating Al Qaeda forces, the question is, can the Afghan army stand up to the task of fighting them?

Pakistani army has done a terrific job of defeating Al Qaeda forces, the question is, can the Afghan army stand up to the task of fighting them?

If the Americans could'nt gain control of the entire of Afg. from the Al Qaeda than I don't really see how the Afg. army can unless there's some sort of peace treaty...

Back
Top Bottom